Author Topic: 2012 TRU Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper  (Read 52017 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: TRU 2012 Speederbiker with Scout Trooper
« Reply #30 on: September 6, 2012, 09:05 PM »
These were hiding on the bottom shelf wedged in between other stuff - since the box is so small I almost missed them myself. Might not hurt to double check again. I may need to buy another myself for Luke!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #31 on: September 6, 2012, 11:58 PM »
And to think I drove all the way out there this morning to grab Thundercracker and didn't look around a little harder. *sigh*

Better head out there Friday morning and grab one.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 7, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Picked a pair up myself. A near perfect set.

As a purely nit-picking excersize, the Scout's hip joints are perfect, but the neck joint is not. The helmet rides a tad high. The bike's handle bars are a bit thick when viewed from the front, but it's an easy part to upgrade down the road. The paint app is a bit basic. However, the scale and other detailing is near perfect. I like the little landing gear attachment for non-stand use and while the canon accessory is, for lack of a better word - weak, I appreciate the effort and actually doesn't look too obnoxious attached under neath the bike.

Overall, I'd give this 9.5 out of 10. Nice piece of work and thank you Hasbro.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 7, 2012, 03:04 PM »
I got 2 myself. 

Possibly the last things I buy at retail the rest of the year, but my all time favorite Armored Trooper and a motorcycle that floats!

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 7, 2012, 03:59 PM »
And to think I drove all the way out there this morning to grab Thundercracker and didn't look around a little harder. *sigh*

How many did they have left?  I'm thinking about a trip up there to snag a couple.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Went back to TRU today and found four on the shelf (bought two).  Would have been nice if they had these yesterday for the 75% off the second, but oh well.  I was tempted to buy all four, but thought better of it for now.  Hope to get more later on though.  I got a chance to open one tonight, and it really is sweet.  One of my favorite items of the year, and the flying stand works great too.  Hopefully these are easy for everyone to find, because I think it is one of those items (even somewhat fairly priced) that many fans are going to want, OT fans in particular.  Hope we see Luke/Leia versions down the road (or even Paploo).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #36 on: September 8, 2012, 01:55 AM »

How many did they have left?  I'm thinking about a trip up there to snag a couple.

Corman

They're gone now. Amazing how fast those and the MP Thundercracker went.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: September 8, 2012, 02:06 AM »
Be nice if I can find this over the weekend...  I'm so busy time's tight for me to get out much, but I'm hoping to luck into what I want.

I'd like to, ultimately, end up with 4 of these...  This was the last "biggie" for me on my wishlists and the last thing I wanted multiples of from this year's collection.  I just hope I can find it since TRU's a bitch for me to get to most of the time.  I have like 4, but they're all an hour away, in different directions, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 8, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I picked one of these up today.  There were three there, and I was tempted to snag them all, but after tax they're almost $25 each, and that's pretty steep for this thing.  But it's pretty nice.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 8, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Saw 3, snagged 3, keeping 2.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 8, 2012, 11:31 PM »
This toy looks great! Great details, fun features, and an awesome figure... I can't wait to get a few sets. Hopefully TRU.com puts these up soon, because as much as I'd love to drive over to TRU to look I can't afford the disappointment and wasted gas.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Call your store first with the sku "790655" that should save you a ton of time.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 9, 2012, 02:59 AM »
Came across a bunch of these yesterday at TRU and grabbed 3 of them.  After years with the other version, this one feels kinda small, but I guess it's more accurately scaled so that's cool.  It'll just take a little getting used to.  I have to say that I much preferred the weathering on the prior version over this one.  It looks like the new one has been blasted from front to back with a silver paint gun.  Other than that, the added stand(s) and cannon are a nice touch.  Some of the "in-action" pix around the web look particularly cool when the speeder's in flight mode and the clear stand is just out of the frame.  I would've loved an additional clear stand (instead of the cannon, perhaps) that held TWO speeders, so you could stick 2 Scouts and/or Luke & Leia right next to eachother.  I guess I can do it the hard way though.
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 9, 2012, 02:54 PM »
got 2 of these today - buy one get one half off!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2012, 03:08 PM »
So I opened it today...  Some thoughts:

-Scale's PERFECT.  This is the bike I waited all these years for.  One of my holy grails is complete, and this is it.  I love how tiny the bike is, and that THIS actually COULD be easily transported around in other vehicles unlike the hulking other bike.  Kinda opens up space in things like the Gunship or AT-AT.

-To those that say the double-jointed neck is useless, I disagree...  I've been messing with the figure's head poses, and I find it quite useful.  It's slight, but that slight additional movement adds a lot of realism.  Totally appreciated.

-Paint Aps on the figs for me have been ok...  Bummer you got a crummy one Jayson. :(

-The Handlebars are a little warped so I'm gonna heat/freeze them...  They're fine to me ultimately though.

-2 pistols?  Thanks!

-Not a fan of the tripod gun and would've preferred a better paint ap and dropping the gun...  That said, the gun is kind of acool accessory on its own, I just think it's rather pointless and I'd have just rather seen a slightly better paintjob...  Paintjob quality is a sign of the times, and that sucks, but it's ok...  just not "great".  I can fix it I guess.

-Seconded on wishing you could add a second, lower riding, Scout to the stand...  I like that they did the stand though, especially since I asked for this specifically quite some years ago. :) 

-Would've actually liked a 2nd stand over the tripod gun that sets the bike low to the ground for a Scout resting on it, or standing near it, without requiring that goofy kickstand thing for the nose.   :-\  I'm going to do these myself anyway, just would've preferred a Hasbro one.

-Opening engine cowl is insane...  Why Hasbro does these little completely unnecessary, but appreciated, details, is beyond me.  It's like the engines on the Cloud Car...  Why?  I don't know why, but I like it.  I totally intend on doing a little scene with a tech fixing one of these now. :)

-Thing's like a mini-prop to me.  Really a nice piece of work...  Right up there, immediately to me, with the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, AT-ST, Yavin Sled, etc.  This is how OT vehicles NEED to be I think.  This is what collectors gravitate to.

-I would DEFINITELY buy:
    -Black "Shadow Scout" repaint
    -White "Hoth Scout" Repaint with a slightly better Hoth Scout Trooper please
    -Desert "Sandtrooper Scout" Repaint (I'd dig it even if it's never been seen)
    -Stass Allie & Republic Red so she can die properly now.
    -Republic Cavalry Lancer (Tartakovsky)
    -Rebel Biker Scout (West End Games...  It had a miniature actually)

This bike can be resold to me for years to come...  happily.