Author Topic: 2012 TRU Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper  (Read 52031 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: TRU 2012 Speederbiker with Scout Trooper
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 09:04 AM »
That is a thing of beauty. I will definitely buy a bunch of them.

I don't mind it floating so high, there's something pretty cool about it. In the movie they seemed to range from high to low, rather than one, low altitude like Luke's Tattoine speeder.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39 AM »
This was a highlight of the show for me, a re-do a long time coming. Can't wait to start replacing my old ones and hope to see Hoth and Shadow re-paints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Definitely will buy a couple of these!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Very glad to see this at long last.  Especially with the clear stand!  That's a feature that the speeder bike was calling out for, and a feature that I've been hoping would be considered for any new Han Solo in the carbonite block.

I'm definitely hoping that Hasbro will put this new tool to good use.  And from my standpoint, I'd be happy to see the Speeder bike re-offered with Luke & Leia in their Endor gear.  Of course, that's with the provision that both figures have appropriate articulation so that they can get on the Speeder bike.  And a Paploo with Speeder bike would be cool, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34 AM »
This is definitely awesome.  There is an opportunity for Hasbro, or even customizers, to make a clear stand for the bike while it is "parked", a couple feet from the ground.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Can't really add to the discussion, but yeah, this thing is awesome, and something we should have gotten years ago. I want at least 4, and this is coming from a guy who rarely buys vehicles. I'd happily buy repacks with Ewoks, Luke and Leia.

Is it me or does the fact that it doesn't "explode" like the POTF2 version make it look more awesome?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:11 PM »
I like that, basically, everyone wants 4...  Myself included, if not 6.

This thing's going to be maybe the most popular exclusive in a long time.

I'm also excited for Leia/Luke renditions too...  Be nice if they ALSO came with a scout, ya know, just because they should and it wouldn't break the bank.  But I'll be happy if they redo Luke and Leia Endor so well that they too can ride the bikes and look like the movie maquettes like that Scout does.  That thing's a work of art. 

The Snowspeeder was the last time I was this excited about a new vehicle I think.  Whoever all designed and sculpted this, they deserve a pat on the back from collectors.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38 PM »
The Snowspeeder was the last time I was this excited about a new vehicle I think.  Whoever all designed and sculpted this, they deserve a pat on the back from collectors.

I agree.  They get enough flak from us for distribution and other woes, so it's good that Hasbro gets some positive feedback.  I'm actually loving the Battle of Endor love they are giving us this year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Brian Merto is the guy who sculpted the new Speeder Bike. He also sculpted the new At-St.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Bet he did the snowspeeder too...  Just seems like he's got an eye for vehicle detail.  :)  Kind of guy I dig having on the Hasbro team.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56 PM »
I was listening to the SWAN Comic Con podcast today, and when discussing the speeder bike (and how awesome it is), they mentioned how they asked Hasbro if there were plans for Luke/Leia in the future - and although it sounded as if that could happen, they were also told that the designer (Brian Merto?) wants to redesign the ewok hands/wrists so that they could have a version with Paploo that would hold on while in the "flying" pose from ROTJ.  That would be pretty cool.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: September 6, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Sounds like these are out on the west coast...Colman probably already has 10 of them :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: September 6, 2012, 01:57 PM »
******' TRU.  >:(

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: September 6, 2012, 07:15 PM »
They're in Iowa too. Got mine today and it's FANTASTIC. The Scout is 100% new and has a nice little extra joint in the neck to give him some extra posebaility. The Bike is light years ahead of previous versions.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 6, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I went to check our TRU tonight after seeing that Darby found one (our stores seem to usually run similar to Iowa's), but no dice here - unless I totally missed them (which is possible).  I didn't see a "spot" for them though, as the SW section is pretty full (of older stuff).