Author Topic: 2012 DVD/BD Thread  (Read 8943 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:13 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:27 PM »
E.T. coming this year as well (October):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/et-the-extra-terrestrial-phones-blu-ray

That must explain why I saw new ET toys at TRU last week....er maybe not.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28 PM »
So, who's picking up Avengers today/this week?  I grabbed it at Target this morning, which although the price tags said $24.99, the 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy pack actually rang up at $19.99 - if anyone is interested.  We don't have a 3D TV, but I'd like to a have a digital copy and at that price I can't complain.  Plus, you get the soundtrack too (digital) if you're interested and an exclusive (Target) disc - "Building a Cinematic Universe".  I've read that WM has the Avengers: Season One graphic novel as their exclusive.  Can't wait to watch this one again.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I picked up the Collector's Set at Best Buy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Picked up Kick-Ass for $3 at Big Lots...been awhile since I bought a movie.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Has anyone watched the Target bonus disc for Avengers yet?  Pretty good, and legitimately 90 mins long.  Cool retrospective of the whole series, and it was cool seeing the ComiCon reactions.  It really is amazing that they were able to pull this off, five lead-up films and not a bomb amongst them.

One of my favorite parts of all the extras is they allusions they make to Chris Evan's former Marvel role without ever specifically saying it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Has anyone watched the Target bonus disc for Avengers yet?  Pretty good, and legitimately 90 mins long.  Cool retrospective of the whole series, and it was cool seeing the ComiCon reactions.  It really is amazing that they were able to pull this off, five lead-up films and not a bomb amongst them.

One of my favorite parts of all the extras is they allusions they make to Chris Evan's former Marvel role without ever specifically saying it.

I managed to hit Target on Saturday and pick up the bonus disc, but have not gotten around to viewing it yet.  Good to hear that it was worth getting.  I still can't believe they had a $19.999 new release for one of the best selling movies of all time, including the Blue Ray, the DVD, and a 90 minute bonus video.  And if you used your red card it was only $19.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2012, 07:55 PM »

I managed to hit Target on Saturday and pick up the bonus disc, but have not gotten around to viewing it yet.  Good to hear that it was worth getting.  I still can't believe they had a $19.999 new release for one of the best selling movies of all time, including the Blue Ray, the DVD, and a 90 minute bonus video.  And if you used your red card it was only $19.   :o

I got the four (five) disc version for $19.99.  This includes the BD and DVD as well as the 3D BD and digital copies of the movie and soundtrack (disc 5 was the Target disc).

That all said, this thing has "extended edition" written all over it.  The extras are fairly anemic, or at least the seemed so to me.  Very little production stuff.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2012, 10:21 PM »
Crap - didn't realize there was a 4 disc set at that price.  Is the sale over now?  I should stop by Target tomorrow and see if I can do an exchange.  I don't need the 3d Version - what do you use the Digital version for?  Is that the same disc that has the soundtrack? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Crap - didn't realize there was a 4 disc set at that price.  Is the sale over now?

Yep, it was a pricing snafu at Target and was only good last week...

So, who's picking up Avengers today/this week?  I grabbed it at Target this morning, which although the price tags said $24.99, the 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy pack actually rang up at $19.99 - if anyone is interested.  We don't have a 3D TV, but I'd like to a have a digital copy and at that price I can't complain.  Plus, you get the soundtrack too (digital) if you're interested and an exclusive (Target) disc - "Building a Cinematic Universe". 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 2, 2012, 07:32 AM »
I was at Target on Sunday and the BR/DVD combo set was 22.99. The 3D/Digital Copy set was $29.99 I believe, but they didn't have any copies left.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 2, 2012, 07:42 AM »
what do you use the Digital version for?

You can put the digital version on an iPod or similar device to watch on.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 9, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Prometheus will be mine today.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 9, 2012, 11:38 AM »
ET hits Blu-Ray today. Can somebody explain why Spielberg digitally edited the walkie talkies into shotguns? Changing my childhood

:-*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks