Author Topic: K-Mart Exclusive Vintage ROTJ AT-ST  (Read 37770 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Exclusive Vintage ROTJ AT-ST
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Would have been nice to re-release those lovely logs if that's the route they're trying to go   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Yep, the legs are on the wrong side of the body and the head is turned backwards. It makes it look like it's trying to poop out an Ewok.

That might explain the brown stains on its feet.    :-X

Ewww!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I'm just hoping that the rumored multi-pack of Chewbacca with the Ewok hijackers will finally come out in conjunction with this release.  Add in an AT-ST Driver basic figure release and this version of the AT-ST would make a whole lot more sense.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 12:41 PM »
I'm just hoping that the rumored multi-pack of Chewbacca with the Ewok hijackers will finally come out in conjunction with this release.  Add in an AT-ST Driver basic figure release and this version of the AT-ST would make a whole lot more sense.

That would involve retail planning so don't bet on it.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 12:53 PM »
I know.  Distribution has been such a mess for the past year+ that it's wishful thinking.  But if they make the AT-ST hijackers an exclusive (Target, please!), then it could be a more feasible possibility.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Speaking of which - that AT-ST driver that was in the Assault on Hoth Battlepack - why couldn't he have been put on a Vintage card this year to accomplish three things:

1) Keep the costs of a wave down by re-releasing an existing figure
2) Make him available for army-building
3) Get him out there for the Endor-themed re-release of the AT-ST

Sometimes it becomes so painfully obvious that they have NO IDEA what they're doing running this line.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Speaking of which - that AT-ST driver that was in the Assault on Hoth Battlepack - why couldn't he have been put on a Vintage card this year to accomplish three things:

1) Keep the costs of a wave down by re-releasing an existing figure
2) Make him available for army-building
3) Get him out there for the Endor-themed re-release of the AT-ST

Sometimes it becomes so painfully obvious that they have NO IDEA what they're doing running this line.

Thanks for the suggestion Pete! The AT-ST Driver is a great figure. We are continuously working with our retail partners to design case assortment that meet certain army builder to main character ratios while balancing getting merchandise to the stores to meet collector demand.

We are currently working on our product line-up for 2013 so we will look into how we can get this requested figure back into the mix. Stay tuned.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:36 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Jayson - if you were running the brand - I don't think we'd even need to be having half the discussions on this board that we're having now... LOL
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 04:12 PM »
*bump* for official Hasbro confirmation @ SDCC.

With the two 2-packs coming, I'm definitely buying this one and already planning a nice "Endor Battle" set-up in my SW room...  I'll have to dig my 30AC logs out of the storage box to put out with it.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I want this, I've never had an AT-ST, not even as a kid.

I also need an AT-AT.

So glad this AT-ST is an exclusive to a store in my area, the 2 Packs as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:17 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 04:43 PM »
I'll have to dig my 30AC logs out of the storage box to put out with it.  :)

What rolls down stairs
alone or in pairs,
and over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

Sorry...I had to get that out of my system.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 04:58 PM »
It'd be nice if those two packs each included a log.

I suppose you can make your own, though. (Not gonna make the joke I was gonna make...)

I was wondering if those packs were based on the obscure ROTJ sets with the speeder bike, imperials and ewoks....and they are...but with less stuff.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 12:13 AM »
This and the Ewoks pack were two of the brightest things out of SDCC.  I still have a KMart within driving distance but I hope these make it out before that changes...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 6, 2012, 09:15 PM »
Yakface.com is reporting this has been found...

While there's a grumble by their finder on the vehicle's paintjob, I have to say I think the feet are pretty muddy in the movie, and I thought the battle damage looked good...  perfect?  Or model-like quality like 1:18 military stuff I've got?  No, but Hasbro never knocked out insanely great decoes...  I like that they got the nose plate blast mark, and some weathering.

The feet might be a little overly muddy but they're a bit muddier than I think people are remembering.

Then again I'm sure if this was the other way around we'd have anger that it's not muddy or blasted enough or something.

I'm just glad a vehicle they put out has a significant deco change since I have a small army of the WM one and 1 Hoth Attack one, and this one at least will stand out significantly, and it's a clear movie-specific deco. 

Personally, I applaud Hasbro for putting the effort in at all, especially when they mentioned specifically in our SDCC Q&A how expensive decoes are and why they're not doing the weathering as much as they used to.  :-\  I suppose the more intricate it gets, the more pricey it can get as well.  Maybe I'm just too easy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 6, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Maybe I'm just too easy.

And maybe I'm just too hard on Hasbro on this. 

What bothers me is the "head" has what looks like a really, really good paint scheme that puts some depth into the sculpt, and almost looks like a matte finish... looks like top quality!

But the body and legs seem to be completely void of paint.  It looks like they just skipped that altogether... then the feet have a lot of brown paint... seems to be a little overkill to me... and it makes the foot the joint really looks too clean then.

I know it's just a toy, but I think they got a little zealous on the mud paint, and should have put less into that and a little more into weathering the legs/body.  I can't complain too much I guess, because I have a few of the Wal-Mart version and am pretty happy with those.