Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Star Wars 1313

<< < (9/12) > >>

Jesse James:
I think people are jumping the gun...

The "It was gonna be Boba Fett" stuff is way more recent...  There's more to that they're not saying.  That rumor didn't come out of thin air, but I think a lot of it is being spun and/or assumed.

Master_Phruby:
There is no way Disney is going to release a rated M Star Wars game. Disney wants the franchise aimed at kids and they don't want something this dark and edgy messing up the IP.

Jayson:
Speaking of 1313, i'm reading the Brian Wood series "Star Wars" and in issue #4, level 1313 is alluded to and Han and Chewie are flying the Falcon down into it. The issue even shows the Coruscant underworld police that were in the Clone Wars series

Matt:
I don't know if you oughta read this, Jesse:

IGN: Star Wars 1313: Boba Fett Concept Art and Story Details

--- Quote ---Recently, a source showed IGN a 15 minute demo of 1313 that would have debuted at this year's E3. While footage in the demo was still in development and much of it was still using incomplete assets, it was the most extensive look at 1313 we've ever seen, and all of it included Boba Fett in action.

We canít show you that full demo just yet, but we can tell you how it played out and what the game was about, plus reveal new pieces of concept art that give us the best glimpse yet at how Star Wars 1313 evolved before its cancellation.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---[*]Star Wars 1313 would have begun with a prologue on Tattooine. Various bounty hunters seen in the game would have worked for different crime bosses, and Boba Fett unsurprisingly served Jabba the Hutt. Here we see a young Fett very early in the game, long before he even has his Mandalorian armor, instead wearing only his most basic outfit.
    [*]Since Star Wars 1313 was meant to take place between the prequel and original Star Wars trilogies, Fettís armor would have evolved throughout the story, changing and becoming stronger, more familiar, as he progressed.
    [*]Coruscant was meticulously detailed, with structures seen here made up of derelict ships and spare parts (including TIE Fighter wings if you look closely). Itís not hard to make out a Corellian freighter here (though our source assured us it isnít the Millennium Falcon), and you can see the gigantic scale of the environments the development team intended.
    [*]Our source explained that at one point in the story, Fett would also end up in layer 1314. While 1313 is a corrupt metropolis controlled by crime families, 1314 is a rarely-explored slum that has been shrouded for years in complete darkness. Part of the story of Star Wars 1313 would have seen Fett fighting his way through layer 1314 in search of his bounty.
    [*]The main thrust of our demo saw Boba Fett chasing a Trandoshan through a sprawling marketplace in level 1313. As Fett chased after his target, he ran through several storefronts, including a sort of butcher shop that featured sliced-open Tauntauns hanging from the rafters. The crime families of 1313 were using these Tauntauns to smuggle spice to other planets, a plot point that our source tells us would have been central to Star Wars 1313ís story.
    [*]Behind Fett is a droid companion that would have fought alongside him as his partner. Weíre told that this droid would eventually have betrayed Fett, but that early in the game they fought side-by-side.[/list]
--- End quote ---

(click to view full-size)

Jesse James:
They put out a poll on it...  I'm bummed this game is cancelled honestly.  It looked promising...  I don't care for Fett replacing the nameless guy tho but it's my understanding it was basically just minor changes to the games engine to get it to a Fett game...  I liked the story the article was laying out there though.  I'd have definitely given it a chance.  It'd really just have been Bounty Hunter 2 and you know I wouldn't turn my nose up at that.

Everyone has a solid right to be skeptical of any Star Wars game tho.  I'd have given this a chance either way but not now for whatever reason...  Lame.

Thanks for sharing that.  It's a lot of cool to me but I've already gotten. Over not getting my Fett sequal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version