Author Topic: TRU Vintage Box Millennium Falcon  (Read 16908 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
TRU Vintage Box Millennium Falcon
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:45 AM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Vintage Box Millennium Falcon
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:29 AM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:35 AM »
millenium falcon in stock at TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16400996

$250?!  Did I miss something here?

Lord have mercy thats quite the high price! That's something like a $70 box... Makes the MTT look like a steal haha!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:36 AM by Greg »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Yeah... I really want one, but not $250 really want..

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17 PM »
They're kidding right?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:35 PM »
That thing went North...wow.  I've been getting tons of emailed coupons from TRU lately and I'm sure that will continue through the holiday season, but would likely still a bit too expensive to buy just for the damn box.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Something tells me this will play out like the MTT.  Ridiculously over-priced by TRU at $180, but then we find out there's a $50 coupon coming that will magically put it back at the regular retail price.  I would not be surprised if the reason the Falcon is $250 is so that they can have a similar "amazing" deal on it at some point in the holiday shopping season.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Something tells me this will play out like the MTT.  Ridiculously over-priced by TRU at $180, but then we find out there's a $50 coupon coming that will magically put it back at the regular retail price.  I would not be surprised if the reason the Falcon is $250 is so that they can have a similar "amazing" deal on it at some point in the holiday shopping season.   ::)

Well, if it's anything like the Death Star Trench set, I believe they sold it for $50 on Black Friday... that's probably what might happen in a month.

Edit: if things get more expensive, I might have to earn some extra cash at the sperm bank.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:11 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I really am starting to hate TRU.  I find stuff like this to be, at the very least, misleading...  It makes me glad I don't generally shop at TRU without a good sale going on.

I'm glad I'm not a die-hard for boxes too.  Ultimately I'd rather have a real Vintage SW Boxed Falcon than a remake of it.  the modern ones are ok but only for cheap (like the B-Wing).  Short of a major improvement to the toy, or a fair price, piss on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Wow. I'm scared about what they're going to price the At-At at.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 02:24 PM »
That is just nuts.  There could be a sale/coupon on the way (and likely is), but still - even $200 is too much, yoinks.  I already have one as well (one of my favorite items of the entire line I think, if not the top one), but honestly, I was half way tempted by the packaging (and this is from someone who opens nearly everything).  Overall I probably couldn't afford it even if it was the same price as before, but at this price I can't even consider it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:05 PM »
That kind of pricing is pretty ridiculous.  If you already have the Falcon and you do this, you're paying $250.  FOR A BOX.

If MOMC/MIMB collectors bite at this, I will be utterly amazed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Before I heard of this reissue, I was considering dropping nearly $300 on one of these in the old box, but I figured I'd wait. I expected $200. But with shipping and finally getting this thing, I may just go ahead and get one at $250. Think I'll wait until my store gets it in, though, to see if I can get a nice box.

Plus, I preordered that MOTUC Castle Grayskull at this price, so sticker shock is whatever now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I've still never even opened my Legacy BMF, but heard it's a wonderful toy! Are there any tweaks to the new one or just a straight re-release?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Straight up repack according to Derryl
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird