Author Topic: Celebration VI  (Read 27547 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Celebration VI
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15 PM »
Hasbro panel is over, hope you were following along with the tweets...

Was quite disappointing.  DF Wave 2 was shown and there were a few other new things, but pretty slow overall.

One thing that jumped out at me is with the news of the completely retooled, smalled price point, smaller ship Class II line.  Sounds great for them to get out some new smaller sculpts to get the price back down to $20, but what does that mean for the chances of repacking the N-1 or Mando ship into that cheaper, smaller line-up?  I plan to ask them about that this afternoon...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 01:18 PM »
OK - so the Class I vehicles continue to be kinda cool - a smaller JSF for Yoda - I can dig that. The mini-rig that was supposed to be in the MTT - definitely! A re-release of the Dropship with a realistic pilot and 501st coloring - okay, I'll take it, but I still want my Clone Wars version...  :-\

Class II vehicles re-sculpted at a smaller size? WTF?!?!

Only minimal new figures shown.

No sign of any additional TOR figures or even mentions of what characters they are - like was promised at SDCC.

No new exclusive reveals, which is, in a way, a good thing... it means that this fall, here are the exclusives to keep up with:

Target:
Vintage 3-Packs (already out)
Return of Darth Maul Battle Pack

Toys R Us:
Ewok & Yavin Pilot Sets (already out)
Speeder Bike w/Biker Scout
Vintage Endor AT-AT
Vintage Millenium Falcon

KMart:
Vintage Endor AT-ST (already out)
Vintage AT-ST Pilot 2-Pack
Vintage Ewok AT-ST Hijackers 2-Pack

Did I forget anything?

(and before anyone says anything, I intentionally left off the Target exclusive Lamer-Pods set)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Oh, and McMetal - there IS a dropship in the display...   I don't know if the pics I uploaded last night have been processed by the guys yet, but ut's there on shelf.  Cant post the pic from here, but I'll tweet it on the JD twitter for you...  pic.twitter.com/Kdsljq4v
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 01:23 PM »
One thing that jumped out at me is with the news of the completely retooled, smalled price point, smaller ship Class II line.  Sounds great for them to get out some new smaller sculpts to get the price back down to $20, but what does that mean for the chances of repacking the N-1 or Mando ship into that cheaper, smaller line-up?  I plan to ask them about that this afternoon...

My guess/hope is that they plan on getting the new Naboo Starfighter and the Mando Transport both released in Vintage-style packaging - something they should have done to begin with (like what they did when they put out the new Snowspeeder - in SotDS packaging for all, in Vintage packaging at Target).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I would have thought we would have seen pictures up at some of the sites by now too. (IMHO, Facebook does not count because most people are blocked from seeing that at work, and anyway why would you want to drive traffic to their site, but not your own? but I digress...)

Well, we are all fans first and foremeost, so maybe we're all busy enjoying ourselves instead of wasting precious show time editing and posting dozens of photos. :P

Like a few others have said, there isn't really anything "NEW" at the Hasbro booth yet.  Most everything is just stuff announced at SDCC.  There were some hints that there will be some new stuff shown at the panel, so standard protocol for them.

So is someone going to ask about the "distribution problem" or is Hasbro going to get a free pass again?

If you guys really want me to waste some of my ten-minutes with Hasbro beating them over the head with the obvious elephant in the room, I can, but to me it's a waste.  Vintage is dead, headed for clearance and they are re-booting with Droid Factory.

If you really need to hear Hasbro state the obvious, then check out what they said when my pal Jayson at Yakface asked them today.

Jeff, I would personally appreciate it if you would stop enjoying yourself and upload pictures and whatnot to the front page.  Also, if you get another chance, please do ask Hasbro about the distribution.  Feel free to use the following as a script:

Hey you cocksucking dillholes, what the ****?  Me and a bunch of other nerds are having a tough time finding toys, so I have one question in two parts: 1) Why do you suck so bad, and 2) How and when are we going to get our goddamn toys?

Then say "Keep it real, yo," and drop the mike.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:43 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Smaller class 2? What? Is that what Hasbro said or did someone misinterpret them?
Already limited by what they can do, and they shrink it? So is that a new fighter Tank that's smaller? Doesn't make sense...cuts back on what they can reissue (is there anything to reissue that's smaller...Luke's sandspeeder?). They are gonna Battle Pack that assortment out of existence.

Deluxe "class 1" with two figures included? Again...wha...? Won't that raise prices on those?

