Author Topic: Star Wars 1313  (Read 34418 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars 1313
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:32 PM »
But that was due to the era too.  ;)

FC today, on today's machines, would be far more complex/diverse in troop number and type...  Back then it stretched machiens to their limits, one of its biggest downfalls by many accounts.  I know I got a card just to play it at the time.  Worked great with my older games too of course though.  Suddenly nothing got choppy on XW: Alliance or Jedi Knight, that was for sure, haha.

I think for a FPS to survive today, it really REALLY has to amaze the fans...  graphically, gameplay, SP story, MP play...

For SP, by most accounts, Bioshock is a great basis...  MP you look at the COD's and HALO's.  HALO's maybe one of the better rounded series, and a SW HALO clone (maybe sans "super armor") would be pretty hot I think, if it was executed well across all areas from the controls, to the graphics, to scale/scope, and all that stuff.

Star Wars has let me down steadily though, since the 90's when they really innovated on a format.  Now they just replicate at best, and sometimes it's pretty bad what they come up with.

Not to say good games haven't come out, but nothing captured me like X-Wing, or TIE Fighter, or Dark Forces.  TFU was ok, but not great.  Republic Commando was fun, but not amazing.  Just fun.  Bounty Hunter had great story, and some of the levels were really impressively designed, but the controls sucked and hurt the experience.  Rogue Squadron showed that flight games on consoles will forever lick the taint of sims on PC till they figure out how to bridge that gap.

KOTOR is the only truly immersive experience, and that was largely done outside of LA.  :(

Sad when Lego Star Wars is the most SW gaming fun I've had in recent years...  TOR aside I suppose, though I've drifted from it some due to life.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 1, 2012, 02:15 AM »
So it's officially announced...

Star Wars: 1313 is the new game.

Some details:

-Takes place on Coruscant

-Bounty Hunter-centric, focuses on the seedy side of Star Wars (hmmm, sure sounds like the rumors about the live-action TV show huh?)

-Seems, by images, to take place during the Empire era, or at least post-ROTS...  Imp Shuttles, TIE
Fighters.

-1313 refers to the location on Coruscant that it takes place at.  1313 levels from the planet's core.

-3rd Person Perspective...  Very similar to the Gamecube game "Bounty Hunter".  :)  A very underrated game.

-Gameplay revealed Monday at 10PM.

-If you missed the premiere on TV, check it out here: - Clicky to check it out.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 02:16 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: June 1, 2012, 02:47 AM »
Looks promising... I look forward to more in game footage next week. Figures anyone?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 1, 2012, 07:38 AM »
I'm looking forward to the game play footage, but to me, the story is far more important. While I know some folks didn't like Bounty Hunter, TFU or TFU2 - for me, those games were great because of the story that went along with the game.

Weird that they didn't make any mention of whether or not this was a PC or console game - I guess it's gonna be both.

And as for figures - yeah - with how big of a deal they're making about this, I'm sure the folks at Lucasfilm are already talking with the team at Hasbro about cross-product support for this launch. (even though that backfired with the first Force Unleashed game)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2012, 12:57 PM »
So Star Wars 1313 is just another lame ass video game. I guess they will market it like the Force Unleashed and Shadows of the Empire before. Sorry George but another game just doesn't cut it. We need something more real.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 1, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Bounty Hunter was really outstanding...  It got good reviews, and this honestly is almost like a sequal when you think about it.  Same basic premise in gameplay, even similar style (3rd person), similar characters being bounty hunter and all...

To me, story drives a game, but gameplay has to match it...  I can usually handle some flaws in a game, but too many and even a good story will become secondary at some point if the game's too annoying to play.

I really didn't hate TFU, but it never drew me in...  I thought it was only a so-so game, and was pretty with an ok storyline.  I'm hoping 1313 is far better in terms of story, and I hope they take the basic idea they had in Bounty Hunter and kick that gameplay up a notch.

This has awesome potential I think, but I feel that way about all LA games, and LA's not always trustworthy anymore.  I'm watching with some skepticism, but a little hope/anticipation too.

And ultimately if the figures are cool, and you know they're coming, I'm always appreciative of that. ;D  I loved TFU's figures.  I thought they were among some of the best of their era.  The last set was a little flat, but things like nudie Shaak Ti, the big Rancor and Felucian Warrior, and all that type of stuff were great.  Plus female Impy Officers are nice to have.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 1, 2012, 02:44 PM »
1313. Order 66.

What other scary sounding numbers are left?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 1, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Well there is always JediMac's address.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2012, 12:44 AM »
66 is only a scary # if you're a goalie.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 4, 2012, 11:40 PM »
In-Game footage was shown tonight on Gametrailers on Spike...

Clicky, and scroll forward to 11:09:00 for it, as it's towards the end of the day's coverage.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2012, 09:24 AM »
It does look very good. I wonder how the story will be. Rated M huh? Does that mean we get nudity?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2012, 01:04 PM »
It does look very good. I wonder how the story will be. Rated M huh? Does that mean we get nudity?

Nah, better dialogue.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 5, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I'd think there might be racy stuff but I'm pretty positive nudity wouldn't be among it.  Close to it perhaps, but that's already in a lot of SW games anyway.  And figures.  And anything to get nerds worked up I guess. ;D

I'm looking forward to this, I just hope it isn't all hype and stuff.  There has to be a good story, good gameplay... It's got a lot of balancing it needs to do.  TFU was hyped immensely, and I felt that game never lived up to its hype.  It was fun enough once through, but it wasn't a game that I went back to.  I didn't find the environments particularly fascinating or anything.  I got far more enjoyment out of exploring Jedi Knight, or Mysteries of the Sith, or Dark Forces, or Force Commander, or Bounty Hunter, and so on and so forth.

I'm hoping the worlds are left pretty wide open so you actually can explore a little, immerse yourself in the game, and enjoy the environment you're in.

BH had such a cool side-bounty thing in it too.  I'd dig seeing that back in this.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: June 6, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Visually, it definitely is pushing the envelope of what's out there.  PC gamers are going to need a high end machine for this, but Lucasarts in the past was great at pushing the bounds of technology.

It's really going to boil down to story.  This definitely has potential, but we are going to need the Lucasarrts of old for this!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 6, 2012, 09:37 AM »
I guess if this is well received it will give them a reason for pulling the trigger on the tv show. This could be an early pilot for the show.