Author Topic: Action Feature Arms and the speeder bike clone head  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Action Feature Arms and the speeder bike clone head
« on: August 9, 2003, 08:16 PM »
how do the action flip up quick draw Hasbroized arms look when removed?

are they all screwy?
are they compatible with other customs?
i figured i'd split torsos for the arms rather than boil and pop... as i don't know if it works.

also has anyone removed the speeder bike clone trooper head?
is that also a torso split?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Action Feature Arms and the speeder bike clone head
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 12:51 AM »
Generally they're all screwey Dimetrodon...  :(  Sorry to say.

They usually have a mechanism that attaches to whatever button makes them work, or the mechanism is built into it...  Hard to explain without popping one apart, but I'd suggest (If it's in your budget) to pop open a Kit Fisto sometime.

His action feature arm (Though a well hidden feature that didn't itself hurt the figure) is really different than his normal arm.  :(

As for the Clone Head, I haven't ever popped one apart to say one way or the other. :(  I know it's a strange articulation style compared to how other ball/socket necks have been for Hasbro figures.  The latest Dooku was different too, and the Clone and Dooku don't look as nice as say the Concept Stormtrooper or Clone Pilot's joints look.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 10:16 PM »
thanks, and i am now motivated but open a action feature figure too, hehe.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 10:21 PM »
From my experience so far in popping the arms of "action feature plagued" figures is that the "joint" for the arms is obviously not a normal peg, but it is still the general shape of a peg and with a little cutting and sanding you can get  a nice arm to work with. Case in point the left arm for Kit Fitso, I used his arms to make a better Mace Windu, but the left arm was so screwy, the "peg" for the action feature was soooo huge, so I had to do a lot cutting and sanding just to get a good general shape, but once I did get the shape I was looking for, it looked nice and smooth against the Mace torso. I agree with JJ, if you got an extra $2 head on over to KB and grab a Kit and just take him apart and experiment with him, you could get some nice results.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot