Author Topic: SDCC 2012  (Read 42602 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2012
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2012, 10:46 PM »
I wonder if the Jocasta figure was originally slated as a mail way before they canned the idea. It seems to fit like it was.

We'll probably never know, but I think it was likely the Celebration VI exclusive.  Packaging seems a little too nice and too many accessories to have been the mail away.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:15 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Too limited appeal for mail-away...remember they acted like Sgt. Brick didn't do well enough, kinda doubt they'd have promoted some old librarian to general audiences as a mail-in.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25 PM »
It screams Celebration exclusive to me.  What is amazing is they had all this time to get an exclusive for it and could not deliver on one.  It's very strange.  Yeah, there is no way it was going to Brian's Toys.  I would think Entertainment Earth would get it before Brian's Toys would.  Good score for them though. 

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Too limited appeal for mail-away...remember they acted like Sgt. Brick didn't do well enough, kinda doubt they'd have promoted some old librarian to general audiences as a mail-in.

It wasn't that long ago that we got Qui-Gon and Eopie as a mail away. I am sure that was more plastic than what we are getting for three times the price with Jocasta. And no matter what they are trying to say about Bric, they did have to produce more to fill all the orders.

I ordered a Jocasta, not because I am dying to have one, but because I like the possibility of having other figures that a portion of the collectors' world wants but the general public would never support.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2012, 08:51 AM »
I fogot about the Eopie.  Good call.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today