Author Topic: SDCC 2012  (Read 42496 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2012
« Reply #30 on: July 3, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Well, Hasbro DOES tend to learn from its own mistakes...

Oh wait, no they don't.

::)
« Last Edit: July 3, 2012, 11:44 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 3, 2012, 01:08 PM »
I have a feeling that, if at all possible, Hasbro has axed those on vinty cards... 

I'll be upset if that's the case since I avoided those so I could get them on the vinty cards since that was my preferred method of getting them.   :-\  But I totally get that.  I'm tired of finding all 12 TPM figures pegwarming.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 3, 2012, 03:41 PM »
man I dig TPM, and bought all the figures, multiples even and damn I cant even scratch a dent in this glut

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 3, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I'll be upset if that's the case since I avoided those so I could get them on the vinty cards since that was my preferred method of getting them.

Well, it looks like it's time for you to go out and pick up those DTF figures.   ;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 3, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Have them build a Walmart in NYC.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 3, 2012, 05:08 PM »

That's a WHOLE other discussion.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 3, 2012, 05:51 PM »

I just talked to Sam Walton...done, and DONE!

Let me know if you need some assistance.  I'd be glad to pick some up for you, but I only ship loose.  Sorry.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 5, 2012, 08:33 PM »
You know, if they do cancel these on the vinty cards, people are gonna be pissed that they will be missing some ##s in their TVCs... kind of like Salacious Crumb and the Mouse Droid from last year's exclusives.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 5, 2012, 11:51 PM »
"People are gonna be pissed" seems to be something you should plug into every topic regarding the Hasbro Star Wars line...  They're damned if they do and damned if they don't I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 7, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Do you guys want to do a meet up for lunch? I'll be there thursday. We havn't done one in a long time and would be great to see everyone again.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 7, 2012, 05:56 PM »
"People are gonna be pissed" seems to be something you should plug into every topic regarding the Hasbro Star Wars line...  They're damned if they do and damned if they don't I think.

I love the line itself.  It's all the other crap that comes with it.  High prices, bad distribution, no availability.  If I want the figures I have to buy a case.  Sorry, that's not always an option.  So, it is very frustrating.  It used to be I could find 95% of the line in stores with some diligent hunting to find some items.  Now I can't find 95% of the line and have to hunt all the time to see zilch.  It's just irritating.  It's been going on for a majority of the year.  In fact almost a full 12 months.  Of course it's really hit a snag since TPM figures were put out. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 7, 2012, 09:35 PM »

That's a WHOLE other discussion.

Should we start a new thread??  I did see most of the ones I wanted at a Walmart near my parents, but I'm going to hold off until I hear they are officially cancelled.  I do hope someone asks a Hasbro rep (whether they are going to put those TPM ones on Vinty cards) if they are going to SDCC.  I'd appreciate it.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 8, 2012, 01:08 AM »
So does Hasbro have a presentation or are they just doing the 10 minute one on ones with the major sites?  Or is it both?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 8, 2012, 01:51 AM »
Yes on presentation...

Have we posted this in here yet?  Details on the brave souls who are willing to show up to the SDCC Presentation...  on Friday the 13th.  :P

Friday, July 13th , 11:00am-12:00pm
Hasbro: Star Wars—Hasbro's Derryl DePriest (VP, global brand marketing), Jeff Labovitz (director, global brand marketing), Michelino Paolino (senior director, product design), Brian Merten (senior manager, product design), Adam Pagano (senior art director), and Erik Arana (Star Wars product designer) discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will also get a sneak peek at upcoming, never before seen items. The panelists will also host some Q&A for your burning Star Wars action figure questions. Room 7AB
Tags:  Action Figures - Toys - Collectibles | Animation | Fandom | Kids | Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Television

And yes on the "ten-minute site 1-on-1s".  Those should be interesting.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 8, 2012, 10:31 AM »
Has there been any official info on when stuff will go on sale at HTS?  Monday, Tuesday after the Con?