Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth  (Read 19942 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2012, 09:10 AM »
Reading up from the otheR site...

A fellow AZ collector posted this video where there is still not a very clear shot of that shelf but if you pause at 1:29 or so, you can see that it is Blue Snag (Belt buckle) and the white figure between him and X-Wing Luke looks to be the Death Star droid (So I think that Hoth Leia will have to wait)

Rad Jobs With Gentle Giant

Looks like a Blue Snag to me!

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 3, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Some caps from that video. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2012, 01:50 PM »
When I first saw the photo I was thinking that it was Blue Snaggletooth but now I feel like maybe it's Luke Jedi.  In the picture below, what appears to be the belt buckle on a Blue Snag could be the beak from Logray's headpiece and the "boot" is actually his pouch.  If you look at the angle he's facing, those two pieces line up with what was orignally thought to be silver on Snags.

If you look at the head (blue circle) it looks more like a Luke Jedi hairline rather than Snags, who has black hair.  The hand (red arrow) looks a little more like Blue Snags, but the angle of the photo and the position of Logray in front of the Jumbo figure could be putting the size/orientation out of whack making this a bent arm from Luke as much as a straight arm from Snags.

The only thing I'm not positive of is if you look at the yellow arrow, which can explain the top part of what was thought of as the boot, doesn't necessarily explain what also appears to be silver boots seen from underneath the shelf. that could be a trick of the lighting, though.

At this point, looking at the photo again and reading what GG tweeted yesterday, I'm leaning towards Luke Jedi at this point.  However, I do still believe that there's a Blue Snag in the works based on the Insider photo from 2010 that shows early Jumbo figures and some vintage Kenner 3.75 figures.  That photo showed the Gam Guard and Yoda long before we got wind of the Jumbo versions.  Blue Snag, Bossk and AT-AT Driver are also in that photo and it could be an early roadmap to their releases.  No Luke Jedi, but we've also gotten Jumbo R5-D4 and the DSD since that photo was posted and their vintage 3.75" counterparts weren't shown.

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2012, 03:38 PM »
I think that light colored spot sticking out by Logray is his medicine pouch.. You can see a similar light shape next to the second Logray bust (left of the one in question). I think Blue Snags boots would be farther back in the shelf than.

It looks to me like Blue Snags is leaning back against the back wall versus standing upright.  The silver boot sticks out a bit from the leg on the vintage figure anyway, but I think at that angle it could easily be the boot.  I can see where people are seeing Luke Jedi's head in there, but looks just as much like a Snaggletooth head to me.  The light colored spot near the waste still shows up in Sir Real's screen caps at a more head-on angle, so I don't think that's just part of Logray. 

What settles it for me more than anything is the coloring.  That bluish color looks spot on for a Blue snags.  If you look at everything else that is supposed to be black in the picture, it all looks black, so I don't see why that figure in the back corner would be a black figure that looks a little blue.  It also fits with their release pattern of vintage variants.  They have a variation for Jawa, Han, Yoda....makes sense to make one for Snags. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2012, 04:14 PM »
The head profile and contours still speaks "Luke" to me. I think that due to the fact that we are looking at a figure through glass next to a "hot" light source, we are seeing pixels blown out and color shift akin to the DS Commander scenes (gray or olive outfit) on the Death Star in ANH.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Upon closer inspection, that may be Jedi Luke???

Upon closer inspection, that hostess is friggin' hawtsome.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2012, 04:41 PM »
The head profile and contours still speaks "Luke" to me. I think that due to the fact that we are looking at a figure through glass next to a "hot" light source, we are seeing pixels blown out and color shift akin to the DS Commander scenes (gray or olive outfit) on the Death Star in ANH.

Wouldn't you expect other blacks to look similar if that was the case?  The Logray base, red snaggletooth belt, DS Trooper, etc. all look like a darker, distinguished black by comparison.  That hand on the left arm also looks like its hanging too low to be Jedi Luke, even if the shoulder is rotated back to get his hand pointing down. 

Found this interesting too.  From the Squirrel's Corner  (GG Q&A) over a year ago:

"4. Is Gentle Giant going to offer a 12″ version of the Blue Snaggletooth figure? If so, are you going to put it or a card back or in a plain white mailer like the 3 3/4″ version was originally offered in?

We love Blue Snags!  First up for the 12” Vintage Kenner line is making sure we complete the first 12.  Then our collectors can expect to see some of the cool Cantina creatures to be offered."
« Last Edit: May 3, 2012, 04:44 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #22 on: May 3, 2012, 04:50 PM »
I messed with the image is photoshop so I'll amend my theory. It's Blue Snaggletooth.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 3, 2012, 04:51 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 3, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Confirmed for SDCC...preorder for PG Members up now

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54 PM »
I'm going but I'm not a member. Does anyone know if one person can buy another person one?
He's no good to me open

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 08:07 PM »
I signed up for the Premier Guild Membership an hour ago.  Does anyone know who long it takes for new memberships to become active.  I can't wait to order the blue Snaggletooth.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Not sure how long it takes to process a sign-up, but check your email for that special one time offer code for the free gift for signing up.  One of those gifts is the Jumbo Gamorrean Guard (if they're still available).  I had to email customer service to get my code, since I didn't get the auto-email  (customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com). 

Here's a screen grab from that YouTube video showing the narrow card.  Looks nice.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28 PM »
I signed up for the Premier Guild Membership an hour ago.  Does anyone know who long it takes for new memberships to become active.  I can't wait to order the blue Snaggletooth.

I signed up a month or so ago.  Your membership is manually processed, so should happen sometime on Monday and you should be all set.

As I understand, you would need to be present at SDCC to order one of these, right?  I have the membership, but not going to the Con - can I still get one?   :-\

*EDIT* NM - just placed my order.   8)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:34 PM by JediJman »