Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 28343 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 12:26 AM »
I love how the refs looked at each other and then made opposing signals.  Horrible call.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 12:31 AM »
I don't like, nor hate the Packers, but I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if that happened to one of my teams. I wish Cheap Ass Goodell would pull the rod out of his ass and pay the damn refs because the NFL is quickly becoming unwatchable.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 07:12 AM »
It seems there is some sort of ref screw up in about every game.  They blew a pass interference call in the Skins game and they also didn't seem to have any idea about when to run off time on offensive penalties.  It will get real nasty if this continues on late in the season when the playoffs are on the line.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 09:51 AM »
It seems there is some sort of ref screw up in about every game.  They blew a pass interference call in the Skins game and they also didn't seem to have any idea about when to run off time on offensive penalties.  It will get real nasty if this continues on late in the season when the playoffs are on the line.

They also said the Skins game was over when it wasn't, and threw the flag on Lil Shanny for disputing the blown call, and then they reversed the call, put time on the clock, but still enforced the penalty.

Really, the last two Skins games have been heavily impacted by poor officiating. It's not as glaring as the single play in the Seashawks game, but that stuff adds up quickly over time. Especially the lack of holding calls.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Even with the two losses, at least they are scoring points.  I can't remember the last time they actually had a legitimate chance of pulling off a last minute win or tie.  The sack killed the drive, but they really moved the ball on the last drive instead of going 3 and out as usual.  It seems to be a reverse of previous years when the defense would keep them in the game for a while, but the offense just wouldn't score.   Now it is the defense that can't get the job done.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I went to bed so pissed last night after that game. Worst call I've ever seen.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Honestly the Packers have had tons of questionable calls go their way over the last 15 years.  They have no right to cry about this one.  I guess the fake refs didn't get the memo about favoring them. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Honestly the Packers have had tons of questionable calls go their way over the last 15 years.  They have no right to cry about this one.  I guess the fake refs didn't get the memo about favoring them.

I'm calling bull**** on that one.  Missed calls happen, but past missed calls don't justify or excuse egregiously wrong, game deciding calls that most likely only occurred because the league wants to play hardball and not give refs pensions and a 401k.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I just couldn't stand how the Seahawks were so jubilant after that.  Sure, it's one in the 'W' but I don't think I would celebrate a win because the refs don't understand the rules.  Hell, I don't know all the rules as a casual fan, but I certainly knew that it was an interception/touchback. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 01:17 PM »
The best part is, that on top of all these terrible calls, Rodgers says the refs gave him a kicking football to throw on the 2-point conversion.  Not only are those much tougher to throw, but it's a rules violation to use the wrong ball.

And the Packers lost by 2.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I am in no way, shape or form a Packers fan.  But the officiating situation is beginning to make people question the legitimacy of the game.  That should really get Roger Goodell and the owners concerned in a big way.  The NFL is such big business that they need to nip this in the bud, and quickly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2012, 07:06 AM »
If anyone wants a good laugh read this fake QB Twitter conversion that's going around.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2012, 07:30 AM »
If anyone wants a good laugh read this fake QB Twitter conversion that's going around.

That's funny!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2012, 03:21 PM »

That's funny!

+1 Thanks for sharing, Jay
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 5, 2012, 11:36 AM »