Multimedia > TV-9D9

The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread

<< < (51/69) > >>

MistaBinks:
My only complaints are that the force powers slid into superhero territory. Elevating and choking seemed go be pushing it.

My only other complaint is that this storyline could have taken up well over six episodes. Great stuff but rushed.

Scockery:
While entertaining, I think it misfired.

Complaints:

1. Bo Katan as Satine's sister....unnecessary and rang false...she was part of a group plotting her sister's death? Estranged relations, indeed.

2. Maul begging for mercy. A. he should know better, as he was Sidious pupil. B. it doesn't fit/borderline character assassination...I guess it does make Pre Vizla twice the man Maul is.

3. Sidious sparing Maul. He insisted Dooku off Ventress, she was too strong in the dark side. Sidious plays by his own rules, though. The Rule of Two is for his own protection. I guess we will find out his plans for Maul.

4. Yes, about the force ability, Sidious used telekinesis a lot. Maul and Opress didn't at all.

5. What was the scene about Palpatine requesting a shuttle? That went no where.  ;)

6. How did Sidious know what was going on? Spies. Sure. Magical force sense that operates at key moments? Uh...

7. Kenobi saying Maul was forced to be evil...a tad of a leap, better applied to Savage Opress, whose origins he was more aware of.

8. Prime Minister ******bag is still alive.

9. THEY KILLED THE TWILIGHT! NOOOOOOO!!!

We also got Mas Amedda and Ki Adi Mundi cameos. Hoo-rah.

Darby:
This arc is missing another episode, which given the four wasted on the droids thing, just makes me scratch my head, but whatever - Palpatine sensing the rise of Maul seems to needlessly rush the end of the arc. What should have happened is that after Satine's death, Obi-Wan reports the take over of Mandalore by Maul to the council and Senate. Since it's Sith related, the Jedi change their minds on an intervention. He and Anakin lead a task force back there to clean house. Obi-Wan struggles with some serious anger/grief and it would have paid to show him be a human being. At this point he's so detached that it's hard to even empathize with him.

Palpatine naturally becomes aware of the situation on Mandalore, and this is his reintroduction to Maul. I agree Maul's cowardice is completely out of character. I don't believe for a second that Maul would react this way. Nor do I believe Sidious would initally act on his own. He would send Dooku first, unless Palpatine legitimately feared Maul so much that he had to act. The clinic he ran on Maul and Oppress pretty much proves he had nothing to fear. If they had explored Palpatine's fear through the prism of Maul's miraculous survival - here is a Sith with extraordinary ability - then I could see it, but it's handled as if Palpatine is taking out the trash.

Scockery:
I agree about the length, though technically, the arc really was four episodes, they played the first part out of sequence as the season opener, since it was ambiguous enough in its ending to be a stand alone episode.  Remember we see Hondo's camp in ruins...the result of Separatist attack during the younglings arc. (In the rearranged airing order, the attack won't occur for 7 more episodes).

EpicGon:
The duel Sidious vs devil brothres was ok and gave relief to the audeince when killing Opress

I agree with a previous coment, it si possible maul further face Dooku, even Grievous, lol  :D ;D
But someone must kill Maul. Anakin in rage, Obi Wan in justice or Yoda as preventing Sith to reassemble in the near future.

About Satine, her murder only showed Maul more crazy than ruthless.... itīs a pity Maul hates cutties.

Remember a bit when Jabba kills Oola, but the Hutt was in lust t this moment

For Filoni... he lost a lot killing Satine

I can undesrtand his plot and commercial purposes but

Satine in love with Obi Wan, would have been positif as most powerful Jedis have married Kento Malek, Anakin, Luke in expanded universe.

So many seasons with Satine and what a waste Obi Wan didnīt kiss her in the cell when she hugged him or as a farewell

I think it wouldnīt have express weakness in Jedi, as Sith are identified with Hate and Jedi  with Love.

Jedi without belongings, but who was watching? So Obi said: "ok I am 36-37 and canīt kiss a girl because it is not politically correct as I am a Jedi Master"

Justice is up to Kenobi, indeed Jedi feel the need of vengeance too, but it is a war.

In conclusion to definetely kill Maul a Jedi must behead him or then slice him in two, this time not horizontally, but vertically
like when the Cid, Rodrigo Díaz de Vívar did with a Sarracen enemy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version