Author Topic: POTF2 aquisitions you're proud of  (Read 9182 times)

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
POTF2 aquisitions you're proud of
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:54 PM »
It's not often you find a rare figure out there and buy them for a steal of a deal good price. So post up your past or current purchases you're proud of and the price you paid that made it a great deal:)

Today I got this C9 .01 full circles on hands Boba Fett, what makes him special is that he's missing the chest emblem and a lot of the battle damage silver paint:)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:37 AM by MattCBR »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: POTF2 aquisitions you're proud of
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:10 PM »
My two Theater Edition Jedi lukes are still displayed in my collection.  I paid the price of a movie ticket and got the fiigures...as well as see ROTJ SE.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Wow, I have that figure upstairs in my attic, just a random part of my collection, the only carded, modern non-TCW figure I have actually...been meaning to list that on eBay. I wonder what the chances are I have the rare version? (not likely...)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 02:06 AM »
Yeah BriansToys has a no-emblem POTF2 red card Fett just like this for $299.00

If you have a Fett without the emblem on his shoulder they're trying to sell it for $500.00

Even more if there aren't circles on his hands, etc.

In the end, figures are only worth what people are willing to pay... looking through Brian's Toys ebay sell history over the last 6 months they've sold some of these several hundred dollar carded POTF2 figs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:18 PM »
I have a Fett with Full Circle on his right hand only (Not the left) and one that is the exact opposite - only the circle on his left hand.  I don't think I've ever even looked for the chest emblem though.  Nice grab!

I'm most "proud" or happy with my Freeze Frame Weequay.  That was a figure I never thought I would get.  I drove way out of my way to a Walmart in Madison and came out empty handed.  Then on a complete whim I stopped at a Fleet Farm and found the whole case, with FF Weequay, Fett, Troopers, etc.  Didn't realize how rare those would be - I never saw those figures for sale again and without the chance trip to the East side of town, I probably wouldn't own them. 

Theater Edition Luke and Toy Fair Vader are close seconds.  Just because they are rare and I have fun memoreis associated with them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Those are great finds, even more memoriable if you're the original owner:)

It's in the mail now, some of the guys at POTF2 think it might be fake because of the bubble, they locked the thread before I could reply and say "I hope not, I'll be the first to let you all know."

D-bags lol.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 01:03 AM »
Sounds warm and fuzzy to get that kind of a reception.

Hope it's not a fake...  I didn't realize anyone still cared about POTF2 variations much.  I still have a few around in my pile of extras from that time.  Should probably consider starting selling them off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I've been clearing out all of my POTF2 stuff. Just sold a Slave Leia with a japanese sticker back for $2.50. I have a closed fist tusken raider if anyone's interested. I'll take a trade. PM me if you're interested. Appologies if my posting this here is a no no. I'm on a vintage ewok kick so I'm clearing out a bunch of carded stuff I have in favor of loose stuff and need a few parts to complete an ewok village and accessories to complete a few ewoks. The ROTJ ones, not the cartoon ones.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 12:01 AM »
Update: the figure I got in the mail today was not the one in the picture... it was just a regular .01 Fett MOC...

I messaged him that I did tell him (when I paid) that I was only interested in the figure in the picture that clearly did not have gray chest emblems and to please send only that one.

He replied and apologized, he did in fact mail me the wrong one ::) He said he didn't notice the two were different until now.

Soo.... he's paying to mail me the figure in the picture (supposidly without chest emblems)... I'm gladly paying to return the figure he sent.

lol, so there still might be hope... but I'll be the first to let you know if the Fett is fake:)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:15 AM by MattCBR »

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 01:10 PM »
well the guy sent the right Fett (the one in the pic) and he looks ligit to me... I'll post up some higher resolution pics later and I'm going to bring him to the monthly JD meeting to see what the other local guys think.

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 11:42 PM »
It's not a variation, but it appears to be an interesting error:

.00 Princess Leia (2 rings Barely on belt)  &  Back

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 11:44 PM »
It's not a variation, but it appears to be an interesting error:

.00 Princess Leia (2 rings Barely on belt)  &  Back

What's the error - the belt?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 12:02 AM »
What's the error - the belt?

Yeah it looks like it was supposed to be a two banded belt but most of it appears flat... not a big deal, just interesting to me:

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 05:39 AM »
Deciding to sell him, see what I can get.

Link Deleted.  Sorry, we don't allow the promotion of ebay links! - JediDefender Staff

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:23 AM by Jeff »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 9, 2014, 10:05 PM »
Luke Skywalker and Wampa, Han Solo with Jabba the Hutt, Ronto and Jawa, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, Rebel Trooper, and Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker are among some of them.