Author Topic: 2012 DVD/BD Thread  (Read 8952 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 9, 2012, 12:01 PM »
ET hits Blu-Ray today. Can somebody explain why Spielberg digitally edited the walkie talkies into shotguns? Changing my childhood

:-*

Obi-Wan on shotguns: This is the weapon of a Government Agent. Not as clumsy or as random as a walkie talkie, but a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Picked up E.T. on BD today, which if I'm remembering correctly completes my list of "favorite movies of mine that we already own on DVD, but I want on Blu Ray anyway".  My wife doesn't understand why I re-buy these things, but there's just something about having the favorites on BD.  With SW, Indy, and now E.T. hitting in the last couple years, that pretty much finished up the list for me I believe.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 9, 2012, 09:19 PM »
ET hits Blu-Ray today. Can somebody explain why Spielberg digitally edited the walkie talkies into shotguns? Changing my childhood

So he can re-release Special Edition version in a few years with the "original" cut?  ;)

I would have preferred the edited out the "p---- breath" line, that is way more damaging to my young daughters' psyches....
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 11:12 AM »

I could have sworn Spielberg removed the digital walkie talkies recently. I believe the bluray has the shotguns.

However, Elliott now says p__ breath six more times in the movie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 12:41 PM »
SS has recanted on making changes to his films.  He now feels that once they are out there, that's it.  That said, is there a definitive BD collection with all cuts of the film?  Does this set port over the extras?  Have they FINALLY presented the cut scenes, in their entirety, and not as part of a documentary?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 01:19 PM »

I could have sworn Spielberg removed the digital walkie talkies recently. I believe the bluray has the shotguns.

However, Elliott now says p__ breath six more times in the movie.

They did get rid of the Walkie Talkies, I was merely joking because the first time I saw ET was the 20th Anniversary Edition when I was 13. So I "grew up with walkie talkies"
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 8, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Heads up for any interested...  It looks like WalMart has Brave on BD for under $9 on BF...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Finally watched Cabin in the Woods this weekend courtesy of Red Box. I thought it was really entertaining. Loved the ending. Loved all the Dollhouse alums. Two thumbs way up!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 4, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Scored the Nolan Batman 3 pack today since I needed the other two on Blu-Ray. Best Buy has a bonus documentary with the 3 pack and their exclusive Steelbook case. Target had an exclusive holographic Bane case that came with a comic. Wal-Mart got no exclusives.

Best price was $18 at Target
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Finally took advantage of that $5 off Blu buyback program at Best Buy since I have most of collection out on display finally, but I ended up upgrading older DVD versions of other discs which was not my intention.

Hopefully on my next round or six I'll stick to new titles only that I don't have.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2013 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Picked up Skyfall today - anyone else?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:07 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Nope, but I did buy Heavy Metal on Blu-Ray for $10. What can I say? Good nyborg.

;D

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 05:16 AM »
Picked up Skyfall today - anyone else?

But of course!  That beautiful 50th anniversary boxset felt a tad incomplete without the biggest earner of the bunch.  The question is, will I have the cojones to put the Skyfall disc into the empty slot in the boxset, or will I leave it in it's regular BD case.  Hmmm...

Finally took advantage of that $5 off Blu buyback program at Best Buy since I have most of collection out on display finally, but I ended up upgrading older DVD versions of other discs which was not my intention.  Hopefully on my next round or six I'll stick to new titles only that I don't have.

I went a little overboard on BB's most recent U&S promotion, to the tune of 61 titles.  It's just too much fun watching the BD collection grow while the DVD collection shrinks.  It really helped to have access to their Express Lane this time, which is where I ordered more than half of them (all the $9.99 stuff that's on their website, but never in the stores).  Looking forward to the next go 'round in April!  Hasbro sure is losing a LOT of my regularly allotted Star Wars money to Blu-rays now...