Author Topic: 2013 Droid Factory Wave 2  (Read 25306 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2013 Droid Factory Wave 2
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 09:38 PM »
I believe I saw that, somewhere, in the mix of SDCC news...  hell, might've even been here but it's all a mess in my head at this point.

On the whole biggs thing, I'd take both redone...  Pilot Biggs (I just opened one the other night from a case I got super cheap) is HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEE [/parishilton slowmo] and from what I recall of the SE Luke/Biggs scene in the Yavin Hangar, Biggs is pretty darn close to Luke's height and it's Red Leader who's a lot taller than both it seemed.

So I'd take both Biggs figures getting a second look...  but if I could only have one, I'd go with the Pilot over the Tosche Station one.

EDIT: Let me add that that is a cool photo Scockery.  Never seen that, but I dig it.  I'd seen a wider shot of Luke that you can clearly see he's rockin' Leia's blaster, but the coat's on in it.  If I find it, I'll post it too.

His 30AC figure's holster does hold the blaster though, pretty well.  I was shocked.  Looks cool.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:39 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 05:20 PM »
I'm really excited about the droid choices for this wave.  Those are two good looking droids.  R8 is a CW resculpt, and R5 has most of the same parts as BAD R2-R9 except for the dome, so they shouldn't make things too difficult for those that aren't completely obsessive.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Now we know the A-Wing pilot is a human.

How utterly boring.

No "bonus" Phase 2 helmet with Rex or standard trooper helmet with the Clone Pilot. Bah.

We get Jango's helmet with Mace. Is Jango's head in it?  :o Or is it just the one from CW with the bomb inside?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 01:29 AM »
Even though we have like a million different Vader figures, this upcoming Bespin Vader came out looking pretty good, especially with the blaster bolt deflecting action going on.  Mara Jade looks pretty good, too.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26 AM »
A boring wave. 

Mace - Whatever
Biggs - I did this already
Ceremony Luke - again already did this with a better head
Mara Jade - its okay
Clone Pilot - I could have done this already
A-Wing Pilot - pointless
Darth Vader - cool hand accessory (I know its the ESB TVC Vader)
Captain Rex - I looking forward to this figure
BADs - R8-B7 (whatever), R5-X2 (the only thing exciting in this wave)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:28 AM by Matt R. »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Looks like Biggs uses the Luke Pilot body too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 12:28 PM »
I think they said it's the slightly taller Brannon body.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Liking the Bespin Vader and Mara Jade figures, though God knows I don't need or want another Vader figure...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 08:29 PM »
I think they said it's the slightly taller Brannon body.

If it's Brannon he's a lot taller, which ironically may not be accurate. :)

The one time they probably should've used a shorter sculpt.  Kinda funny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Slightly better than Wave 1 maybe, but still kind of boring.  I think all the figures we've seen look really nice, there are some it is just tough to get excited about since we've seen them before (in some cases several times).  I'm happy with most of the OT stuff, since the last Yavin Luke was a little off, a new Biggs is welcome, and the other stuff is nice too.  I'm kind of psyched for Rex, and Mara Jade looks nicely done.  Honestly, I just don't care about new clones too much anymore, I've gotten my fill at this point.  Vader is kind of neat for something different too.  I'm wondering if their presentation slide is accurate with "30 plus" figures for 2013.  We've already seen 20 through waves 1 and 2, right?  That leaves maybe 15 figures for the rest of the year then?  I don't mind the scale back overall, but I'm wondering how it will break out for the year then...maybe two more waves?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51 PM »
A friend said to kick off a line you should put your best foot forward...  And this isn't it.

I have to agree.

Now, that's not to say I don't like what was pictured, but that first wave or two do sort of stick in my craw a bit.

I mean, I dig some of it...  But like Ceremony Luke is a bit of a kick in the ding ding, as is another Sandtrooper.  I like 'em, but I have plenty and yeah, I would've rather seen something really new and unique.  An alien resculpt, a trooper variant that we don't have...  More new, less rehash.  Kicking off a new BAD line where the BAD figures are the best part, and the stuff you gotta buy to get the parts is ho-hum?  That sorta feels like a flawed beginning.

now...  that said...  They did kick off 2012 with practically a whole wave of new figures, and, well, that didn't pan out ultimately...  so who knows.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Just when you thought you couldn't stand seeing another ******* Sandtrooper, you get one here. Oh, and apparently there's also one in the Movie Heroes line, with a big honkin' gun. That's right, the line that's clogging the pegs is getting the current king of the peg cloggers.

Is Hasbro asleep at the wheel or what?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Just when you thought you couldn't stand seeing another ******* Sandtrooper, you get one here.

I guess Hasbro figures cross-overs work (ala Avengers movie), so why not Sandtroopers in multiple lines?

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36 PM »
I actually like the Sandtroopers but don't quite understand their reasoning for always having them on the shelves.  One wave right after another it seems like.  Vader, Mauls, Jangos, Bobas I get that.  But Sandtroopers?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 08:44 PM »
I actually like the Sandtroopers but don't quite understand their reasoning for always having them on the shelves.  One wave right after another it seems like.  Vader, Mauls, Jangos, Bobas I get that.  But Sandtroopers?

I don't get it either. Did they really need to release on at the beginning of the Vintage line, the end of the Vintage line, the beginning of the new Legacy collection AND in the Movie Heroes?

And since the body of these releases all to be the same figure, I find DDP's remarks about how the CW/MH figures are for kids and not collectors and kids are "frustrated by articulation" to be nothing more than a lame excuse for cost cutting measures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!