Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
WiiU
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Anyone upgrading?  We never got a XBox or PS3 at our house so from a graphics/ game standpoint we're biting.  Also the backwards capability is always essential to me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: WiiU
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:15 PM »
I haven't played my Wii in almost a year now so no thanks.  Hopefully they won't be uber scarce for you kids this time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:20 PM »
I'm in.  Any machine (except CD-I) that plays Mario and Zelda will always have a place to live as long as I am alive.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:10 PM »
I have a Wii but don't know what you are talking about...new version? Upgrade?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 07:32 PM »
It is the new Wii console out in November...better graphics, full HD, screens in your controllers

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Sounds cool, but between working on my masters, chasing a three (soon to be four) year old, and hunting I hardly have time to do anything else.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Not sure if we'll upgrade or not.  If we do get a new system, this would likely be the one though.  We actually haven't ever had a PS3 or X-Box of any kind in our house either.  I just don't have the time for that type of gaming I guess, and something like a Wii suits the family better for now.  Plus, I've always sort of leaned towards Nintendo, if for no other reason that I have so many great memories of the original system/games (which I still have hooked up in our basement).  I'll have to read a bit more on WiiU, but it does look pretty neato.  I hadn't really played Wii much for awhile until the past six months or so, since our daughter really got into LEGO Star Wars (and then, the other LEGO games), as well as Wii Sports and Just Dance.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36 PM »
I'm sure ill hold out until there is a new Zelda (no idea if one has been announced already)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 10:37 PM »
The last Zelda (Skyward Sword) just came out so I doubt it...Mario is at the launch, not a whole lot core Nintendo titles at the launch

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:35 AM »
Zombie U, yes please.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 07:22 AM »
I'm on the fence.  I haven't had much time for my Wii in quite a while.  Heck, I never finished Mario Galaxy 2, or even get all the stars in Mario Galaxy 1.  I'm not sure if I really have time for the system.  Is the deluxe version only going to available around the launch date or is that something that will be on the shelves for some time?  I would probably want to go for that version if I actually picked one up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38 AM »
I'll definitely be picking this up at some point although the question is "when." I was actually going to preorder one the other day but decided against it for the time being, as the release date is around the same time my $300 worth of cases of the final Vintage wave ship. That's a lot of cash.

And like you guys, I don't really play video games that much anymore. I mainly play games you can pick up and play whenever, really only buying NCAA football and Rockstar games (GTA, Red Dead Redemption, etc) each year. I did buy the new Zelda last year but I haven't even opened it yet, and most of my Wii games I've bought just for completion sake. I think the last game I played for it was Donkey Kong Country Returns. I love my Wii I just never have time or interest to play it. But I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I'll need my Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, etc. fix.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Anyone get one here yet?  I'm actually seeing these around town unlike the Wii which was all but non-existent when it first came out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43 PM »
We got the Deluxe Version but it is for my boys for Christmas so I haven't played it yet.  I have seen the regular version at retail but not the Deluxe version...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 05:25 PM »
I'm in.  Any machine (except CD-I) that plays Mario and Zelda will always have a place to live as long as I am alive.

I'm not in a hurry, but this is why I ended up with a Wii, and eventually it's why I'll end up with a WiiU.