Author Topic: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures coming?  (Read 15211 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ANIMATED cartoon CW figures coming?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 09:32 AM »
I'm not sure what it is about these, but I like them too.  Like said above, the articulation looks kind of iffy, but I guess I can live with that since it will be a limited line most likely.  I just like the "cartoony" look of them, more in line with the show, and something different for those who want to collect them.  If I am able to find them, I think I will pick them up...and I might actually pass on the other Clone Wars line in favor of this one now.  I hope they do a few more figures though, particularly a Yoda and Clonetrooper, etc.  I'd really like to see the main focuses of the cartoon (whoever they are), get made as well.  I agree with those who have said, this is what they should have done with this line all along, with the exception of the Clonetrooper 3-packs, which are great in their own right.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 09:43 AM »
The Asajj looks a little more alien than I think she is though.  Almost Taun-We-ish without the long neck.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  The picture might have been taken at a bad angle or something, but she doesn't look right.  The other figures look pretty cool, and I will definitely be snagging these up.

On a side note I saw that Clone Wars Cartoon commercial for the first time on Cartoon Network last night.  Much better to view on the 36" TV than my 13" notebook display.   8)
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 10:04 AM »
These were announced by Hasbro last week as Target exclusives in the same press release as the Jedi Luke and Jabba Wave Announcement

I am decidedly less excited about these than what I was before

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 11:24 AM »
Meh, not so impressed.  I may not go out of my way to find these.  Interesting in a cartoon-y sort of way, but won't fit in at all with the other stuff.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2003, 05:36 PM »
Yuck! They look okay, but not that good. You'd think that the animators would at least try to get the characters to look like the real life counterparts. Like I said, the figs are okay, but I probably won't buy any of them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2003, 06:40 PM »
You'd think that the animators would at least try to get the characters to look like the real life counterparts.

That's how those guys draw their characters, just like in Samurai Jack.  It's their drawing style, and I actually like it.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 1, 2003, 12:13 AM »
Not to say that these aren't well done or anything, but I hate them.

:P

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 1, 2003, 03:49 AM »
I think they are horrible.  Why did they give Anakin a pompadour and Hammer-pants?  Ice Ice Baby Anakin looks pretty crappy.  Of course, Obi-Wan is the worst one of the bunch (IMO).  The figure looks more like Richard Chamberlain (the way he appeared in Shogun) than Ewan McGregor.  No thanks.  
Binders full of astromechs...