Author Topic: Iron Man (Movie and Sequels)  (Read 19611 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man (Movie and Sequels)
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2013, 08:52 PM »
I think the preview looks rather silly, personally. 

But then again, I've never really liked Super Hero movies.  The only one that's ever been one that I can watch more than once was Batman in 1989, and maybe Captain America.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 2, 2013, 01:30 AM »
Just got back from seeing Ironman3, really liked it. Last half hour was pure awesome
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: May 2, 2013, 11:47 PM »
Was there an after credits scene? Any set up for future movies?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 3, 2013, 01:00 AM »
Yes (and it's awesome). No (or, sorta).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 3, 2013, 05:23 AM »
What he said, yes there is and it was funny well at least my mate and myself thought it was funny and had a laugh, the other people in the theatre not so much

I think it's not going to go to an ironman 4 more that it's pushing towards avengers2
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 3, 2013, 06:12 AM »
Based on some of RDJ's recent press, it seems like he wants to step away from the franchise to a degree.  And I think he certainly deserves some time away from the character.  Don't get me wrong:  I think he's done amazing work in this role.  And he seems to have moved past a lot of the personal problems that nearly destroyed his career a decade ago.  Plus, he's an amazing actor.  I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr. move on to some other projects so that he can show just how great of an actor he is.

From the rumblings I've been hearing, a War Machine movie may be a possibility.  Don Cheadle's definitely strong enough to carry a movie on his own.  I hope that IM3 does service to the Rhodey character so that a spin-off movie would get a good launching off point.

That being said, I'd definitely want to see RDJ return for Avengers 2.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 3, 2013, 07:05 AM »
Saw it last night and LOVED IT. Just as good as good as the first one, and completely blew IM2 out of the water. Thought the swerve was pretty funny as well.

Post credits scene was humorous but did nothing for a future movie, which was kind of disappointing.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 3, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Just to echo what everyone else has said - saw it last night and thought it was great. While there were definitely good moments in IM2, IM3 was a much better movie.

I definitely see how this movie could be a launching point for a War Machine movie and it did give Rhodey enough to do both in and out of the War Machine suit to show that such a movie could easily exist.

Would be cool of they used a War Machine movie to start a Marvel Movie Universe "phase" leading up to a West Coast Avengers movie. With talk of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver possibly being in the next Avengers and Coulson (sp?) becoming The Vision - giving Cheedle and Renner the leading roles with those other members making up the rest of the team, could make for a neat movie.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #38 on: May 3, 2013, 11:23 PM »
ACK!  Coulson SPOILERS!!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #39 on: May 4, 2013, 01:40 AM »
Saw the  movie today and thought it was excellent.  I did get the feel that they could be wrapping up the Iron Man single movie series and just have him in The Avengers sequels.  I think I'd be ok with that, even though I thoroughly enjoyed all three IM movies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: May 4, 2013, 03:47 AM »
Just got back from it. I enjoyed it, not sure why so many people were so unhappy with it. In some ways I much preferred it over Iron Man 2. I can't imagine anyone else playing Iron Man other than RDJr, hopefully he is back for Avengers 2.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 4, 2013, 12:16 PM »
my son and I are going to go see it either later today or tomorrow depending upon local weather so I can do my yardwork ;)  and as much as I DON'T want to pay for 3D, I'd like a pair of the cool character 3D glasses I heard about the theaters will have. 
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 4, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Just got back from it. I enjoyed it, not sure why so many people were so unhappy with it. In some ways I much preferred it over Iron Man 2. I can't imagine anyone else playing Iron Man other than RDJr, hopefully he is back for Avengers 2.

I think he is signed for A2.  More likely he wants a break from more IM movies for a while.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 4, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Saw it this afternoon, and really, really liked it as well.  Not sure if I'd put it quite on par with the first one, at least for me, but very close.  Lots of good character stuff going on, and some great action sequences as well.  I'm sure many are/will be upset with the "twist" in the movie, and I can understand that, but it seemed to work within the context of the movie.  It really did have a sense of finality to me a bit as well, the ending seemed to be wrapping up the trilogy pretty well while still leaving the door open a crack as well.

As far as I have read/heard, Downey's Marvel contract was up with this movie.  There has been a lot of insinuation that negotiations are in process, at least for Avengers 2, and we'll see beyond that.  I know it has been said of a lot of characters, but I really have trouble seeing anyone else play Iron Man.  To me, RDJ is Iron Man/Tony Stark, and I really hope he at least comes back for Avengers 2 (and 3?).  If they decide to get the Iron Man franchise a rest right now, I guess I could see from the standpoint of him wanting to do something else for a bit.  We will see.  Sounds like this movie will be making boatloads of money, so I'm sure they'll want to make more.

As a side note, if anyone has picked up this week's Entertainment Weekly (with Tony/Pepper on the front) there is a lot of info from Kevin Feige as to the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Some good info in there including Phase 2 starting with Iron Man 3, then continuing with Thor 2, Cap 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy (as well as the SHIELD TV show), and Ant Man kicking of Phase 3.  There is mention of Doctor Strange possibly being a part of that next stage, and they also note that Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and Blade have all reverted back to Marvel as well (as far as rights go).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: May 5, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider all work well together. Throw in Morbius and i think they could have a pretty cool universe.