Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101225 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2013, 11:09 AM »
The "Lost Episodes" are still  ??? lost?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2013, 11:12 AM »
I'll get the boxed set for sure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2013, 04:20 PM »
I'm leaning that way too but the cost hurts but I figure I skipped enough seasons its worth it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37 PM »
I just preordered that box set on Amazon. $105 for the Blu Ray! I think the DVDs are like $80 something.

I had planned on rebuying the first 2-3 seasons on BR anyway but this is ultimately much cheaper.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Finally got my hands on my Complete Series set. it shipped two weeks ago but I had it sent to my parents' house and never got around to going over there until today. It'll probably be another week before I get to sit down and open the thing, but there is supposed to be lots of bonus goodies included.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 2, 2013, 09:23 PM »
I got Season 5 on BluRay for my birthday today. I am curious to see if the voice-synching is as noticeably off as has been reported. I hope not, that is inexcusable IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 2, 2013, 11:11 PM »
I got Season 5 on BluRay for my birthday today. I am curious to see if the voice-synching is as noticeably off as has been reported. I hope not, that is inexcusable IMO.

Let me know what you find McMetal - I've been holding off picking it up as a result of the original reports that the audio synch was off...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 4, 2013, 12:08 AM »
Finally got around to opening my Complete Series Blu-Ray, and Season 5 discs don't even load. There's just a black screen. ::) A Season 4 disc worked perfectly though. Apparently this is a widespread problem, and the discs that don't work don't have the audio sync problem. Great job, Lucasfilm and Warner Bros!

Amazon is trying to tell me it's too late to return the set but I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and get a refund. No way I'm going to be stuck with this crappy set that doesn't even play.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 4, 2013, 11:28 AM »
That sucks, I had heard about that issue too. I guess some people got it to work by "updating" their Blu-Ray player via a web connection, but I don't know the exact steps.

I'm about 6 episodes in to my Season 5 disc so far, and I haven't noticed any issue with the audio synchronization so far, although I gather it is more noticeable in the Mandalore arc. We'll see...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 5, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Let me know what you find McMetal - I've been holding off picking it up as a result of the original reports that the audio synch was off...

FYI, I just finished watching the last episodes from Season 5 and am happy to report there were no audio synch issues with my copy. Everything looked and sounded great to me.  :)

What a great season that was, BTW...I can't wait to see the lost episodes/bonus content coming later this year...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2014, 04:25 PM »
Finally got my hands on my Complete Series set. it shipped two weeks ago but I had it sent to my parents' house and never got around to going over there until today. It'll probably be another week before I get to sit down and open the thing, but there is supposed to be lots of bonus goodies included.

I finally did some digging around and according to TheForce.net, Warner is sending out free replacement discs. I kept forgetting to call until today, and it took less than 3 minutes to get everything taken care of. They just ask for your name, address, and which set you bought (apparently there are different discs for Season 5 vs the Complete Series), and they said the new disc would be here in 1-2 weeks. They told me they were out of Disc 1 at the moment so while I'm getting Disc 2, hopefully they mail out the Disc 1s when they are able to produce more.

The number is 1-800-553-6937 if anyone needs it.