The MTT one is interesting. The Yoda one is goofy.

So was the sandtrooper shown actually for Movie Heroes? He's holding some big vacuum cleaner gun.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:54 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Oh, and McMetal - there IS a dropship in the display...   I don't know if the pics I uploaded last night have been processed by the guys yet, but ut's there on shelf.  Cant post the pic from here, but I'll tweet it on the JD twitter for you...  pic.twitter.com/Kdsljq4v

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the update. Was it the Clone Wars or (blecch) "realistic" version?

Had a major crisis here at work and missed all the hasbro shtick. Did they really not show the first Clone Wars wave of 2013 as I read they would this morning? Did they show ANYTHING for Clone Wars?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05 PM »
1 new figure. 501st Jetpack Clone Trooper and also R2-D2 using the CW B-A-D sculpt.

And 4 repacks (Anakin, Obi-Wan, phase 2 rex, R2-D2 and Battle Droid)...from what I could tell. That's wave 1. Looks like Rex might have a new gatling gun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:15 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 02:23 PM »
1 new figure. 501st Jetpack Clone Trooper and also R2-D2 using the CW B-A-D sculpt.

And 4 repacks (Anakin, Obi-Wan, phase 2 rex, R2-D2 and Battle Droid)...from what I could tell. That's wave 1.

Thanks brother! I just checked out the presentation stills over at SSG, so I was able to see these for the first time.  The jetpack clone looks like the only vaguely interesting one of the lot, IMHO.

I have already read a few comments from fans that think these are ALL new or at least slightly tweaked figures, enhanced articulation, softgoods, etc. I can't say without closer comparison, but let's hope so. Or not. Don't really feel like buying these again to be honest.

So despite all the jokes, they rolled out exactly what everyone feared - another Obi, Ani, and more clones. Has the ship already sailed on all the insanely good toy fodder from Season 4?

I wonder if there will ever be anymore Class II ships released for this line? I really wanted the Jedi T-6 shuttle, the Trident Drill Squid, Trandoshan Skiff etc. to show up someday.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 02:47 PM »
The CW Battle Droid now has the Firefighter Droid's arms.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 03:05 PM »
Galactic Hunter's facebook page has photos of 2013's Class 2 vehicles and their boxes. (SSG has photos, too).

Slave 1 is a smaller one-seater. The Fighter Tank is new and smaller, the smaller hatches that opened on the original no longer do. Now only one pilot fits in the center and one in the top hatch.

Obviously no break off wings on the Jedi Starfighter. I won't miss those.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:15 PM by scockery »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 03:56 PM »
With the lack of anything interesting coming out of C6, I have to say that I now consider this the lowest point this hobby has reached since 1995.  Spring of 2003, when there were no figures for 6 months was close, but, to me, this is the lowest low.

Clone Wars seems dead, and we may never see many of the cool crazy designs from the later seasons.  I'm just not buying anymore resculpts.

Vehicles, aside from the Naboo Fighter, to me, are dead as well.  I'm not buying smaller, less accurate sculpts.  (I do think these look like good toys, and kids will like them.)

As far as figures, I no longer collect one of each, and now that they are so hard to come by I've lost track of what's even out there.  There seems to be a few nice figures in the first Droid Factory wave, and maybe 1 in wave 2, so I'm not buying them for the droids.  I just can't make it financially justifiable in my head.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love this stuff, and for many years lived and breathed it.  But now, I don't know...there is literally nothing to get excited about.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I must say, they really seemed to have gone out of their way to make droid factory as boring as humanly possible. Is there a single new character in either wave 1 or 2? Resculpt city, apart from the droids.  I mean did we really need CW Mace? Mace with armored wrists? Of all the interesting new prominent characters in the clone wars series and they pick one of the most boring possible? I dunno, after the k-mart sets and the final TVC wave I just don't see much coming next year thats particularly interesting. Hopefully wave 3 is better. Aliens Hasbro, give me aliens.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Were also getting a CW 501st AT-RT with 501st ARF Trooper, and Poggle the Lesser's Tactical Droid TX-21. :o
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:56 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Were also getting a CW 501st AT-RT with 501st ARF Trooper, and Poggle the Lesser's Tactical Droid TX-21. :o

Where was this reported?

Nevermind - I saw the pictures on SirStevesGuide.

I do like the Yoda JSF Mini-Rig more and more. The ability to change out the Build-a-Droid dome makes it even better!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:19 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter