Author Topic: Late 2003/04 Figures  (Read 18562 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Late 2003/04 Figures
« on: July 18, 2003, 02:13 PM »
Hey guys, I just saw that these pictures were posted over at the RS forums...some amazing new figures here!

Any thoughts?

(by the way, credit goes to boba_jp from those forums for finding this....although I don't post over there anymore, I'm glad I take a look from time to time)

Just consolidating some threads ~ OCB
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 12:31 PM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New 2003/04 Figure Pics (from RS forum)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Awesome!

Ayy Vida
Elan Sleazebagano
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Luke Skywalker Hoth Gear
R-3PO
Wampa
General Rieekan
C-3PO w/ Escape Pod

Drooling big time right now!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 02:35 PM »
And Jabba, that better be ROTJ Jabba though and not the craptacular ANH Jabba

And a new Obi-Wan!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 02:43 PM by OCB »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 02:43 PM »
  :o    
I have to go to the bank & get a loan.  ;D
Way to cool!  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Comic-Con Announcements at Starwars.Hasbro.com
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 02:51 PM »
This was posted over at Hasbro's site a little while ago, an explanation of the Jedi Points, as well as the announcement of "Theme" waves for 2004...Sounds great to me!  Here's the link, as well as the text from the article (if that is ok to post here, if not, I am sorry).

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.949/dn/default.cfm

Article:

Jul 18, 2003
Republic News
Comic-Con Announcements

For those of you who aren’t attending Comic-Con this week, here is what we unveiled today at our presentation.

We are pleased to announce the creation of Jedi Master Points Auctions. Since 1999, you’ve been saving up your points, and we have finally come up with a way for you to use them. Scheduled for launch in September, Jedi Master Point Auctions will enable registered users of www.starwars.hasbro.com to use their Jedi Master Points as currency in a series of online auctions. We are still finalizing what will be auctioned on the site, but we will have hard-to-find items like Jorg Sacul, Toy Fair Darth Vader and the R2-D2 Astromech Droid. The promotion is scheduled to run for a three-month trial period. We will then evaluate the program for the future; however, this may be the only opportunity to ever use your Jedi Master Points, so don’t save them up for something in the future! The total number of auctions will also be limited, so bid early. As more details about the promotion are finalized, we will post on the website, so check back here.

The other major topic was a preview of our plans for 2004. Basic figures will be combined into one collection, and our goal is to release a new wave each month, with three to four new figures per wave. Each wave will have a theme, and the tentative themes for the first five waves were announced, as well as some examples of figures planned for each wave. The themes and some examples are as follows:

Wave 1 - Hoth

Luke Skywalker, Wampa Cave

Wave 2 - Tatooine

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ (previously shown on our website)

Wave 3 - Jabba’s Palace

Wave 4 - Battle of Yavin

Captain Antilles (Fans’ Choice #5)

General Dodonna (close runner up to Antilles)

Wave 5 - Star Destroyer

Dengar (with backpack)

Also announced was the introduction of a new assortment at the deluxe price point in 2004. This line was created to offer characters and accessories that are too large to fit in our basic figure line while remaining true to our 3 ¾" scale. There are seven figures in total, which will only be available in the Spring, and where possible, many of the figures will fit into one of the basic figure themes. Examples include the Wampa and a Jabba the Hutt figure that will be featured in an upcoming issue of Star Wars Insider.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 03:00 PM »
Making a new screen name....BRAVO HASBRO!

Well,maybe not...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 03:01 PM by Dark_Count_Fatty »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Comic-Con Announcements at Starwars.Hasbro.com
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 03:03 PM »
My brain is way past compacity today... :)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 03:24 PM »
Holy...

Wow.

An accurate and articulated Obi. Finally!

And I'm so happy that they've finally gone a consistent release pattern of themed waves. Rieeken looks great, a resculpt Luke Hoth is a pleasant surprise, and a new hoth rebel was needed, though his extreme stance is a little off-putting.

Best of all, it looks like we're returning to POTJ-era scuplting and emphasis on secondary and background characters.

Looks like 2004 is going to be a year of redemption for Hasbro. Those ALL look good.

J

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 03:25 PM »
First off:  ;D

This is great news. I wonder, though, do they mean there won't be any Clone Wars figures in 2004? Will there be any more Screen Scenes? Each wave has a theme, now.  Great.  With a theme like Hoth or Yavin, there's no room for PT figures, obviosuly; are they going to get their own themes? If so, this could work out great: the Arena, the Senate, Coruscant, Kamino, Naboo (handmaidens!) etc.

The Hoth wave looks like:
Basic: Luke, Rebel Soldier, R-3PO
Deluxe: Wampa (or is he a Screen Scene?), Rieekan

Imagine the possibilities here.  This is exciting news, and it's clear that POTJ days are here again.  And finally FINALLY! a great, neutral AOTC Obi Wan.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Comic-Con Announcements at Starwars.Hasbro.com
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Jedi Master Points Auction: Bad

2004 Theme Waves: Good

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 05:34 PM »
WOW!!!   :o

Hasbro seems to be going in the right direction.  These figures, vehicles and screen scenes look awesome!  I'm just hoping that I can find this stuff in a retail store by me.  Can't find squat of the 2003 figures around here, but I have been lucky with the Clone Wars toys.
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 06:17 PM »
Check out my front page story about the new fan club exclusive, "Santa Yoda"!  8)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 06:46 PM »
These all look excellent! I'll be picking them up if I can find them... ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 02:16 AM »
Speechless....in a good way. I'll have more to say over coffee tomorrow.  :o :o :o:o :o :o :o :o
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 10:38 AM »
I've taken a look at all these new figures...

Wampa - Interesting, it's a bit "dirty" looking, but I'll buy it, of course. His hand falls off to display his wound, I think.

Reeikan - Great stuff, however lacking in articulation. I really like the transparent holo board. Definately buying.

C3PO w/ Pod - Pod isn't exactly scale, and I've got plenty of 3PO's... No thanks unless the pod is scale.

Jabba - I can't read whatever language that is, but the (#@$) might say (A New Hope) or (including Dias). I'm desperate for a ROTJ Jabba, but since I already built a dias I won't cry if it turns out to be a crappy ANH version.

Durge w/ Speeder Bike - (Yawn), speeder bike is interesting but I'm not really thrilled either other way about the charactor in general.

Clone Wars Mace Windu - I dunno about the flowing capes and the sculpted grin... Articulation seems to be similar to Eeth Koth's, which isn't a bad thing really. Probably won't buy any of the CW Jedi's.

Dignitaries - I like both of these guys, actually, I'll pick them both up.

Twi'lek stripper - the articulation is really visible, ouch. Nothing else to say, I dunno if I'll get this or not.

Obi-Wan the alcoholic - articulated knees, nice. I can see myself buying this, but I'll wait for more pictures. I already don't like the sculpted Jedi-Trick hand.

Sleazebaggo - Interesting, I like the look so far. I'll get it.

Hoth trooper - I'll get it, but it those wide legs look awfully like the same Hoth trooper we've had for a few years.

Hoth Luke - Very sweet so far, I love it. It'll match bases with the Wampa, by the way.

R3PO - Very nice to see this figure being made, and for once I think there is elbow articulation on a protocol droid. Not sure, but it sure looks like it. If not, oh well, I'll buy it anyway.