Author Topic: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu  (Read 50066 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2012, 10:15 PM »
This isn't due until end of January right?  If they are just getting them out piecemeal to make sure everyone has them by end of Jan, I'm okay with that.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27 PM »
I'm ok with that too, but some communication would be nice first and second I'd like to know why someone who seemingly put an order in, in November, got their figures before me.  :-\  That's what I've heard anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09 AM »
I'm ok with that too, but some communication would be nice first and second I'd like to know why someone who seemingly put an order in, in November, got their figures before me.  :-\  That's what I've heard anyway.

Yeah, it should be first ordered first served, but at least they're not shipping based on Gentle Giant's timeline.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Hey guys, haven't been around for a couple months.  Just caught wind of this Jocasta Nu situation at marvelousnews.com so I emailed Brian's Toys in a fit of rage and disappointment and what they told me is that they had no idea why people who preordered a few months ago didn't have their orders processed, and people who ordered last week got their figures.  The lady told me she processed mine just now as a result of my email.  What I did was bring up my original order email from september and reply to that address, then I got my response from a Heather Westphal which is Heather@brianstoys.com, she sounds hot but I don't know for sure.

Anyhow, good luck.  If you email her she should straighten it out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:54 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Good to see you DR.  Thanks for the tip - I just sent Heather an email about our Mpls order (we ordered 7 total).  Will repost the response.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Wait - so even though you ordered back in July - literally on the first day these things were announced by Hasbro at SDCC, you have to now contact Brians Toys and get them to process the order for you?

What the heck?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Got the same contact.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11 AM »
I got my response from a Heather Westphal which is Heather@brianstoys.com, she sounds hot but I don't know for sure.

Well, here is her picture according to Google+...

Good to see you DR.  Thanks for the tip - I just sent Heather an email about our Mpls order (we ordered 7 total).  Will repost the response.

Per Heather: "I will see if I can get yours out yet this week.  They have come in, and we are trying to process them along with all holiday orders as quickly as we can to reach the January due date."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2012, 10:04 AM »
I guess they are not used to people ordering things at inflated prices.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Mine are shipped.  She was very nice and helpful.  Sounds like they're just overwhelmed, but it also sounds like they're taking orders out of order and newer ones are going out earlier.  Kind of an ass backwards way of doing things, but it's new for them so stuff happens.  I'm not upset at this point since mine are shipping and that's all I wanted.

I'd actually not have emailed if it weren't for the stories of guys putting an order in, in November, and getting theirs.  Otherwise I'd have just waited till January.  So far though I'm perfectly happy with the service.  Sounds like just a little confusion/gaffe.  Like I said, it happens.

As for the price, I knwo people aren't happy with it, but honestly, for what it is, and how lame the character was...  If this is the only way to get her, I think $25's fair.  Plus taking into account the packaging, the bust accessory (I wish more Jedi came with these!), and so on...  Plus mine's free shipping since I ordered with a free shipping code eons ago.  $25 seems about fair for this.  If they said we'd only do the Tonnika Sisters as $25 figures (each) but each came with a new/better curved bar section for your diorama, or a half of the dispenser, I'd pay that and I wouldn't even bat an eye at complaining. 

Jocasta I think gets more gripes because she's a character very few were vocally campaigning for.  The rest of us are just like, "Eh...  ok I guess".  If she were animated I'd have happily passed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:03 PM by Jesse James »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2012, 03:37 PM »
the bust accessory (I wish more Jedi came with these!), and so on... 

I'd be happy with a bust of Aayla's bust.  :-X

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2012, 06:06 PM »
Contacting Brian's paid off.

UPS Ship Notification
Scheduled Delivery: 13-December-2012

Too bad it's a day AFTER our group meeting.   ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2012, 06:30 PM »
As for the price, I knwo people aren't happy with it, but honestly, for what it is, and how lame the character was...  If this is the only way to get her, I think $25's fair.  Plus taking into account the packaging, the bust accessory (I wish more Jedi came with these!), and so on...  Plus mine's free shipping since I ordered with a free shipping code eons ago.  $25 seems about fair for this.  If they said we'd only do the Tonnika Sisters as $25 figures (each) but each came with a new/better curved bar section for your diorama, or a half of the dispenser, I'd pay that and I wouldn't even bat an eye at complaining. 

I'd agree if it was $25, but for those of us who didn't know to take advantage of the coupon code for free shipping, it's $24.99 plus $6.50 for shipping, plus $2.00 for handling.  $33.49 for ONE figure is absurd.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2012, 07:18 PM »
$33.49 for ONE figure is absurd.

Well, unless its a Kubrick.   ;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34 PM »
$33.49 for ONE figure is absurd.

Well, unless its a Kubrick.   ;)

Oh man, ain't that the (sad) truth.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:34 PM by P-Siddy »