Author Topic: Late 2003/04 Figures  (Read 18625 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Check Hasbro NOW
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2003, 02:31 PM »
:Cartman's voice:Sweeeet
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: August 8, 2003, 02:58 PM »

"I'm so happy the Empire is about to crush us with the AT-AT's, it sure is a sunny day as well, I'm not too cold"

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 8, 2003, 03:19 PM »
OMG!He has a little blaster!Look!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 8, 2003, 03:42 PM »
The Escape Pod would have better as a larger, closer-to-scale vehicle. (Jesse, back me up here.) I'd have been happier if the Threepio were a pack-in with - FINALLY - articulated knees. Oh well.

The rest look great. A good mix of new and old. I love that the bases are modular. Hasbro must have finally found that letter I sent to Kenner back in '81. ::)

Now get to work on that modular Death Star playset, you bastards!!!
Post sober.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 8, 2003, 03:43 PM »

If some one is bold and daring, maybe they could place a light strip beneith that glass, and give it a glowing effect, fiber optics style.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 8, 2003, 05:16 PM »
« Last Edit: August 8, 2003, 05:17 PM by paploo »
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 8, 2003, 05:21 PM »
The Rebel Trooper looks very POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooperish, like they let an Intern do it.    His chest looks wider than the POTF2 Version...

But all that aside, I'll buy cases of him, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

And my only other complaint is that Luke seems to be leaning...why is everybody leaning lately?  Is this Hasbro's new thing?  Nobody stood up straight?

Oh well he looks awesome otherwise.  I too am stoked by all these figures, so don't think this is a Complaint thread, just a begger trying to be a chooser.

The General is something I have wanted since the 80's, I always thought that Collar was cool.  

I will agree that the Escape Pod rocks but a True-Scale one would have been even better.

I was about to abandon the modern figures for the vintage ones, but this may keep me in the modern stuff for a bit longer.

I am going to order "opener" cases from either EE or Newforce as soon as they list them.  If anybody wants in let m know, we can settle up after they arrive.

Paul

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 8, 2003, 06:13 PM »
The Rebel Trooper falls prey once again to Hasbro's lack of decent army builder sculpt, articulation, and features...

My Hoth Rebel Soldier would have a removeable hat, pistol that fits in holster, and he'd be articulated A LOT more than what they gave him.  Be nice to have a trooper you could actually put in multiple poses, from firing a rifle with 2 hands to standing at attention.

Army builders sell uber well, especially good ones...  Why be cheap with them? :(  I mean, they even have the option of sticking them in packs of 4 after the initial retail waves run out...  Multiple head variants can breathe life into them at little cost...  So why be so damn stingey on articulation and such?

A shame...  Especially considering we now STILL could use a "good" Hoth rebel and Hoth Imperial trooper figure since we still don't have good poseable versions of these figures from one of the biggest action sequences of the original trilogy.  :-\

Now, Riekean is great looking, as are those Club Patron figures.  THOSE are nice.  That Obi-Wan is the best Obi-Wan ever as far as I can tell...  Damn nice figure!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 8, 2003, 07:59 PM »
all ihave to say is  my hoth dreams have come true.

all we need now is an ion cannon... haha

ok i lied, i have more to say..

Kit looks really cool, as before, shirtless or not.
Saesee tiin is pretty good too, i myself would have prefered non cloth...
but it doesn't look that bad. plus its so he can be a pilot... yay?

Rieekan looks totally awesome just as before, i'll have to get a few of them..
same for the hoth soldier and wampa.. they are amasing.

the twi'lek sucks tho... just a boring figure...

elan and obi go well together and i can't wait to lay hands on them, YAY

an well yeah its all totally kick ass.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: August 8, 2003, 09:03 PM »
I think SW fatigue has finally settled in on me.  I looked at these and thought "Wow, those are great" and then didn't give them a second thought.  I found a slew of new figures at Target the other day and wasn't excited by my find at all.  I realized none of these characters were particularly compelling and the only reason I wanted them was because they're SW.

