Author Topic: 2012 TRU Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper  (Read 52033 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: TRU 2012 Speederbiker with Scout Trooper
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2012, 06:20 PM »
no luck here, no speeder bikes for 2 weeks now, I guess I will buy the pilots with my BOGO 75% coupon

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2012, 06:53 PM »
I've seen no speeder bikes or pilots or ewoks. TRU doesn't carry star wars anymore.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 10:47 PM »
TRU doesn't carry star wars anymore.

It certainly seems that way over here, too.

I resorted to just ordering the darn thing online from their website.  It's expected to arrive next week. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2012, 12:16 AM »
Same here.  I tried a brick & mortar store today and asked up front when I found they were out of stock.  The first place she looked was on their website...guess that is the way to go these days.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Once you open one, you might just keep all four. What's better than one, awesome speeder bike? Four of them.

Plus, the trooper is highly articulated, so there's so many options for posing him. This was really a home run by Hasbro. The only downside was the exclusivity. I hope they repack it for a while.

Agreed...  other than the bike not having a little black for burn marks, and the trooper having the pins the wrong color on some of his joints, this thing's perfect.  It's everything I hoped for since, well, I started modern collecting again. :)

Plus I'm still taking full credit for that "floaty stand". :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I'd be pissed if I paid full price and no floaty stand.  I love floaty stand.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Floaty stand made it.  Floaty stand should be standard for speederbikes IMO.  A smaller one that mounts underneath would be appreciated though, for other bikes.

Anyone interested now in repaints of this?  Hoth?  Republic "Lancer" Clones?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2012, 06:21 PM »
I'd be happy with ROTS version with a Stass Allie, but other than that, keep issuing Endor versions with Luke, Leia and Paploo pack-ins. I couldn't care less for a Hoth or Shadow version. Oh, and give me at least one in a vintage box.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Has anybody tried seeing what other figures work on the new bike? Pesonally I've only tried the VC23 Luke from 2010. He fits great but looks awkward due to the lack of ball-jointed torso. Haven't tried the VTSC Leia due to the lack of ball-jointed hips.

I don't know what other figures used that kind of Speeder Bike in the movies/cartoons. Maybe the Legacy Clone Armor Obi-Wan would work, but again I think only figures with ball-jointed hips AND torsos will "work" properly.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Like Jayson mentioned, Stass Allie is really the only film-person other than the Endor chase where Luke, Leia, Paploo and Scouts used it...

I'd be down for a white Hoth one though, for sure.  Mostly because it's sort of become a popular EU thing.  I also really would like either CW2D Obi re-issued with Ball jointed hips so he too could ride one, or a Lancer Clone...  I really always felt like Durge needed something to go against.  His droids are cool too and have no bike, so not having a bike for those characters kind of feels like a glaring hole on a shelf when Durge is there on his, and looking quite badass.

I'm up for those...

Could care less for the obligatory black repaint dubbed "Shadow" whatever.

For that matter I could probably live without Paploo with a bike too...  Or part of a larger more appealing (financially) pack maybe.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #85 on: October 1, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Yeah, but those Lancer droids are just all kinds of awesome by themselves. I have four, and I always planned on building a little army of them...I'll have to get around to that someday. I like the old-style assassin droids a lot more than the battle droids. I wish we had seen either the lancers or (ultimate wish) a bunch of straight-up IG-88 droid in the prequels. They're just so much more menacing (not to mention Star Warsy) than the snoopy battle droids.

And don't start talking about that ridiculous EU story about IG-88 being one of 5 identical blah, blah, blah...that was hack writing to begin with.

And count me in for a hoth version of this speeder bike. I like the idea of some recon troops on Hoth. Has anyone tried the sandtrooper from the Dewback set with this thing? Seems like that could be very cool.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 1, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I like the old-style assassin droids a lot more than the battle droids. I wish we had seen either the lancers or (ultimate wish) a bunch of straight-up IG-88 droid in the prequels.

Couldn't agree with you more.  IG droids just look like they'll just tear you apart.  The battle droids look about as menacing as Robby the Robot.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: October 1, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Third it...  SBD's I think were a half-assed attempt to make BD's a little more deadly seeming, but they really were a poor design and a snub to an easy tie-in between OT and PT by making a droid very similar to IG-88 but not quite the same.

Lots of tie-in opportunities that weren't blatant slaps in the faces like Chewbacca helping Yoda escape, were missed throughout the PT.  It seemed more like a race to see what they could draw on the computer next that was completely new.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 1, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I wish we had seen either the lancers or (ultimate wish) a bunch of straight-up IG-88 droid in the prequels.
by making a droid very similar to IG-88 but not quite the same.

Not the prequel movies, but they did finally get it right in the cartoon with the IG-86 droids...   
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender