Community > Watto's Junk Yard

2012 DVD/BD Thread

<< < (4/6) > >>

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Diddly on October  9, 2012, 11:38 AM ---ET hits Blu-Ray today. Can somebody explain why Spielberg digitally edited the walkie talkies into shotguns? Changing my childhood

:-*

--- End quote ---

Obi-Wan on shotguns: This is the weapon of a Government Agent. Not as clumsy or as random as a walkie talkie, but a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Brian:
Picked up E.T. on BD today, which if I'm remembering correctly completes my list of "favorite movies of mine that we already own on DVD, but I want on Blu Ray anyway".  My wife doesn't understand why I re-buy these things, but there's just something about having the favorites on BD.  With SW, Indy, and now E.T. hitting in the last couple years, that pretty much finished up the list for me I believe.

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Diddly on October  9, 2012, 11:38 AM ---ET hits Blu-Ray today. Can somebody explain why Spielberg digitally edited the walkie talkies into shotguns? Changing my childhood

--- End quote ---

So he can re-release Special Edition version in a few years with the "original" cut?  ;)

I would have preferred the edited out the "p---- breath" line, that is way more damaging to my young daughters' psyches....

Phrubruh:

--- End quote ---

I could have sworn Spielberg removed the digital walkie talkies recently. I believe the bluray has the shotguns.

However, Elliott now says p__ breath six more times in the movie.

Qui-Gon Jim:
SS has recanted on making changes to his films.  He now feels that once they are out there, that's it.  That said, is there a definitive BD collection with all cuts of the film?  Does this set port over the extras?  Have they FINALLY presented the cut scenes, in their entirety, and not as part of a documentary?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version