Author Topic: Droid Factory returns for 2013!  (Read 33821 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory returns for 2013!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Touching on some of these others....

-Chewbacca - I agree, the VOTC & Early Bird versions knocked it out of the park with Chewie.  If we're going to get scene specific with our favorite Wookiee, there are three jailbird versions left that I can think of:  Death Star prisoner Chewbacca, Cloud City Chewie with manacles & C-3PO, and a Jabba's palace prisoner Chewie.

They've gotten Boushh's bounty Chewbacca wrong twice now. In ROTJ, the collar is quite visible, not buried under fur like the toy versions.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2012, 06:42 PM »
How about we see the supposed variants of the Utai and Imperial Scanning Crew that we were supposed to get the last Droid Factory series?

I have seen the scanner tech variant and I don't THINK it's a figure variant, but an accessory one instead.  I'd still buy it.  I got TONS of the first one and I'd take a lot of the 2nd version.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2012, 07:35 PM »
How about we see the supposed variants of the Utai and Imperial Scanning Crew that we were supposed to get the last Droid Factory series?

I have seen the scanner tech variant and I don't THINK it's a figure variant, but an accessory one instead.  I'd still buy it.  I got TONS of the first one and I'd take a lot of the 2nd version.

Was it just the accessory??  I guess I didn't notice... okay, then slap a new head on it and the piece we didn't get and there's a figure I'd buy!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2012, 10:11 PM »
They'd release the exact same figure from  the Legacy collection, but with the accessory from the POTF Millenium Falcon carrying case version....and then say it was a mix up and never correct it.

It's way too easy to be pessimistic these days.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Yeah, the head I thought was new, but I've been told it's not...  Just the box that goes on the cart was new.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 02:54 AM »
I've looked through my own photos that I took at SDCC '09 where the Imperial Scanning Trooper was first shown.  And the display showed a single Scanning Trooper with two different sets of scanning accessories.  However, there was at least one site that took some other photos that day which may have shown a second Scanning Trooper, along with that second Utai.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback