Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181908 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2016, 01:03 PM »
I need the brown R0 and the yellow (I think) one.

I'm pretty sure the White w/Brown highlights dome was an R6 not an R0. The new R0 dome is Black w/Red highlights.

Their report back was that WDW still has some Wave 1 parts in one area, and won't replace them till they're sold out.

That's good to know - back in June 2015 when I was there, I was able to score some White w/Purple bodies for the new domes with purple color highlighting - I'd like to grab some more white w/purple bodies to put with the new White/Purple R5 dome, hopefully that will be achievable....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2016, 12:01 AM »
Has anybody that's been to one of the build a figure stations notice if there have been any red r2 domes left from the earlier waves? If you notice on the new 6 inch exclusive droid set, they make Wedges droid witn a red r2 head and white body with red trim.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2016, 11:03 PM »
Hey, Indysolo, do you mean these droids?

After looking through some screencaps of THE FORCE AWAKENS, it looks like the droid on the left is the one that's in Poe's X-Wing during the battle on Takodana.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 6, 2016, 05:55 PM »
I've never noticed the green r5 head and greenr2 body before.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 7, 2016, 02:06 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #425 on: September 7, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Makes for a definitely noticeable astromech...  Wish I could pick these up in person myself.  I'd spend way too much time there putting together odd variants I don't have but think would look pretty slick.  Especially with the grey bodies at this point.  Love the way those turn out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 3, 2017, 12:14 PM »
I'm thinking about going back and trying to slowly assemble a set of these... do these two images accurately depict the whole of what Disney made for this line or is this not a complete list?

« Last Edit: May 3, 2017, 12:15 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 3, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Hope this helps!

http://4lomkuss.com/h-a-n-hasbro-ad-network/disneys-droid-factory-build-a-droid-guide/

It does, and it's pretty daunting.  It's also the reason I didn't sweat those in the first place.  Maybe I'll just pick up a few whenever I see a good deal and continue to not be too concerned about them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #429 on: May 3, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Getting in late is gonna hurt cuz wave 1 is mostly long gone.  Now that they're onto protocol droids it's hard to say where the latter waves will go from here too.

I'm not gonna be as particular on the protocols.  I'm told they're a bitch to make because of subtle differences in arms torsos and such.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 4, 2017, 09:48 AM »
I'm just amazed you guys are trying to collect those. I have five of them just because the kids built ones during trips there. No way would I ever attempt to buy all of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #431 on: May 4, 2017, 02:54 PM »
I have all parts, and duplicates of most because I've found a billion combinations that look great.  For me, it's not about the completeness so much as it's about loving background droids I can slip into any scene, and it looks good.  All my Rebel Pilots will have an astromech, Imperial scenes will have plenty, a (possible) Starspeeder docking area will have plenty... 

I'm not as wild about the protocols.  Like I can't see getting the CZ body with all the heads on it, and then the regular protocol body with all the heads, and so on...  That's sorta batshit insanity.

I will want a droid for every head though.   :-X

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 4, 2017, 03:42 PM »
I've made a list of parts I want for when we go in the summer.  Man, I think there's 17 droids I want.  That's going to be expensive.

I don't really like the looks of the blue droids though.  Looks to plastic-y for my tastes.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 4, 2017, 07:12 PM »
I want/have the following build a protocol, after I have all of these I will feel content.

blue Senate protocol - check
Black protocol - check
Silver vendor droid - check
Silver Cz droid - check
Blue Ra7 droid - on the way from a board member on rebelscum
Silver protocol (the blue sensor eyes look cool) - needed
Silver 4lom - needed

I'm on the fence about a golden CZ and a red/maroon Vendor

I'm sure they will do a second wave with a few new sculpts (way too early to start the prediction brackets but I would love a police droid, Maz droid, lightsaber maker droid) alongside a greenish 3po (could also work for a cannon vendor droid from clone wars in green).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 9, 2017, 05:44 PM »
I would love love love to have one of every part - I just don't see any realistic way to do it.  I've been to Disney twice in two years and bought up a nice chunk of pieces, but they never have all of them, nor do I want to spend hundreds and hundreds buying duplicate parts like bodies to get all the heads I want.  The assembled droids look cool, but I like having the parts stashing in my droid factory or sand crawler.  They're perfect for stuff like that.  It will never happen, but I'd be all over a set that had 1x of every part.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today