Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu

<< < (36/37) > >>

bobafett14:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on January 16, 2013, 02:26 PM ---I'd say it's a bit of a gamble too.  Brian's would have to order a certain number to carry the exclusive, but given their store's size it's tough to say if they could order a boatload or not.  Ordering when I did, I am completely satisfied with it.  At $33 with no coupon codes I think I maybe would've passed.  Really would've regretted not getting the accessories though.

--- End quote ---

Looks likea nice figure.   I'm just looking over the last 15 years whenever there's any exclusve offered well above a "normal" asking price..in this example let's say a single figure ("normal" being about $7-$10)  MANY of these "exclusives" seem to eventually end up on ebay at about half thier original asking price. 

Celebration exclusives, the talkin Vader, the silver anniv. fgs that were being offered at various convetions for a few years, any exclusives, TRU exclusives, Target exclusives, etc.etc..  you name it.  $33 seems to be at the top of the list for any single carded figure that I've seen.  Just always seems to be lately a similar mentality around SW that when something comes out it's originally offered a rediculously high prce (i.e. take advantage of everone who needs one first or feels they have to hurry an buy before it's "sold out"), then it eventually goes on a few rounds of sales or Special offer prices, then eventually hits it's it final absolute low clearance price... which at that point the price is so low they get wiped out/sold out.  If you can get the timing down, and get an item on the last clearance price (or as cloe to it as you can), you could probably have about 3X the items in your collection vs. buying everything at it's original offered price.  This particular item just seems to scream clearance deal eventually.

Also, not saying this practice is wrong in any way (Heck, if I was a company, I'd do the same)  However, bing a collector, and NOT a company, I'm just looking at it through the eyes of a collector...be smart about your purchases, and hoping to save folks (maybe newer folks to the hobby) a lot of $ and frustration in the end.  Hopefully have more fun with it. 

Diddly:

--- Quote from: shmashwitdaclub on January 17, 2013, 09:12 AM ---I already received notice that mine will be shipped within the next business day

--- End quote ---

Same here, got the email this afternoon

Phrubruh:
I wish we had a reputation system here so I can give bobafett14 a +1.

shmashwitdaclub:
whoa, mine arrived today - that was fast

Diddly:
Got mine yesterday too. The packaging is pretty cool, despite it being ridiculously excessive. Kinda like the Indiana Jones Lost Figures set, I would have preferred they scaled it back and lowered the price a bit. Oh well. Like someone else said earlier, I like how they threw in the extra cardback since I've been saving those. I haven't opened it yet but the figure itself looks great.

I might pick up a second if they go on clearance at any point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version