Author Topic: SDCC 2012  (Read 42519 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2012
« Reply #45 on: July 8, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Do you guys want to do a meet up for lunch? I'll be there thursday. We havn't done one in a long time and would be great to see everyone again.

Sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 9, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Yes on presentation...

Have we posted this in here yet?  Details on the brave souls who are willing to show up to the SDCC Presentation...  on Friday the 13th.  :P

Friday, July 13th , 11:00am-12:00pm
Hasbro: Star Wars—Hasbro's Derryl DePriest (VP, global brand marketing), Jeff Labovitz (director, global brand marketing), Michelino Paolino (senior director, product design), Brian Merten (senior manager, product design), Adam Pagano (senior art director), and Erik Arana (Star Wars product designer) discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will also get a sneak peek at upcoming, never before seen items. The panelists will also host some Q&A for your burning Star Wars action figure questions. Room 7AB
Tags:  Action Figures - Toys - Collectibles | Animation | Fandom | Kids | Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Television

And yes on the "ten-minute site 1-on-1s".  Those should be interesting.   ::)

So Are the 10 minute 1 on 1s for all sites or just the major ones.  I imagine JediDefender is one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: July 9, 2012, 11:56 AM »
We are, but we have to coordinate it with one of our friends attending the show due to none of the staff being able to make the trip and our usual suspect also not making the trip due to a recent move.

We're working on it, and we'll hopefully update soon on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 9, 2012, 12:45 PM »
It'll be good to know who's doing it... maybe we could get a list of questions to that person to present to Hasbro.  I know I've got one (which might be answered during the presentation) that determines whether I buy product now or wait.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 9, 2012, 02:06 PM »
There's only 10 minutes unfortunately...  We're putting together as much as we can, but that's not a ton of time of course, and we're figuring only a handful of questions will be available.  We're trying to make it worth it though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Any hopes I had for Hasbro attempting to redeem themselves at SDCC this year were dashed when I read this over at GH this morning:

"The focus for Star Wars this year appears to be Fighter Pods and not so much the traditional action figure line."

::)

Well, thanks for nothing. Is ANYONE buying those stupid things? I've never even seen a kid look twice at them on the aisle. I've heard plenty of parent comments though, like "They don't do anything" or "They're too small, they'll get lost" etc etc.

Watch the whole Hasbro slide show just be Fighter Pods...the audience would burn that conference room to the ground. Well, hopefully...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Seriously? That's the focus? Those stupid fighter pods that are constantly clogging the space on the pegs and shelves?

Wow - they are REALLY out of touch.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Well, it's the focus of the Star Wars part of the SDCC press release at least...

STAR WARS

The Force is strong with Hasbro at Comic-Con International as the Company celebrates the recent launch of its popular STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS toy line, new action figures, the epic Course of the Force Lightsaber relay and more! To celebrate the highly collectible STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS line, visitors to the Hasbro booth will be able to pose in front of a unique display featuring DARTH VADER and CHEWBACCA statues in their ‘Micro Heroes, Mega Battles' FIGHTER PODS expression as well as a massive FIGHTER POD in the shape of a DEATH STAR filled with thousands of figures from the new line. Additionally, in what is becoming a Comic-Con tradition for Hasbro, fans of the traditional action figure lines will be able to step inside a ‘life-size' DARTH VADER RETURN OF THE JEDI blister card package and pose as their own action figure. Hasbro will be sampling STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS blind bags featuring one FIGHTER PODS figure and one "Pod" which will be distributed at various times throughout the show to fans while supplies last.

STAR WARS collectors will want to visit the Hasbro booth to get a sneak peak at current and upcoming toys in its MOVIE HEROES, CLONE WARS, VINTAGE, and FIGHTER PODS action figure lines. Fans won't want to miss these reveals as well as a look at the extensive line of STAR WARS vehicle toys and roleplay items to act out the intergalactic saga including ELECTRONIC MASKS, ULTIMATE FX LIGHTSABERS and more.

However, as STAR WARS fans know, the ULTIMATE FX LIGHTSABER can't be contained in the Hasbro booth alone. The ‘elegant weapon' will be featured in the Course of the Force, an Olympic-style Lightsaber relay presented by LucasFilm and Nerdist, taking place in the days leading up to Comic-Con, where participants will make a journey from Santa Monica to San Diego. Participants will hand off a custom Hasbro STAR WARS ULTMATE FX LIGHTSABER, the official Lightsaber of the Course of the Force, to the next runner as they begin their leg of the journey. Hasbro will welcome Ashley Eckstein voice of Ahsoka Tano in STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS and of the STAR WARS Course of the Force to its booth for an autograph session on Sunday, July 15 from 2:30-3:30pm in celebration of the epic Lightsaber relay where she will sign special Course of the Force photos for lucky fans. Tickets are required for participation and will be distributed in the Hasbro booth beginning at 9:00am on Sunday while supplies last.

I've highlighted the "action figure" parts - not much, eh?  And I'm sure the "extensive line of STAR WARS vehicle toys" probably means the MTT and maybe the rumored TRU exclusives (Slave I, AT-ST, Speederbike).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 12:46 PM »
extensive line of STAR WARS vehicle toys?  I thought those were done?  Those $25-$35 repacks have never moved as far as I can tell...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Is this the April 1st press release?

Fighter pods are cute for kids, but not for the price they offer.  It seems at toy fair that they were pushing the whole Fighter Pods line, so I guess it's too early for them to bail on the concept, I guess.  Maybe Hasbro is listening to the collectors and scaling back, offering a few choice selection of figures for the future?  Say 30-36 figures/year compared to the years where it was overwhelming.  Who knows.  Hopefully, we'll get some answers.

I can't wait to see the new stuff.  Just a few more days to wait!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:54 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Are you sure the "Star Wars Vehicle Toys" isn't that AMP'D crap that they showed off at Toy Fair?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 03:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is because Hasbro has C6 and NYCC on tap too...  Bear that in mind.  You can't blow your wad early like other years when C6 is around and you sort of HAVE to show cool stuff at it, and NYCC seems to be on their plate now.  At least I was assuming NYCC was on their plate again this year...  maybe not.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Curto's podcast had two big reveals at the end of it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is because Hasbro has C6 and NYCC on tap too...  Bear that in mind.  You can't blow your wad early like other years when C6 is around and you sort of HAVE to show cool stuff at it, and NYCC seems to be on their plate now.  At least I was assuming NYCC was on their plate again this year...  maybe not.

There is a NYCC but I heard they were skipping it.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24 PM »
FOr those who don't to listen to Curto's podcast his big reveal are two two packs, one with Widdle and Oochee and one with the AT-ST drivers who they jack the walker from