Author Topic: Lego 2013  (Read 49538 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Lego 2013
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22 AM »
A new Ewok Village coming soon?

Sounds like it will be big and pricey.  Hopefully full of new stuff!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Priced right around what Orthanc is in the LOTR line, so if you want to draw a comparison that thing's like 3 feet tall (albeit one big spire).  That means an Ewok Village could be 3 trees at a foot tall each maybe? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Love the name of this one!  I'll probably pick this one up just for the novelty of owning the Jedi Defender LEGO set.  :D

Too awesome!  I may have to order that just out of principle.   8)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2013, 12:01 AM »
Ewok village should be interesting... that converts to like a $300 set right? For that price it's either going to be a bunch of trees and huts or a TON of minifigures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 07:05 AM »
It could be something along the lines of the scope of the Death Star.  That one was $400 and had like 20 mini-figs and a lot of detail.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18 AM »
It could be something along the lines of the scope of the Death Star.  That one was $400 and had like 20 mini-figs and a lot of detail.

That's what I was thinking.  About the same size, 15ish minifigs, lots of play action (net trap, elevator, firepit roaster, trap doors, etc.).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 1, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Wow, that set is awesome, and only $250 if i read right? Lot of play value there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 1, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Only $250.  LOL!  It's fantastic.  I will probably never get it though.  Just like the Death Star :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 1, 2013, 10:11 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  About the same size, 15ish minifigs, lots of play action (net trap, elevator, firepit roaster, trap doors, etc.).

Not too far off.  Some fantastic play action in that set and I love the new scouts.  They evrn made the tree stumps able to swivel around 360 independent of rest of the platform.  Pretty slick, Lego.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 2, 2013, 12:03 AM »
Once again Lego shows itself to be the superiour licensee.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 2, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Once again Lego shows itself to be the superiour licensee.

Agreed. I just watched the video and the set looks fantastic!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 2, 2013, 08:49 PM »
Been looking at/drooling over this set all weekend, checking out the pics and video with my daughter.  I've gotten more and more into LEGO the past couple years, particularly this year with the big Hasbro drought, and I have to admit this is awfully tempting.  Not sure I could afford this one most likely, or if I could I'd be tempted to put the money towards the Death Star set, but I'd sure like to.  Really nice set all around, and LEGO is just so consistently putting out greatness.  Between SW, LOTR, Marvel, TMNT, and Harry Potter, we've had a lot of sets enter the house this year - and it has been a lot of fun.  Might have to figure out some way to get this one, we'll see.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 4, 2013, 01:56 PM »
I'm struggling with the giant Ewok Villiage, as I struggle with most of the expensive playset environments.

I've been putting together all of the sets (nearly all) that I've acquired over the past 15 years with my 5 year old son and for the most part he is completely uninterested in Star Wars playsets.  He wants vehicles and things that look more action oriented.  Although he does like the City playsets (fire station, etc.)

The only SW playset that I've managed to get him interested in is the Death Star, but even that has been languishing half built for the past month.

$250 is a lot of scratch.  I'm still struggling to pull the trigger on Jabba's Palace for half that price.

Who knows, maybe my son will eventually get interested in the SW playsets when he gets older, but right now I would probably rather spend the $250 on City playsets.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 4, 2013, 03:29 PM »
What does your son think of the play action with the death star?  Mine doesn't sit and play with his often, but when he does he loves moving the guns and doors ans elevator, etc.  I think he's more interested in the Ewok Villiage than Jabba's palace just because he didn't care much for that part of the movie (not a big fan of most aliens just yet).  I like where Lego is going with a lot of the play action to their sets, but I'm in the same boat as you with wondering how much my kid will actually play with it.