Author Topic: Lego 2013  (Read 49541 times)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 4, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Rancor Pit looks decent.  Just not sure I'm willing to dish out the cash for Jabba's chamber or palace or whatever they call it plus this set.

To sweeten the deal, according to the notes on the TRU website, the rancor set will attach to the bottom of the palace set and make that working trap door actually really cool. They did do a nice job with the palace though. My 8 year old is only half way through the build, (I so badly want to help), but the details are nice. They even have the droid ball that pops out of the door to greet R2 and 3PO.

Also it looks like the Hoth set that is not available for pre order from Amazon will be a TRU exclusive, so be prepared to overpay if you want the probe droid to complete your set.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 4, 2013, 12:33 PM »
I'm not sure how the tower works... if it just hangs over or if there will be an extension to meet the ground, but here's an image:

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: January 4, 2013, 02:06 PM »
On the back of the box they just have the tower next to the assembled sections.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 4, 2013, 04:02 PM »
I had seen a picture like that, I also saw someone's photo where a section of the pit (a swinging door?) was opened up a little and the tower was resting on it.  It really needs another section down there to support the tower so it can keep being a tower... maybe something with EV-9D9 and some busted up tortured droids.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 4, 2013, 04:08 PM »
The tower is connected with 3 posts, so you could opt for the hanging on look or just disconnect it and place it where you like.

The palace trap door and sliding throne for Jabba are sweet. I just wish it was bigger for 100 bucks, but it is still awesome.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 4, 2013, 04:12 PM »
It really needs another section down there to support the tower so it can keep being a tower... maybe something with EV-9D9 and some busted up tortured droids.

Add a cell for Chewie and Han to reunite in and I am out another 60 bucks.

And while we are at it, a stage with Max Rebo's band, even though I think he will be included in the new barge.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31 AM »
The new sets are Hitting Walmarts here. They are also available site to store if you are not up for the adventure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 04:18 AM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I saw a Barc Speeder with Sidecar at Walmart last night.  Was this already announced?  I didn't see it in the list, so I snapped a pic.  $25 seems a bit pricey to me, but my son would love a set with CW Obi and Rex.

Edit: scratch that.  I see it now.  Just had not come across that one before.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:51 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 01:30 PM »
I'm playing catch-up at the moment with the 2011/2012 sets, so I'm holding off on 2013 sets for now - but last night I picked up the AT-RT - what a great set.

I think if I see the Umbaran (sp?) canon set, I'll grab that too - all I see in my local stores is an empty shelf space.

The rest of the sets, so far at least, seem to be plentiful.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41 PM »
I saw the cannon for my first time today at Target and it looks very nice - just not $49.99 nice.  Will wait for a sale...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57 PM »
First look at 2nd Half 2013 sets from Toy Fair

75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75017 Duel on Geonosis
75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter
75019 AT-TE
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge
75021 Republic Gunship
75022 Mandalorian Speeder
75023 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar

The figures in that Geonosis set are awesome! Not much I'm interested in though, I still have the original Gunship and AT-TE from 10 years ago and would only be buying them for the minifgures at this point. I also have the original Sail Barge, but I'll snag it on sale somewhere I guess since I'm down to OT only for LEGO.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Sail barge is the only thing in there for me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Darn - I was hoping we'd get our first look at the other TOR set that's supposedly coming at the end of this year.

I hope it hasn't been cancelled due to the lackluster performance of the game like the 3.75" figures were...  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 11:09 PM »
I thought that Jek fighter was from TOR?