Author Topic: Cases for carded figures?  (Read 5401 times)

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
Cases for carded figures?
« on: June 5, 2012, 03:11 AM »
Hi, I have a small collection of POTF2 figures, will eventually be 30 figures in all:

I'm interested in protecting each figure in their own case like these snap cases:
Or even making them out of acrylic like:

I know to buy acrylic cases like from toygrader.com is out of the question since they are like $10 each and my figures are worth less than $5 each lol. Anyone know where to buy sheets of Acrylic cheap?
OR
Anyone know where to buy a cases like in the 1st pic for cheap?

« Last Edit: June 6, 2012, 12:36 AM by MattCBR »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Cases for carded figures?
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Just buy from Protectopak.  They work great.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Thanks! that's basically what I'm looking for. Where is the cheapest place or site to buy them?

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2012, 06:33 AM »
Ideally it'd be cool to make something like this for each:

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 05:22 PM »
I'm getting ready to display one version of each card design created and was trying to figure out what sizes to buy.  Does anyone know of a guide that lists which "style" of case fits each card back?  I know there are "A", and "B", and "C", and so on styles.  Just trying to figure it all out and can't seem to match up the card backs with the cases.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36 PM »
I'm getting ready to display one version of each card design created and was trying to figure out what sizes to buy.  Does anyone know of a guide that lists which "style" of case fits each card back?  I know there are "A", and "B", and "C", and so on styles.  Just trying to figure it all out and can't seem to match up the card backs with the cases.

I'm not aware of a guide by series if that's what you're looking for.  I think I went with all C's for my cases just because the bubble size can differ even within a series.  For example, you'll almost always get a smaller bubble with Leia vs. the Gamorean Guard.  I wanted the option to mix and match figures, and I think they look better with the same depth in each anyway. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today