Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181889 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53 AM »
I hit Star Wars Weekends at Disney World last week.  From what I was able to piece together, they moved all the Wave 1 stock out of the parks for SW Weekends.  However, the exterior stores like Downtown Disney still have wave 1.  I was told at the Downtown store that they have the Wave 2 stuff in stock, but were holding back until after SWW was over.  I'm not sure if that means they'll just naturally let the old stock run out or if they pulled W1 now.  There was a worker grabbing one of each remaining piece for "photos in the backroom?" while I was there, but they wouldn't help me put together or buy a set of individual pieces.  Also, most of the solid color (non white) domes, bodies, and side legs were already sold out.  I was hoping to get more individual pieces, but just ended up with 6 wave 1 droids and 1 from w2.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2015, 06:04 PM »
It's amazing how you can get different stories. I was told by an employee at Downtown Disney that they were waiting for stock to sell through before switching over so they weren't sure when exactly the new Wave 2 parts would be available. This was on this past Thursday (June 11th). I was glad that they did still have the Wave 1 parts though as I was able to pick up a bunch of White w/Purple Bodies that I could use with the three new purple colored domes.

Here are some (not so great) pics of the Wave 2 set of domes that I was able to acquire:

R2s (or R2-like domes, I refuse to call an R2 dome an R7)

More R2s and the R3s

R4s & R5s

R6s & R7s

R8s & R9s

You'll notice that there are some droids on the Black w/Silver body from Wave 1, I also had a spare pair of the White w/Black Body from Wave 1 and the new Silver w/Black R9 dome looks great on both of those. The new Black w/Silver & Orange R5 dome is on a Black w/Gold & Silver body which uses the new torso combined with the Black w/Silver legs from Wave 1.

I also picked up some extras of the two R7s and the White w/Cyan R8 so that I could mix and match the bodies among the Wave 2 domes as well as bring in some dome/body combinations with the R7/R8 domes from Wave 1.

After all of the body combo shuffling, here are the resulting Wave 1 w/Wave 2 body parts I now have in my collection as well:

The White w/Yellow R6 on that Orange & White R7/R8 body is for "future expansion" - perhaps there there will be another Orange R7/R8 dome down the line I can put this body to go use with.

The flexibility of the colors this time leaves a lot to be desired. But what I do like most of all is the "set" of purple colored droids since there is now an R2, R3, R4, two R6s and an R9.

All total, I purchased 2x of 54 different droid designs, plus 4x droids with White w/Purple bodies from Wave 1. So this was a very expensive trip  ;D

I will try to take better pictures when I have more time...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Wow, very impressive collection!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Yeah I got some Wv1's from my buddy for Wv2 swapping.  I have like the R6 black/silver dome, with the red/white/black body from wv2 and white/black/silver legs.  Looks pretty damn awesome.

That's one of my favs now.  Wv1 parts mix well, so getting some extras was nice.

I need MANY more Wv2 parts yet though.  All the orange parts, a ton more...  Excited to get those next year I guess.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Holy crap Pete - how many droids did you buy?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2015, 01:24 PM »

4 - Wave 1 Droids at Once Upon a Toy
108 - Wave 2 Droids at Tatooine Traders/Darth's Mall
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2015, 07:02 PM »

4 - Wave 1 Droids at Once Upon a Toy
108 - Wave 2 Droids at Tatooine Traders/Darth's Mall

So, over $1200 worth of BAD.  You are hard core my friend!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2015, 09:27 PM »
So, over $1200 worth of BAD.  You are hard core my friend!

I get a discount because I am a Disney Vacation Club member, I believe the discount is either 10% or 15%, so I did pay less than that. But more or less, yes.
Peter

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2015, 01:15 PM »
I bet there is a trash can with a lot of clam shells in it at Disney World. I hate how at Disneyland they make you put each droid in a clam shell to buy it because that is where the SKU price is. Seems like such a waste.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Love my R2-D60 thanks to Phruby.   :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17 PM »
I bet there is a trash can with a lot of clam shells in it at Disney World. I hate how at Disneyland they make you put each droid in a clam shell to buy it because that is where the SKU price is. Seems like such a waste.

Actually, I got them all home thanks to the fact that other family members had space in their luggage.

;D
Peter

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2015, 02:24 PM »
I'm impressed Pete, you kept the clam shells. Did you name them all?  ;) Around here we have R9-Rachel and R8-Princess.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2015, 01:19 AM »
I'm impressed Pete, you kept the clam shells. Did you name them all?  ;) Around here we have R9-Rachel and R8-Princess.

Nope - haven't named any of my Disney Build-a-Droids. Someday maybe - I have plenty of sticker sheets to do so...

Peter

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 1, 2015, 01:12 AM »
Wow! I am so out of the loop. Went to Disneyland on Monday with the express intent of picking up a few more of the wave 1 domes I never got and was bummed to learn that wave 1 is discontinued. Not a fan of the waves 2 and 3 stuff, though I did build some imperial droids, including "goldie."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Is there a Disney droid trading thread somewhere? Been trying to track down some of the wave one stuff I missed and acquired a few extra domes to trade. Wondering if there's a resource to help beyond eBAy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."