Between the distribution debacle (I finally did get a case from Newforce, only to have it be mispacked - no Hoth Han) and the fact I've been collecting these ALL MY LIFE I think I'm a little worn out.

That said, some of these pieces are fantastic.  Nightclub Obi Wan is probably the best Obi Wan ever, any scale, any trilogy.  All the Hoth figures are amazing, except for the Trooper, who betrays the fact he was sculpted pre-POTJ too well.  Like the Snowtrooper, he's not up to current standards.  And he's way too happy.  

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 8, 2003, 11:13 PM »
Overall I think that these figures are GREAT!  I'm really impressed with the Wampa and NEW Hoth Luke.  Those two just look awesome together and have to be among the best work Hasbro has done to date.  Although the Hoth Trooper isn't perfect and could have been sculpted better,  I'm not going to complain too much 'cause like I said earlier,  overall the figures are great and a big step in the right direction for Hasbro.  If these are any indication what's in store for us in 2004,  it's going to be a wonderful year to be a collector... ;D :o ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 9, 2003, 01:37 AM »
Unbelievable, that's what this stuff is.  It's hilarious how Hasbro can do such a great job in non-movie years on their quality, and release a lot of pure junk in the movie years.  

This is the kind of quality that myself, Landothescoundrel, Jedirhino, Dimetrodon, Darth Homer and others have been preaching for Hasbro to do for years.  About time!!!  Imagine if they would go all out like this all the time!

Let's enjoy this renewed quality by Hasbro while it lasts, because as we all know, when EPIII figures roll around, there is a good chance that Hasbro will go in the wrong direction(s) again.

And like Mister PL said, c'mon, make a modular Death Star now you bastards!!! ;)

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 9, 2003, 09:51 AM »
*tossess two pennies on the table*

My two cents worth:

I think these figures have fantastic amounts of detail, playability, and potential. Dimetrodon and I were talking on the phone about how lukes little cloth thing behind his head should be hanging down, as in some pics it is, and some pics it isnt. He came to the conclusion he would staple a piece of cloth to lukes head lol.

Im digging Obi-Wan, and I may just get 2 of him, just to have an extra.

Im also digging the lack of action features. They are nice ONCE IN A WHILE.

*hint hint hasbro*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 9, 2003, 08:09 PM »
*tossess two pennies on the table*

He came to the conclusion he would staple a piece of cloth to lukes head lol.

*steals two pennies off of table*

Well i think the towel ag headgear thing should have been cloth anyway...
thats the time to use cloth goods and have no debate about it.
unlike the new CW Saesee, who isn't too bad himself in that category.

I do agree that some of the recent figures do looke pre POTJ or early POTJ style...
but if that be the case... it really does make me wonder what else has been made and locked away so far....
so far it seems to be the hoth trooper, snowtrooper, qui gon, and uhh... yeah who else could we get later?
hell, maybe even soem ewoks.. who knows.. or a hem dazon...

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #44 on: August 9, 2003, 09:26 PM »
I think some people are happy no matter what... plain and simple.

It gets pretty sickening hearing the constant b*tching and whining that some of the most minute details bring.
99% of what was shown in SDCC and WWC is amazing.

I mean I wonder why some people still collect til this day... 8 years into this now and no matter what people are not happy. I know if I dedicated this much time to something that I thought sucked for the most part I'd want someone to slap me and say wake up...

I mean Hasbro can not be perfect... find me one otger company that is... though most of what is on tap looks incredible. The Hoth trooper is not a bad figure... I mean he's a background character should we really worry that he doesn't have uber articulation, and he isn't the best looking figure we've ever seen??

I respect peoples opinions... but when that opinion is constant negativity it gets pretty  ::) ::) ::)

If Hasbro just can not satisfy you then seriously... step back put the money back in your wallet... and go find something else to b*tch about.

They are far from perfect as I said (in many ways) but they could be a helluva a lot worse IMHO.

Kudos to Hasbro for what I've seen for the coming year...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan