Author Topic: The Hobbit -LEGO  (Read 34341 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit -LEGO
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Man I wish there was a cheaper way to get Smaug.  Those sets just aren't appealing really. The five armies kinda sucks to be honest.

Agreed - I grabbed the new Lake Town set and the Witch King Battle set - and the only thing cool out of all of these sets IMHO was the Witch King and Galadriel (sp?) mini-figures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Yeah those are the only ones kind of tempting me, and the Laketown one is really just an expansion of Laketown somewhat...  Not sure I'd want it.  The figures are meh.

Some army building sets would've been appreciated, ala Star Wars.  Less mains, more randoms.  Needed that for LOTR too.  Elves, Rohirim, Orcs, Uruk Hai, Goblins, Gondorians (Rangers and soldiers), prologue soldiers (humans, elves, Orcs), Dwarf soldiers, Trolls (Battle), etc.  The army building sets are always the most interesting to me in Star Wars too I guess.  Maybe it's just me, I just feel they've neglected the secondary people a bit in the line, unlike Star Wars.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 6, 2014, 08:17 PM »
While the double VIP points were still in effect I grabbed the final two Hobbit sets I needed - finally got a chance to put together Smaug last night - they did a great job on him - gonna finish the lonely Mountain Set tonight. The Battle of the Five Armies (which is Army-less mini-figure wise) was even more of a let-down than I was expecting...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: LOTR / Hobbit LEGO
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21 AM »
I picked up the Galadriel/Elrond/Witch King set at K-Mart...  I blew Reward Points on it, so it was free.

They had all the sets but the one with Smaug, which is probably the only other one I want due to Smaug... The rest of it is just boring as can be.

Anyway, the Galadriel set is pretty awesome.  She's a really neat figure herself, and getting the Witch King too, and a (I think) unique Elrond in battle armor is all pretty good stuff.  The Witch King glows too, or at least his head does, and so he's looking goofy on my shelf in the shadows right now.

The background stuff just blends in with Dol Guldor bits and pieces.  It's junk.  $15 for 3 mini figs, basically, hurts, but it's as interesting as this year's assortment gets.  All the sets really just add to sets we already have, or that is how it feels I guess.  And there's so little new as far as figures.  It really bites.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR / Hobbit LEGO
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2014, 01:00 PM »
and a (I think) unique Elrond in battle armor

Yes - his armor is indeed unique - I was thinking it was the same as the mini figure from the LOTR Lego Game Polybag release, but it's not.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Yeah I wasn't sure, and thought if it was anything it'd be that figure (which I don't have anyway) but it's not so that's fine I guess.

I wish they just did some better sets...  Why not Elf cavalry, or some Orc/Warg army building sets?  Hell, sets to army build eagles and other stuff would be kinda nice too.

And I so wish Smaug were his own kit, like the Creator sets...  He really deserves to be more than a pack-in undersized figure IMO.