Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Superman - Man of Steel

<< < (19/23) > >>

DSJ™:
Mentioned long ago... it was a WFT did Jonathan say?

--- Quote ---Clark: "What was I supposed to do let them die?"

Jonathan: "...Maybe"
--- End quote ---

He made his choice!

Remember, it's a reboot... not really the Sup's we grew up with.

Qui-Gon Jim:

--- Quote from: DSJ™ on June 17, 2013, 01:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

This is a horse<bleep> cop out excuse.  This is not tied to the movies we saw when we were young, and I'm OK with that.  BUT they are tied to decades of Superman lore since the movie is called Supe... oh wait...

I think I am more bothered that he was ABLE to do it rather than him doing it.

Also, which blockbuster genre film tidies things up with a "singularity"?  Hint: it isn't Star Trek.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Qui-Gon Jim on June 17, 2013, 03:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: DSJ™ on June 17, 2013, 01:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

This is a horse<bleep> cop out excuse.  This is not tied to the movies we saw when we were young, and I'm OK with that.  BUT they are tied to decades of Superman lore since the movie is called Supe... oh wait...

I think I am more bothered that he was ABLE to do it rather than him doing it.

Also, which blockbuster genre film tidies things up with a "singularity"?  Hint: it isn't Star Trek.

--- End quote ---

I would say that since Kal-El wasn't born of genetic engineering and has the codex of all of Kryptonians I say he could kill him.

JediJman:
Haven't seen it yet, but intrigured to from all the posts.  I have to say on the surface, I agree with QGJ is saying about Superman's ending.  Seems like he would have tried to find another way.  Great article on the whole issue right here from EW.

Jayson:
The author of that must not have seen Superman 2. In that film, Superman crushes a Zod's hand (who is now "mortal" at this point) and throws him against the wall and to his eventual death in the FoS - all while smiling and wisecracking. Zod and Co. in Superman 2 no longer posed an imminent threat. Did we think any less of Superman?

I'd say that in MOS, Superman was far more cognizant of his actions and their ramifications. What was Kal-El's recourse exactly?

Take the superhero aspect out of it. A psychopath is mowing down innocent civilians in the street. Law enforcement/military is forced to neutralize the threat with extreme prejudice to prevent further loss of life. Do we deem them as murderers?

Superman did what needed to be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version