Author Topic: Jedi Defender/Hasbro Q&A... Thoughts?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Jedi Defender/Hasbro Q&A... Thoughts?
« on: August 10, 2003, 01:16 AM »
Check the front page of Jedi Defender and follow the jive till you find the URL Textfull story link.

So what are your thoughts on the answers...

I personally STILL find the "flimsy weapons are a choice for child safety" answer a bit bogus.  

Hasbro said at one time that it was the industry standard, but when people called them on that they've now changed their tune once again.  Now the industry standard has changed I guess, and Hasbro does it from the kindness of their heart?

I also question the "Kids like action poses" answer...  Why would G.I.  Joe do so extremely well with kids AND adults, even in a year when Star Wars was to be the dominant line under Hasbro's umbrella, and they're made for poseability and "fun".

I believe these 2 issues to both be cost-cutting ones, plain and simple, and we've been given run-around answers.  Not what I like to see...

The interview is a good read, and I highly recommend you check it out...  The Sandcrawler sounds to be an almost-go right now, so good news for you Sandcrawler fanatics (not MY thing personally, but I did want the droid from it, haha).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Jedi Defender/Hasbro Q&A... Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 01:24 AM »
I believe these 2 issues to both be cost-cutting ones, plain and simple, and we've been given run-around answers.  Not what I like to see...it, haha).

I would have to agree with how you feel about that.  It was hard to keep all my feelings in when I interviewed Andy at Hasbro, but I was happy enough that he just took the time out of his day to spend an hour with me like that.  Those were my two biggest issues that I wanted cleared up, but his answers weren't what I was wanting to hear.
dustrho

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 01:48 AM »
I loved the interview!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 01:57 AM »
That really was a good interview...  Very informative... :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 02:04 AM »
Indeed, and since I see there's a whole other thread in the announcements section for this, I will promptly end this here. :)

Especially since it's only me and Rogue participating right now anyway.  

Over to the announcements we go!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 04:47 AM »
It was a good interview (nice job Chris!) but I agree with Jesse that there was some spin.  Oh, well.  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 12:16 PM »
Well, I think the deal with the rubber guns is so if they get loddged in a childs throat, then can bend them out of the way to get air into the child or some garbage...just like plastic balls have a hole specialy designed so EMT's can deflate it to save a chocking child. I think...:-/

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Bosskmr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 02:36 PM »
I don't buy the rubber gun thing.

Hasbro's 3 3/4" G.I.joe weapons are a lot stronger then the Star Wars weapons.....are they not made from the same company.

Let's face it, the cheaper quality plastic ion both the weapons and figures themselves came about when Hasbro paid an arm and a leg for the license.  It's cost savings measures