Author Topic: So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?  (Read 12689 times)

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more on it being a "when" as opposed to an "if". There is just too much money to be made. Where LFL decides to go with it is the question.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I don't know.  Lucas is protective of Star Wars, I will say that.  I could see him taking a different direction with completely different characters.  I am thinking less and less that he'd tinker with the OT's characters beyond ROTJ though. 

Now something else?  Something that utilizes a new cast?  Clearly he's wide open to that idea...  Clone Wars is sort of proof of it.  His efforts for the live-action show are proof too.  I just dont' have faith Carrie Fisher or Mark Hammil will pull off their original characters well at this point, nor would I really care to see them try.  The Live-action show's premise had a lot of promise.  I would've rather seen that attempted.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Just watching a bit of ROTS tonight, and it makes me realize that I really miss Star Wars (new) in the theaters.  The prequels might not be to the level of the OT, but I still enjoyed each of them and sort of miss looking forward to that.  I've been watching a lot of trailers, etc. for upcoming movies I've been excited for this year (Spidey, Avengers, Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, etc.), and it just makes me remember how we were gathering up every bit of info, picture, clips, etc. of the prequels as they were coming out.  I really miss that.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
That was possibily more fun then actually watching the movies.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours