Author Topic: Droid Factory returns for 2013!  (Read 33822 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory returns for 2013!
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18 PM »
-Han Solo - Where to go here?  We haven't seen an unadorned ANH Han Solo in circulation for some time now.  But it also seems like the Han Solo that's most in need of an update is a Carbon Freeze Chamber version.

My current top three for Han are...
- ANH REAL Yavin IV Ceremony Han, with correct shirt, pants, belt
- ESB Pre-Freeze Han with "frozen Han" block
- RotJ Post-Freeze Han with "melted Han" block

I'd love all those Hans.  I'd also add that it'd be neat to have a Thawing version of the block like they did for Saga 2 (though the block was thin width-wise.  Of course, it'd be cool to have Han half in the block and half exposed as well....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 11:10 PM »
I'm OK with Endor Leia...even without the hips

I'd go for these three in order:

ANH Leia
ANH Celebration Leia
ESB Bespin Escape Leia (really really easy kitbash
ROTJ Ewok Dress Leia is really needed to be resculpted but I'd take the top three first

I'd be down for the three Han's Jeff posted.  Luke for the most part has been covered really really well in the past 6 years.  I could do for an ultimate ANH one, but they need to do the Resurgence ANH Luke head.  I'd be down for a new X-Wing Luke too but not high on my list

Lando...Bespin Lando and Endor Celebration Lando

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 11:26 PM »
For Han I could go on for days...

-Brown Coat Han that can ride the Taun-Taun, Pre Cabo Freeze Han, Yavin Ceremony Han, New ANH Han (yeah, I'd like to see what they could do better now)...  Virtually any Endor Han.  I hate that barrel chested figure and would gladly take both a coat and non-coat version.

-Chewbacca...  I am ok with the VOTC and EB figures, but never hurts to see them re-released IMO.

-Leia...  ANH is probably my tops, but I'd say Endor too.  This is why though Scott...  New Speederbike...  she really should be able to sit on, and look as nice as, the new Scout does.  That thing looked like a prop. I'd like a Leia to match it.  I'd definitely be into an Endor/Ewok Leia too.  She looked snazzy in that outfit and while I dig the real hair one in the collection, I'd like something much better.

-Luke...  Endor Luke then gets a big vote from me, but so does a Final Duel Luke with the open shirt...  And Dagobah Training Luke is REALLY high on my list.  I'm not dying for a new Tatooine one, but I'd not turn my nose up either.  I'd put Hoth Luke on my list too.  We just got him, but he's too tall, and I hate the way they did the head...  Would've preferred two removable hats with scarves up and down, or something.  Just hate how that turned out and would like something better.

Oh and back to Han real quick...  DSE that's as nice as the LUke wouldn't hurt me any.  I'd like one with a good headsculpt and a holster like Luke's is all.

-OWK...  Wet Head definitely.  I'd kind of dig a Mustafar one that is ACTUALLY burnt though.  He's got a pretty singed outfit after that duel.  Beyond that, I'm pretty OWK-O'd.

-Anakin...  Not sure where to go with him either.  Medical Capsule is the only one coming to mind...  Not counting a ghost Sebastian Shaw Ani, of course.

-Padme...  I'm over her.

-PoopapappaPalpatine...  ROTJ is a must.  Throne would be cool, but I'm ok with the Halmark ornament actually, so if Hasbro never did it I wouldn't flinch.  Office Duel is a must though.  Was putting my ROTS one out...  holy cow.  That thing's poop.

-Vader...  uh...  a non-electrocuted version of the new one we just got would be kinda neat, just to have him laying there like a bitch with no hand.  Otherwise, meh.  I'd be more interested in his fighter getting redone, and including a damaged wing you could swap out.

-R2...  Don't care.  Especially if they're gonna make him smaller.

-3PO...  Unless vac-metalizing technology has come lightyears ahead, I'm kind of ok here too.  I guess I'd take a BAD version of him.  I keep thinking they'll make his foot AND shin silver though, and taht always bugs the **** out of me.

-Lando...  I'd take a new Bespin one but he seems to be a bit of retail poison.  I almost hate them risking it.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 08:17 AM »
One Luke that hasn't been done yet is TIE Attack Luke, which they've done with Han and Chewie.  Just slap on a head piece and done.  ::)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Han: Now that vintage is on hold (because we'd want this on a vintage card), a Stormtrooper disguise Han Solo...ball jointed hips.

Luke- Dagobah with his shirt open, scene where Yoda raises the X-Wing. Accurate short stormtrooper disguise version? Post bacta recovery luke in orange jump/flight suit? They could include the flight helmet and vest as removable accessories.

Vader: ROTS redo with accurate shoulder armor. That is, the shoulders that aren't seperate pieces, this would limit poses, but it's all about accuracy, right?  :P  Even better if you pressed his chest and he screamed "NOOOOOOOO!"

Anakin: Realistic season 3 Clone Wars...isn't that just ROTS with a different head? Well, yes.

Palpatine: Declaration of the Empire

Kenobi: Naboo underwater rebreather...because we didn't get enough EP1 Obi-Wan!  Or Ghost Obi-Wan.

Chewbacca: Wind blown Hoth Chewbacca...wow, scene specific. How about Life Day Robe.

C-3P0: AOTC...arena one with maybe better deco?

Lando: Imperial Guard disguise from SOTE? Or Ewok Celebration...stick him in a 5 pack...Victory on Endor set....with dancing Ackbar? Squeeze his legs together and he busts a move?

R2-D2: Sensor scope...make it accurate!

I would probably buy very few of these.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:49 AM by scockery »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 03:45 PM »

I know, what could be worse than that?

A line of Build A-Droid figures where there is not one "unmade" figure at all.  All resculpts.

Truth.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 05:08 PM »
One Luke that hasn't been done yet is TIE Attack Luke, which they've done with Han and Chewie.  Just slap on a head piece and done.  ::)

They've done that one. It's lame, but they did it  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »

They've done that one. It's lame, but they did it  ;)

Is it the deluxe PotJ/F one?  Then, yeah, it needs revisiting.  :D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 10:09 PM »
They could do Gunner Luke in MOVIE HEROES, so he can include an oversized spring action weapon that vaguely resembles a quad gun cannon...or reuse the Clone Trooper one that's backpack mounted.

Another good one is Swamp Squirt R2-D2 from Dagobah. Real water squirting action. Great ideas. By "great", I mean I shouldn't post them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 12:05 AM »
Millenium Falcon gunner Luke is definitely one of those marginal choices that Hasbro could take on.  A kitbash version of the "Resurgence" Luke would be good here. 

And the same goes for a blast shield helmet training Luke.  That was done in the POTF2 era, but we've come a long way since then.  Again, the "Resurgence" Luke would be a great starting point.  Include the lightsaber, blastsheild helmet and a training remote (on a clear stand) and you've got a decent ANH Luke.

The one Luke that I think is a no-brainer?  A new, SA Dagobah training Luke.  The OTC version with the swappable arms and head was cool....in 2004.  But it was geared towards only 2 poses:  holding Yoda in the backpack or doing the handstand.  A truly SA Dagobah Luke seems like the next logical choice on the Luke front.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47 PM »
I really agree on Dagobah Luke - remember the one that came with the X-Wing a few years back?  That one was a tease... I kind of thought we'd see it in a battle pack later, with Yoda and Dagobah Vader.  But an upgrade would be fantastic.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Dagobah 'Failure at the Cave' Vader is overdue, too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12 PM »
I'm pretty much in line with everyone else's thinking on the main character re-dos.  We've really gotten a lot of ultimate (or close to) versions over the past few years, but there are some that could stand some updates or at least some little tweaks.

Han Solo - The VOTC Han remains one of my favorite figures of the entire line, but at the same time you never know what they could improve on.  I'd be happy if they just got the original one out there a little more often, I can't believe it hasn't been recarded in the line somewhere - and I hope they start to.  Outside of that, I'd like to see Brown Coated Taun Taun rider, and new Carbonite Han Solos (pre and post).  They could also redo the Yavin one, since the last one wasn't right at all really.

Luke Skywalker - To me, Luke has gotten a lot of love in the past few years.  The Hoth one could use some tweaks to make it perfect, but the recent Bespin, Jedi, Snowspeeder Lukes were all pretty much perfect.  I'm happy with the Resurgence Luke for Tatooine as well, and I'd like to see that one recarded like VOTC Han (same goes for their previously done Stormtrooper versions).  My most wanted one is probably a new Dagobah Luke as well.  The OTC one was cool (I still like it), but they could really go all out with that now.  Other than that, I could see a new Endor one to go with the bike.

Princess Leia - The ANH re-do is my most wanted one.  At the time I really liked the VOTC version (it is still alright), but I'd really like to see them do this one from the ground up, all-new.  Another "iconic" version of the character that it is hard to believe we haven't seen on the pegs for so many years.  I'd like the Bespin Escape version too (like Scott said, an easy kitbash), and the Ceremonial one could use an upgrade.  Endor for the Speederbike as well.

Chewie - VOTC/EB is perfect, just put it out there more.  Another one that should be out at some point each year (or at least every other year).  Too bad the line can't run like the vintage days and just cycle some of these ultimate ones back out there again.

Lando - I'd like to see the Bespin one re-done.  VOTC is alright, and seemed to be retail poison, so we'll see.

Obi-Wan - I wouldn't mind seeing the "slicked back" hair version from AOTC, with the movie (likely) next year.  Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with Obi-Wans from both trilogies.  Slight variations (like the "burnt" version from Mustafar) would be fine.

Anakin - Again, pretty alright with the Anakins.  They make slight improvements to the Evolution versions, and that pretty much covers that character pretty well.  The Med Capsule version is still out there, but maybe not very likely.

Padme - There are always Padmes to do (or re-do), and I'm game for any of them.  That said, if the line ended tomorrow and this is what we'd got, I wouldn't be too upset either.

Palps - New ROTJ one with throne would be the ultimate here, for me.

Vader - Overall pretty happy I guess, we've had so many.  The removable helmet feature is nice, but I sort of like having some Vaders where the helmet/mask doesn't fall off all the time too.  Again, we've had several pretty nice ones, so we should be set.

R2-D2 - Pretty much hit the high with the Resurgence pack version, keep putting it out there.  They'll make more though, and I'd probably pick them up.  Always enjoy R2.

C-3PO - BAD version, or if they could get the vac metal stuff down, as others have mentioned.

Overall, looking at the main characters, there are some that could stand re-dos (or just new takes to see what they could do), and others that just need some slight tweaking to fix up.  But, looking at the figures I have on display in our office here, most have been done pretty well.  Then again, we thought some were perfect years ago only to be improved upon again, so you never know what they could do.  Overall though, I'm pretty happy with most of them.  Just a few from the OT would finish them out pretty nicely for me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Touching on some of these others....

-Chewbacca - I agree, the VOTC & Early Bird versions knocked it out of the park with Chewie.  If we're going to get scene specific with our favorite Wookiee, there are three jailbird versions left that I can think of:  Death Star prisoner Chewbacca, Cloud City Chewie with manacles & C-3PO, and a Jabba's palace prisoner Chewie.

-Lando - The VOTC figure from TESB was pretty good.  But articulation and sculpting have gotten better since then.  A new sculpt of Cloud City Lando would be cool, especially featuring an Imperial blaster and removable cloak.

-Leia - A new version from ANH does seem in order.  Especially after we saw how good the medical bay Leia was.

-C-3PO - A battle damaged version from Cloud City (with the parts bin & cargo net) would be a great interpretation of goldenrod.

-Hoth Han & Luke - I think Hasbro could do a cool scene specific versions of Han Solo & Luke Skywalker along with Han's tauntaun.  An ultimate brown coat Hoth Han with lightsaber & sensors would be a good start.  Then, kitbash the new Hoth Luke into a Wampa damaged version.  And give us the split belly tauntaun.  It would make for a great exclusive battle pack.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 09:18 PM »
How about we see the supposed variants of the Utai and Imperial Scanning Crew that we were supposed to get the last Droid Factory series?