Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 48470 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 03:45 PM »
When is this wave supposed to hit? February/March 2013 like the Droid Factory or earlier?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 4, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Like I said in the "Future of the Clone Wars line" thread, I'd much rather they cancel this line altogether then keep it limping along like it is.

No offense, but I would much prefer to see it limping along than not at all.  At least with a limp, I can get some figures that I like, such as the three repainted phase 2 clone troopers (501st, Sinker and Boost), another phase 2 Rex (this time with articulated knees) and cyborg Darth Maul.  I am still holding the torch for a General Krell figure, too!

What I find interesting is how my attitude toward Hasbro has changed over the last year.  I used to take them at their word, and I used to rely on what they told us.  Now, not so much.  They have been telling us (such as at CVI) that this line is geared toward children, and that they are making changes to it in order to maximize their experience with it.  So, in 2012, we saw Obi-Wan, Boss, Wolffe, Fox and Rex with no wrist articulation, and Rex, Scuba Ahsoka, Wolffe, Fox and Boss with no knee articulation.  Okay, I assumed that going into 2013, we would no longer see figures with wrist and knee articulation.  But fast forward to the CVI slideshow, and the new Rex appears to have knee articulation, and the new Obi-Wan appears to have wrist articulation.  Huh???  I just wish that I could predict what they are going to do based on what they tell us that they are going to do.  But that does not appear to be the case anymore. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29 AM »
New hi-res photos of this wave are up over at RS. (Including Darth Maul single carded)

So...yeah, what about that articulation?

Jet Pack clone has articulated knees, elbows, wrists, etc. Obi and Rex both have enhanced articulation from their 2012 versions. These are definitely an improvement from this year's offerings, but seem pretty far away from the 5 POA we are being told to expect. Maybe in successive waves?

Anyways, it's a ho hum first wave, hope it does not linger like the first wave of this year. Yoda packaging looked alright.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I was thinking about buying Anakin and Obi-Wan since I passed on the 2012 versions, but I'm not sure I like the "scowly faces" they have going on here.  Obi-Wan reminds me more of young Dooku with the pointy beard and "mad" eyebrows.   :P

I'll definitely be buying the upgraded Rex, makes me glad I passed on the under-articulated 2012 version.  I'll also be buying the R2 (love the CW BAD body) and the 501st Clone too.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2013, 02:35 PM »
I want to know what they are planning to do with the Clone Wars line this year. Are they going to suspend that line for seven months too?

I asked...

A few of our forum members have been asking how the Droid Factory cancellation and re-shipping of Vintage will affect Clone Wars.

We have seen the 2013 vehicles start hitting stores (and online shops have put up pre-orders), but what about the Clone Wars basic figure line?  Will those figures still hit stores as planned this Spring?

They replied...

Hi, Jeff. There will be more information about the Star Wars toy line at Toy Fair next month. 

Patience, I guess.  Either they'll hit in the next six weeks or we'll find out their fate at Toy Fair. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the efforts! I'm certainly not anticipating any good news, but some clarity of future direction would be nice.

Or, ideally: "We sold that sub-line to Disney. They will have 40 new figures out in 2013 starting this spring with the Pong Krell wave..."

:D

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2013, 08:46 PM »

Or, ideally: "We sold that sub-line to Disney. They will have 40 new figures out in 2013 starting this spring with the Pong Krell wave..."

:D

That would be the kind of news that makes me take out a small business loan!

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11 PM »

OMG!  I wouldn't hear a thing anyone said to me for about an hour after reading that kind of news!  To quote Tootsie: "Heaven...sheer heaven."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 10:35 PM »
So...huge sigh of relief this wave has been spotted at retail in the Phillipines, as per JTA. (They have pics in the comments section)

I was starting to have a really bad feeling we might not see these at all and Hasbro had some kind of ominous announcement planned for Toy Fair about the line ending outright this year.

At least we can expect to get the figures we have already seen, although the fate of the battle-droid still seems up in the air. (No longer seems to be part of Wave 1)

Also good news because I was not thrilled at the prospect of no new figures for six months while they are figuring what the heck to do with the TVC and MH lines. I'm hoping these will start to show up in the next month or so here stateside.

Also good to hear because that implies an imminent clearancing of all that Darth Maul packaged swag that is clogging the pegs everywhere.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05 PM »
although the fate of the battle-droid still seems up in the air. (No longer seems to be part of Wave 1)

The photo posted in the JTA comment section shows the Battle Droid...

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/420/2992/original.jpg
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:07 PM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Can anyone tell if these all have some "new" detail to them or are a few of them just straight repacks?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 04:48 PM »
I believe it goes something like...

Anakin (NEW head)
Obi-Wan (NEW head, added articulation?)
Rex (NEW gun, added articulation)
501st Jetpack Trooper (new repaint)
R2-D2 (new repaint)
Battle Droid (repack, possible articulation upgrade)
Cody (repack)
Maul (repack)
Savage (repack)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 06:13 PM »
I believe it goes something like...

Anakin (NEW head)
Obi-Wan (NEW head, added articulation?)
Rex (NEW gun, added articulation)
501st Jetpack Trooper (new repaint)
R2-D2 (new repaint)
Battle Droid (repack, possible articulation upgrade)
Cody (repack)
Maul (repack)
Savage (repack)

Thanks!  These are getting more and more difficult for me to track for some reason.  Old age perhaps?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Nice, so everyone is accounted for at least...thanks Jeff, I had seen the individual carded photos in that thread but not the group shot. That is a bit of a relief.

Still, what a lackluster wave, I can already tell I am going to be sick of seeing these same guys on the pegs the rest of this year. Here's hoping we see a Wave 2 and beyond...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 4, 2013, 09:39 AM »
So, pre-Toy Fair I had an unsettling thought: if the new 2013 Clone Wars figures were actually going to hit the pegs next week as anticipated with the street date/Target reset/etc...shouldn't online stores have their pre-orders up by now?

The fact that they do not suddenly has me concerned that Hasbro will pull some MH BS and that whole first wave will be axed and folded into the Black/MH line this Fall. (So far only foreign-packaged samples are known to exist)

Which means a brutal eBay wallet-raping for people like Pete and me that want these on the original Yoda cards.

Ugh...hope I'm wrong here.