Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82283 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Are the Gorax and the Lorax related?

Distant cousins.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2012, 09:38 AM »
To bad a Gorax isn't in current media - I'd totally be ok with one as tall as the Sentinel they made for the Marvel line.

that's what I was thinking - still would be cool indeed.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2012, 10:31 AM »
I just saw on tru.com both of these sets are now on sale for $32 - but only the pilot pack is in stock

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14 PM »
I just saw on tru.com both of these sets are now on sale for $32 - but only the pilot pack is in stock

is that online only, or can you get retail stores to match?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2012, 12:55 PM »
Pretty sure TRU says no no to online price matching with their own website.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2012, 01:04 PM »
I found thought I heard Toys R Us now does do price matching - I am trying to find a legit source....

I did see this when I google searched and rebelscum did make a post about it:

Historically, Toys "R" Us have been one of the more expensive retailers in the US, although their selection, particularly in the last 6 - 12 months, has been better than that of both Target and Walmart. If you've been skipping Toys "R" Us because of price, you may want to think about stopping by on your next toy run, as they have today been sending out emails announcing that they are price matching everything, when taking a valid competitor's ad in to your local store.

be back with more if I find it....

update:  here is a link, but I am not sure if this only applies to Babies R Us or both:  http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

reading it again, it does say "R"Us stores - implying both stores imo...

It does say something in their about online matching
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:17 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I just went to Toys R Us and it is indeed part of their new price match policy and they did price match for me on their online store

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Well, I just got back from TRU and they confirmed that they do price match online sales at their website, but there is nothing out there on TRU.com that says anything about either of these packs being on sale for $32. I spent 20 minutes at the Guest Services desk confirming that.

If anyone has a link that shows otherwise, please LMK so I can get a price adjustment. I ended up buying one at full price but am not feeling great about it...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2012, 02:15 PM »
I believe it was a one day only sale on TRU.com.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I believe it was a one day only sale on TRU.com.

yeah, I guess it was a "one day cyber sale" type thing.  Nice to know that the store will do all of this price matching no though, isn't it?  TRU might become more of a shopping option now...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Well, I finally scored the Ewok set.  Whew.  Nice to have it crossed off my list.  I really, really like the set, with the gems being Kneesaa & Teebo.  The only one I don't care much for is Tippet.  With the Buy One, Get One 50% off, it only came out to $30 (having purchased the Pilot set for a collector friend).  I'm think I'm all set with furballs now so I might pass on the Kmart set when it comes out.  Still need Chief Chirpa though.         
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2012, 10:17 PM »
I asked them to price match the Ewok set with the online price, and the clerk looked something up and rang it up at $32.99, and then let me use a $5 off $25 coupon, which wasn't too bad of a deal. I want that new Porkins, but not bad enough to drop for that cruddy set.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Well, I finally scored the Ewok set.  Whew.  Nice to have it crossed off my list.  I really, really like the set, with the gems being Kneesaa & Teebo.  The only one I don't care much for is Tippet.  .         

Yeah, Tippet is the most boring of the lot. The photo on the box shows him with paint around his mouth area,  might have made him more interesting. I wish they all had newer style bodies, too. But...i'd be down for another set with Chukka whats-his-name, Imperial helmet drummer, a suicide bomber Ewok from that video game and whoever...toss in a  recolored Wokling (as accessory, not a fifth figure).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2014, 02:11 AM »
These are on clearance...  $20 a pop?  I'll take that.

Pilot bits and pieces...  I'll try and make two normal height, and neck, pilots out of the two they decided to make midgets with no necks.  I picked two up tonight.  Not many left though, shockingly.  Only 2 sets when I left actually.  They didn't have many of those Jedi sets from last year either which surprised me given how they sat for a while it seemed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77