Author Topic: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures coming?  (Read 15215 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures coming?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2003, 03:43 PM »
They should have done this in the first place and not wasted our time to begin with...

Idiots are running that place I swear...and like the rest of the line (Sans Senor Yoda for kicks and the cool looking Saesee Tiin) Pass!

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2003, 07:54 PM »
if they release this second Clone line it should be through macdonalds or burger king and not through retail!!!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 11:21 AM »
Well, Hasbro's big announcement of Classic Trilogy stuff for next year has kind of over-shadowed this other news:

New 3 ¾” Animated Figures!

As announced earlier this year, the Clone Wars are coming to life this Fall on Cartoon Network via an animated micro-series. And Hasbro will be offering an exclusive line of animated style figures focusing on the core characters from the Clone Wars animation! These figures will be a Target exclusive and will be available at the beginning of 2004. Wave 1 will include 3 key heroes and 1 new villain from the Clone Wars including:
· Anakin Skywalker
· Obi-Wan Kenobi
· Mace Windu
· Asajj Ventress

Look for the first look at Anakin in the Star Wars Insider #72. And check back soon for images of these figures.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.952/dn/default.cfm

I'm looking forward to seeing what these things look like, which is a bit strange, since I have absolutely no interest in any of the other Clone Wars stuff at all. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 12:23 PM »
Well another Anakin, Mace, and Kenobi on the way at some point.  I wish they would have made up their mind before putting out the current CW line.  They are running the risk of pegwarming in my opinion.  Hope the cartoon is a hit so these can sell.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2003, 12:41 PM »
I'm actually more interested in these than the regular crap...that is the way they should have gone from the start

I'm thinking of these in terms of the Justice League line that is out there right now in terms of style...why they chose Mace over Yoda is a head scratcher though

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2003, 04:11 PM »
JL style would be cool, or Clerks "INaction" figure style. Bulky, blocky (hey, that sounds vaguely familiar...) and cartoony. Well, maybe not so much bulky, but when else will I get that reference in? :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 04:29 PM »
as long as they don't go too nutty with these, I won't go postal.   :P
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2003, 05:31 PM »
Yeah, why didn't they just do these?  Hmm.  I am kind of looking forward to these, though.  Hopefully they turn out cool.  And where is Yoda?  Grr.  Wave 2 probably.

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2003, 01:50 AM »
Pics are up at RS of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Asajj, and Mace (I think).

They look cool and at the same time like a happy meal toy. Pretty harmless, though, and a neat little sidenote line.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2003, 02:31 AM »
They look awesome, Obi Wan and Asajj in particular.  I agree, a nice little side line.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2003, 02:41 AM »
Pix here too!  :-*

Sweet!  8)  ...and cool little bases there!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 05:57 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures coming!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2003, 03:11 AM »
OK, now that I've had a little time to digest the new line here, I've got to say that I think they look pretty damned cool, in a cute, cartoony kinda way!  THIS is the line that Hasbro should've gone with all along I think, instead of wasting their time with that Frito Bandito Yoda and chicken-necked Mace CRAP.  Granted, I would've still wanted Hasbro to find a way of bringing the CW 3-packs and vehicles into the standard Saga line though.

I just hope that the market can withstand all three different lines at retail.  Hopefully though, things will go as has been rumored, and this animated line of figures won't actually start until the standard CW line of figures is finished.  That way there will still be only two different Star Wars toy lines at retail at any given time, rather than three which is probably spreading the market too thin.

But now that I've seen how cute these little guys are, I want some more!  Hopefully Yoda, the other Jedi, some Clones, etc. make it into this animated figure style too.  I'll be really bummed if we just get these four, and that's it...

EDIT:  Hmmm... Upon closer inspection, methinks the articulation on these figures is looking pretty dicey.  I'm not sure if I see anything more than 2 points at the arms (and maybe a couple wrists and necks?)...  Hopefully I'm totally wrong about that though.  Hard to tell with all the lined folds and edges in their outfits.  Jesse, what say you Mr. Super Inspector?  :-*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 04:09 AM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2003, 05:33 AM »
Interesting, GH is reporting these as Target exclusives. Is that a confirmed thing? Fingers crossed they offer them online like the A-wing if it's true - that was the easiest exclusive I've ever gotten, though Targets here have been pretty good about availabilty anyways.

I've done some digesting as well (yes, I've been sitting playing Galaxies all night, thinking about toys). It certainly seems like what they should have done with CWs at the outset. There's no mistaking these as their own thing, and they burst with personality. Not something I'm honestly interested in collecting with the same gusto as the movie line, but I can appreciate these. I'm just more into the movie line.

And I guess that's my point - it's so obvious this is a seperate line from Saga, that they can peacefully coexist. That's what is plaguing the current CW figures and I'm glad they're trying something new.

I'm no Jesse, but I can only really see arm articulation, hence my PVC happymeal comment. Makes it feel like a Suncoast item to me. That's not a bad thing, mind you.

Again, not my cup of tea personally, but it doesn't jeopardize space/availabilty of the line I'm focusing on, and they are really neat looking. Thumbs up!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2003, 08:15 AM »
They don't do much for me so I'll stick with the regular line.
Of course, I say that now....but will I have enough will power to NOT buy them when I see them personally. :P
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2003, 08:45 AM »
I kind of like them.  The Asajj looks a little more alien than I think she is though.  Almost Taun-We-ish without the long neck.
Common sense isn't so common