Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Yoda cardback)  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
2013 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Yoda cardback)
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Here's what we know so far:
  • Jango Fett (Pilot)
  • Sandtrooper
  • Battle Droid (red)
  • Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
  • Yoda
  • Darth Maul
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
  • R2-D2
  • Darth Vader
As for these three, I'm absolutely speechless:

I know Hasbro's officially gone on the record umpteen times at C6 saying the MH line is now a kid's line, but c'mon, even those decade old sculpts are insulting to the children!  I guess this is a good reminder of where the old figures go when the Hasbro reps (used to) clear the pegs at B&M stores.  Epic fail.  Wow.

Here's thumbs of the rest of the lineup:

No way in hell that Sandtrooper's going to stand up if he's not leaning on his vacuum as a crutch.  I guess it's a smart move to get that Pilot Jango out there with the upcoming Slave-1 (mini) re-release, so kudos to Hasbro for finally putting 1 + 1 together.  And now that I think of it, I guess that's the FX R2 there, which probably makes more sense for the kids, as opposed to any other R2s with an articulated dome.

So is there anything new in that mix, other than the light-up saber Anakin and the Sandtrooper's vacuum accessory (or is it a blower)?  I'll be picking up those two, at least, but hopefully that's it.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:55 AM by Jeff »
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Basic Figures Line
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Why this line is even continuing is beyond me.

But if it MUST continue, I hope they at least repack stuff like the Light Up Saber figures and maybe the HTF stuff from the line that was actually new (Anakin, Padme, etc.)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Wish I was sure which sculpt that droid is...  If it's not the newest one, but was the one from the BAD Legends line, I'd buy.

I MIGHT nab that Sandtrooper...  Dunno why but I find a big vacuum cleaner-looking gun interesting.

The rest, I'm not interested in...  I'm kinda surprised they got me with anything in this line though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05 PM »
I thought the Battle Droid was a red version of the new exploding one shown at SDCC.

Some people are saying it looks as if Sandtrooper's gun is part of his arm. These photos are so doctored, its not clear. Odds are they are right.

Surely, a basic Phase 1 Clone Trooper is one of the first 12. Super Battle droid and/or Destroyer droid are likely.

I just paid a quarter for that R2 at a garage sale on saturday. Ha...it's popular and common as heck.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Does the appearance of the Battledroid in Red and Light-up ROTS Anakin mean that the final wave with Anakin, Boba and Tan Exploding Battledroid are now cancelled or is that wave still coming before the end of this year?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39 PM »
Carded images on Ebay (8 of them, anyway) (buy it now prices of $34.99 to $39.99  :o ).

Jango now has a new removable missile firing pack, but is other wise the Evolution figure. I kinda wish they'd recolored him a bit more blue-grey.

Saga era Obi-Wan includes a new hat spring action launcher.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:35 PM »
That pack if its what I'm thinking, is off the TVC Jango.  Does it have the wrist spikes?  Might just be a straight TVC repack.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26 PM »
Looks like Evolutions.  Since the missile really shoots, the pack is either new or from the Movie Heroes Boba Fett that so far only appeared overseas.

Steal the picture...

Hard to believe there's no clone in this wave.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Yoda cardback)
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Got my case of the 2013 Movie Heroes figures from Toy Palace yesterday. Like I've said elsewhere, I would have happily bought multiples of the light-up Sandtrooper and the blast-apart Battledroid. Hopefully those will find a home elsewhere. I would have loved the Boba/Jango Fett figures with the missile firing back-packs, but since those are just different accessories, I'm not as disappointed about missing those.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40 AM »
Are these just starting to show up or have they come and gone?

Sorry to be oblivious, but I haven't been paying much attention since November and seemed to have missed a Light-Up Sandtrooper. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 12:08 PM »
These aren't available in the US.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 12:33 PM »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:48 PM by Scott »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 01:44 PM »
Okay thanks... that's what I was thinking, then I noticed RS is giving one away from the old card and so on...

Since Hasbro hit the pause button, I have barely been paying any attention at all.