Author Topic: Lego 2013  (Read 49542 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2013
« Reply #105 on: January 4, 2014, 07:53 PM »
I got the Ewok Village for Christmas - and I finished putting it together today - what an amazing set!

I know it's $250 - but it's well worth it.

It's got some really great features and it was a lot of fun to build.

Definitely gonna have to save up for the Death Star now - would love to have another BIG set....

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Do any of you guys know if the Ewok Village is some sort of exclusive to the lego store?  I've been saving Amazon points for awhile and was going to use them to buy it there, but it's only available for $100 more from third party sellers. 

Does Lego typically restrict the larger sets from Amazon in some way for some period of time? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2014, 06:11 PM »
It's Lego Shop's exclusive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Thanks.  If it's going to have a shelf life of 2, 3 or even 4 years, is it likely that it'll be opened up to other retailers at some point or is Lego pretty firm on their exclusives?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2014, 10:59 AM »
I think all of the "Lego Store Exclusives" have been made available to other retailers, although most are only offered online.

Currently you can buy the Ewok Village from Target.com for the same price (5% cheaper if you use a Target card) you can get it from Lego.com. 

I'm sure at some point you will be able to get the Ewok Village at MSRP on Amazon, you just may need to wait awhile.  In fact most (all?) of the fall 2013 Lego Star Wars releases are only available on Amazon through 3rd parties for inflated prices (Umbaran MHC, Starhopper, etc.).  Not sure if this is a contract thing with Amazon that new releases aren't sold there for a period of time or what.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Perfect, thanks.  Every set for the last 3 years is in boxes waiting for me to have a larger room anyway, so I'm not in a hurry.  I'll hold out for now and see if it shows up at Amazon.  It'd basically be free for me if it does.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Wow I had no idea Target carried them.  I hadn't seen the LotR one anywhere but amazon and Lego.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Targets (at least in my area) have had signage/pics up for sometime now about having "more advanced" sets available online.  Death Star + modulars and what not.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2014, 11:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can get all the Lego exclusives through TRU.com as well.  They've got the Ewok Village and Death Star available.  Didn't check the LOTR sets.

You can even get a huge deal  ;) at TRU.com right now for the Ewok Village.  Marked down to $250 (normal MSRP) from $300. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 1, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Perfect, thanks.  Every set for the last 3 years is in boxes waiting for me to have a larger room anyway, so I'm not in a hurry.  I'll hold out for now and see if it shows up at Amazon.  It'd basically be free for me if it does.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-10236-Village/dp/B00F15OA5A/ref=pd_sim_t_5

go get it....when you have time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 1, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Just did!  I've been checking it every other day or so but hadn't seen that yet, so thanks for the heads up.  It was a hair over $90 after I burned up all my Amazon points.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Are these sets exclusives to the different retailers listed below (and Lego.com)?

75013 - Umbaran UHC (Target)
75024 - HH-87 Skyhopper (WalMart)
75025 - Jedi Defender Class Cruiser (TRU)

I must have missed the memo and thought that these were going to be available through all retailers.  :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:06 PM by Dave »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2014, 11:43 AM »
Are these sets exclusives to the different retailers listed below (and Lego.com)?

75013 - Umbaran UHC (Target)
75024 - HH-87 Skyhopper (WalMart)
75025 - Jedi Defender Class Cruiser (TRU)

I must have missed the memo and thought that these were going to be available through all retailers.  :P

Correct. The BARC Speeder w/Sidecar was also exclusive to WalMart in the US.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 6, 2014, 11:22 PM »
Ewok Village Review

I saw the Ewok village on display last night at a local LEGO store. All I can say is WOW!  It really is one of the more impressive LEGO sets that I've ever seen.  Time and again LEGO just shows what impressive work they can do, and that their product line is so adaptable that they can do just about anything they want to.

This is the most recent of the LEGO sets I only had picked up here.