Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 48485 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Phase II Captain Rex
501st Jet Pack Trooper
Battle Droid
R2-D2
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Maul
Savage Opress
Commander Cody
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:17 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Continuing 2013's trend of no new characters!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:36 PM »
What is even more ridiculous is that it looks like the Obi-Wan and Anakin are yet again "NEW" versions and not just straight re-packs. For the first two years of the line the re-packed the hell out of the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures from launch - I couldn't even begin to count the number of CW Obi-Wans I have with the swap-able Helmet/Head. And then there was Anakin that was pretty much the same figure but came in three flavors - regular, space suit slight mods, soft goods... and instead of worry about those two they continued to pump out new characters.

Now they're all we get along with a handful of clones that no one really wanted.

Did we really need them to make a version of R2 that uses the Goldie body sculpt?

Like I said in the "Future of the Clone Wars line" thread, I'd much rather they cancel this line altogether then keep it limping along like it is.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:50 PM »
It's not Goldie's mold. This R2-D2 uses the CW build-a-droid style mold that was used on a later astromech.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Yep, and Malibu Stacy HAS A NEW FUR COAT!!!  ;D

Agreed it is a lackluster line-up once again. Clearly they have not learned how to "fix" this line nor does it seem they even care anymore.

I won't go as far as Pete and wish for the imminent end, but I do admit it pretty much sucks collecting this line now and has not been fun for nearly a year now. This is all I got for SW though, so when this dries up, I'm out. And I'm not ready to be out yet.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28 PM »
And the kicks in the crotch from Hasbro continue. Anyone want to play a game and see who can take a picture with the most Obi-wons in it starting with this wave. I will be exempt of course because the 12 Anakins and numerous Obis that have kept me from seeing a new figure since wave one are clogging the pegs in all of my areas stores.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Looks like there is also going to be repacks of Cody, Maul, and Opress (Armored) in this wave.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:47 PM by SnTrooper »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00 PM »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Nice to see the Battle Droid's got new articulated arms, but it should've gotten articulated knees and ankles too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:56 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Interesting how they kept the Maul and Oppress figures out of the slide show only to pass them on this way. I wonder if they did that because it's hard to sell an exclusive Battle Pack 10 slides later when you just showed off that 2 of the 3 figures in the battle pack are coming out on individual card backs....

:-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:34 PM »
At least they got the weapons right for the single carded releases of Maul and Oppress.

The Obi-Wan heads keep getting angrier and angrier looking.

And oh yeah, now that the vintage wave with "realistic" Ahsoka is an online exclusive only, ne'er to be found at a retail store, wonder if Hasbro will rethink releasing Season 3 Ahsoka on a single card again. That's a repack I think many people would actually welcome. So of course it will never happen.  :(

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 12:27 AM »
I believe Hasbro indicated that CW 44 Ahsoka is on a list of CW figures needing re-release

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28 AM »
Looks like there is also going to be repacks of Cody, Maul, and Opress (Armored) in this wave.

So then that Maul is the one that Hasbro mentioned a lot earlier this year that would see release single-carded. Funny, it's just a straight repack. Not even any tweaking... I'm sure hecka people are dissapointed that it's not even Spidey Maul. :-\

Finally a repack with armored Savage. Hasbro's just terribly sly - they don't pack in his lightsaber with the Battle Pack version so that we can get both the BP AND the single-carded repack.

I'm not exactly sure why Hasbrpo hasn't repacked Ahsoka yet. You would think that being that they're going with core characters only now they would repack her. This figure goes for $70 on Amazon!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Maybe Hasbro is one selling them on Amazon. HA!

Quote from: McMetal
The Obi-Wan heads keep getting angrier and angrier looking.

Yeah, he's not known for being mad all the time. I think the same thing when I see Mickey Mouse figures/toys with this almost evil scowl. Is Mickey known for being an angry character?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Check out the South Park episode with him in it...  He's downright ego-maniacal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77