Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101217 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2013, 08:41 PM »
ep 18 season 5 is a blink to Harrison Ford´s Fugituve

the action outmatched episodes like Eminence, the dialogue was more mature than ever
and this is good, even for the audience of kids who enter deeper in the SW universe.

There are lot of speculations as
Ventress could have be hidden to kill the clones and framed Ashoka.

Her escape anticipate what could have been the troubles and adventures in
the exhile of Obi Wan Kenobi or Yoda.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2013, 03:40 AM »
Did anyone notice that, in the Jedi War Room, when Obi-Wan was speaking through hologram to the assembled Jedi, he mentioned something about Saleucami? I didn't hear exactly what he said, but he mentioned exactly that name - and it's also mentioned in ROTS, when he tells Anakin that Master Vos is going to assemble his forces there. Maybe I'm doing a little too much thinking on this one, but what if this episode shows just how close the show is to ROTS now? Maybe the Republic is about to launch its forces there, and this is a sign that the show's timeline is coming closer to ROTS. I wonder if that means it'll be ending soon.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Did anyone notice that, in the Jedi War Room, when Obi-Wan was speaking through hologram to the assembled Jedi, he mentioned something about Saleucami? I didn't hear exactly what he said, but he mentioned exactly that name - and it's also mentioned in ROTS, when he tells Anakin that Master Vos is going to assemble his forces there. Maybe I'm doing a little too much thinking on this one, but what if this episode shows just how close the show is to ROTS now? Maybe the Republic is about to launch its forces there, and this is a sign that the show's timeline is coming closer to ROTS. I wonder if that means it'll be ending soon.

Has anyone read or watched anything that states the Filoni team confirming a season 6? All of the initial reports had the show going for at least "100" episodes. We hit that earlier this year. With the licensing deal being closed in the middle of this, I am starting to think more and more that the rug may ave been pulled out from under the show. Hasbro sure shite-canned the figure line seemingly overnight. It also could explain why there is now a missing arc in season 5. Every other season ended with a cliffhanger. It seems possible now that they took that out so as not to end  the series on a cliffhanger. That also makes me think Ahsoka's fate will not be determined in the current arc, but we will have to wait and see on that.

I have always felt that much like the animated series, the final episodes should center around the attack on Courosaunt and the abduction of Palpatine. It would be a shame if we never get to see Filoni's take on that.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2013, 12:14 PM »
 ??? None of the seasons ended on a real cliffhanger. The last one just had Maul and Opress still alive. Their story wasn't supposed to continue until this year, but the first episode of their arc was stand alone-like enough to be used as the season opener.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22 PM »
I would simply crap if Hasbro or Sideshow made one of those Massiff handler ARF Troopers. Those guys were sick!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:29 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2013, 02:24 PM »
That reminds me. Notice the prison had huge statues of phase 2 Clone Troopers. So...what does that say about things? They have resources to waste on aesthetics during total war? That the prison will  look dated when Stormtrooper armor becomes standard?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Those ARF Troopers were pretty sweet, probably customizable, although the face flap would be tricky. It was definitely nice to see Fox get some screen time too, that was one of the worthier final slots filled in this line.

Tarkin I think again comes across as a smug jerk, which is guess is sort of the point, but hard to even admire him as an adversary. Plus the whole frame job is just so contrived, it sort of seems silly that he would be so gung ho about the whole thing. Is this sort of matter the kind of thing you want your starfleet admirals worrying about in the first place?

I'm calling it now that the whole thing is part of an evil plot orchestrated by Barriss Offee. She's clearly conflicted about the war, she knows Ahsoka is an easy target to pin the murder on, she has the skills to lay the Force smackdown on Letta, it all fits.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2013, 04:24 AM »
Decent episode, but couldn't they just watch security tapes and see that Ahsoka wasn't responsible? What if she had stayed in her cell?

She also has the Jedi behind her but I'm guessing Tarkin outranks them since it's a "military matter"
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Yeah, strange that they have recorders in the cell but not the hallways?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Yeah, strange that they have recorders in the cell but not the hallways?

That, and there wouldn't be suspicion about why the sound wasn't working in that particular cell.  And if there was a problem to begin with, wouldn't they have rectified it, moved the prisoner to another functioning cell?  Or wouldn't they have noticed that the sound wasn't working when Ahsoka was in there (I suppose that they could say that Ahsoka used the Force to block the sound, but then if that was the case, why didn't she block out the visuals as well)?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:18 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2013, 03:48 PM »
The new preview has Tarkin tell the Jedi that "the evidence is indisputable" and that's why Ahsoka's guilty.

I think that's pretty ridiculous considering all they have to do is look at the cameras and see that someone else took out those clones and let Ahsoka out. And they really have no evidence.

What the heck is going on with the writing in these episodes?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:27 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Nobody cares because it's a sinking ship?  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55 PM »
Even Yoda seems convinced of Ahsoka's guilt. YODA? Really? I thought Windu was the "bad cop" in the council.

The other preview, why do we need a new transit cop clone? (Underworld/sublevels clone?) Where are the coruscant police droids?

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Hey Hasbro, when will the new Ventress figure with mask be coming o....

Oh, right.

I was hoping for an end game for Ashoka here, but it looks like Anakin will save he at the last possible moment during her trial. As most people were suggesting Barris will turn out to be the bad guy, and Ventress will end up selling churros on level 1315.

Here is hoping for a season 6.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Mmmm....churros.

What's up with the new gunship/air transports?  Less wingspan for tighter areas?

All the random Ithorians makes me wish they'd make a  random Ithorian.

Where does the smoke from a burning barrel go underground? *cough*

It seemed like Plo Koon might play a decent part in this, then we were let down.  :-\

Mace Windu: 'Skywalker may not be able to do what needs to be done....because If I go I'm gonna end this thing right now! She's too dangerous to let live!"

Barriss can get the drop on Ventress?  Really?