Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101199 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Barriss can get the drop on Ventress?  Really?

Ventress can almost kill her master, Luminara, but then somehow Barriss pulls a "B**** please" and knocks her down.

It also bugged me that she could adequately use two lightsabers and totally whup Ahsoka's ass.

And you thought Darth Maul was the badass of TCW?

Barriss was the real badass all along. ::)

I wish Filoni thought these things over more. Cuz first Ahsoka can holdup her own against General Grievous and Asajj Ventress, two famed Jedi-killers known throughout the galaxy, yet somehow Barris Offee can now totally just toss her around like Sidious did to Maul.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2013, 08:25 PM »
I think the cloaked lady is Barriss too. She framed Asoka and pumelled her.
But there is a leit motif=some inactive jedi or sith appear or come back reloaded.

Anakin looks frustrated, coz this arch is going to put him in the role of judge rather than fighter.

Well balanced sort of aliens, the jabba palace snake, the braniac guy,
I really liked them. But somebody can tell me please, why TCW spot Ithorians so fatty, with wide torsos, while rodians
are very skinny in contrast?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2013, 09:51 PM »
The Barriss angle is interesting.  She was after all one of the Jedi who had been introduced in Attack Of The Clones whose fate we never witnessed in Revenge of the Sith.  There was an Order 66 scene featuring Barriss in the comic adaptation of ROTS, but not the film.

I also really liked that smaller gunship.  It was almost like a cross between a Republic Gunship and a TIE Interceptor, but with the cockpit of the Virago.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:55 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2013, 12:56 PM »
More great stuff we'll never see in toy form (animated or otherwise):

Coruscant Police
Fugitive Ahsoka
Drunk Gotal
Republic Police Gunship
Bounty Hunter Ventress
Mystery Attacker
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2013, 09:58 PM »
If you want confirmation of the traitor in the Season 5 finale, watch until the end of this teaser from Teletoon.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2013, 10:28 PM »
LOL, yeah, I have always thought one of the weakest parts of this show is they have improbable pwnage by various people at various times that is just not realistic. (like Cad Bane always clowning the jedi) For sure you can add Barriss toasting Asajj to that list.

Must be the lingering effects of the brain worms?

The toy fodder is just a cruel tease at this point. Those TIE Gunship hybrids were insanely cool. The police droids and armored Ventress were pretty damn sweet as well. So, so much good stuff left on the table with this line, ugh.

Once again Tarkin comes off like a jackhole. What evidence dude? Seriously, produce the security tapes of her murdering those clones or STFU already.

This episode did kinda make me want to play that 1313 video game or whatever though. Pretty cool Megacity/Blade Runner type stuff going on there...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2013, 02:27 AM »
I think Tarkin's angle is largely that they're a wholely separate entity, and they don't have to provide the Jedi Council with ANYTHING they don't wish to.  THey're the authority on this matter and the Jedi are ultimately powerless over it.  He can say they have proof and they can take her into custody...  It's one of the only things that actually, to me, really stands out as cool in this arc, as another facet of the Empire blossoming sort of.

The gunships...  I hate them.  I don't care for the random speeders either though.  Like the Jedi have the weird one the show designed, but then there's that little one Obi's in, in ROTS too.  It's odd all these designs, so the new weird gunship maybe fits in with the old gunship, I just think it's redundant and unnecessary...  If they were making toys it'd make more sense.

I like the hype around 1313 with this episode even though the game's not had a major update in a while even.  I enjoy seeing this cavernous "core" with other levels of the planet though, in the show and any other way they want to show them.  Coruscant's fascinating like that.

One of the biggest flaws the show will ever have though, to me, is the inability for them to use major baddies in good ways.  Grievous killed Vebb but did very little else.  Tartakovsky set Grievous up so much better...  Lucas then proceded to destroy any actual power that character wielded.

Likewise, too much Dooku meeting the enemy when he should have all the minions the EU provided, doing that dirty work.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2013, 04:56 AM »
If you want confirmation of the traitor in the Season 5 finale, watch until the end of this teaser from Teletoon.

I scoffed watching that teaser.

Even having Anakin have an actual duel with that person goes back to the whole argument that it's stupid that Ahsoka can take on Grievous, Barriss can take on Asajj, Cad Bane can take the Jedi... etc.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2013, 12:56 PM »
I can't even tell who it is.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2013, 01:40 PM »
It's Quinlan Vos.  :P

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Jocasta Nu. One too many "sshhh" ignored.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 1, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Loving Tim "Dr Frank N Furter" Curry as the Emperor...that is some casting genius right there. Seems like a waste to use him for just one episode though.

Right, Lucasfilm? RIGHT?!?!

I've never heard of a show getting canceled AFTER they had already started shooting the next season. Please don't be the first!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 1, 2013, 01:32 PM »
That's a little strange. Sucks that Ian Abercrombie died before they finished the season.  :(

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 2, 2013, 12:10 AM »
I will want to resume all spoilers

Tarkin demanded death penalty from beginning

Palpatine looks serious but cold, nobody suspects of him, coz he lets Tarkin speaks the prosecution, while Padme speaks the defense.

Jedi don´t show support to Ashoka.... this demonstrates at this point for them is more important to keep their relationship with the Senate.

Anakin doesn´t speak in the trial of the senate, only in the jedi council.... TCW mantains him as a man of action rather than a negotiator or a lawyer, in ultimate case,  this role is up to his wife Padme Amidala.

As the most outstanding Jedi are capable of love (Anakin loves his wife and has appreciation for his padawan, Obi Wan loved in a courtoise way Satine, without material cosumption of Eros), the Sith are presented the most tanatical as possible.

I think one of the reasons for Maul to kill Satine Kryze was his incapability for Eros, let me explain.

Maul lost his lower section: pelvis and legs, he wont be capable to reproduce, maybe he is able to eliminate natural wastes from a dispositive like a manhole. Maul won´t be able for pleasure never.

So Maul, from a certain point of view was jealous of the love which was opening a door for Obi Wan, he envied what made his Nemesis complete while made him look more mutilated in contrast.

I think we could recall that Sidious didn´t have a lover, and that could be coherent, because he is no tied to familiy, children, he never exposes weakneses to his foes neither to his allies (who could be tempted to betrail him too).

But Love and pleasure is another motivation of Power, a natural need too. A king or an emperor would contemplate it in his life, because it would be so hard to be deprived permanently from those satisfactions.

« Last Edit: March 2, 2013, 12:14 AM by EpicGon »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #314 on: March 2, 2013, 10:49 AM »
I have hated the very thought that Anakin had a Padawn we never heard or knew about.  I never really cared at all for the character of Ahsoka ever...so, major plot holes and made up plot lines aside, this arc was amazing and today was really well done.  It shows the Jedi really don't know what they are doing.  The last scenes were amazing, the score the dialogue "I know". Season 5 was amazing top to bottom and I am really looking forward to Season 6!