Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Disney Buys LFL

<< < (41/42) > >>

Nicklab:
So, George Lucas has seen The Force Awakens.  And according to Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy, George really liked the film. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-attend-star-wars-845948?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2015-12-04%2015:54:09_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

Phrubruh:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on December  6, 2015, 06:10 PM ---So, George Lucas has seen The Force Awakens.  And according to Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy, George really liked the film. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-attend-star-wars-845948?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2015-12-04%2015:54:09_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

--- End quote ---

Yikes! We're doomed.

Nicklab:
Check out this rather extensive article from Star Wars News Net.  It covers some things that may happen in the near term (Episode VIII), a project or two that may be revealed at Celebration next week, and what Disney's long term plans may be for the franchise in the longer term.  Collider's Jedi Council is reporting some similar news as well.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on March 31, 2017, 07:59 AM ---Check out this rather extensive article from Star Wars News Net.  It covers some things that may happen in the near term (Episode VIII), a project or two that may be revealed at Celebration next week, and what Disney's long term plans may be for the franchise in the longer term.  Collider's Jedi Council is reporting some similar news as well.

--- End quote ---

I hope this is all mostly true.  Obi-Wan movie with Ewan?  Yes please!  Bounty Hunters with Boba Fett?  Yes!  Star Wars on TV?  Hell yes!

I'm hoping some of this will get confirmed at Celebration.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Dave on March 31, 2017, 12:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nicklab on March 31, 2017, 07:59 AM ---Check out this rather extensive article from Star Wars News Net.  It covers some things that may happen in the near term (Episode VIII), a project or two that may be revealed at Celebration next week, and what Disney's long term plans may be for the franchise in the longer term.  Collider's Jedi Council is reporting some similar news as well.

--- End quote ---

I hope this is all mostly true.  Obi-Wan movie with Ewan?  Yes please!  Bounty Hunters with Boba Fett?  Yes!  Star Wars on TV?  Hell yes!

I'm hoping some of this will get confirmed at Celebration.

--- End quote ---

Same here.

I remember watching Collider's Jedi Council one time when Freddie Prinze Jr and Sam Witwer were guests.  The subject of an Obi-Wan anthology movie came up, and one of them mentioned that as many as a dozen or more Obi-Wan scripts had been pitched to Lucasfilm.  Between that and Ewan McGregor's expressed interest in the project, I've felt like the possibility of this project actually happening was pretty solid.  But like the SWNN article mentioned, I think that Lucasfilm wanted to have an idea of what if anything Obi-Wan's involvement may be in the Sequel Trilogy before moving forward with an Obi-Wan Kenobi film.

The prospect of a Boba Fett and the bounty hunters movie is also pretty cool.  I'm pretty sure that's what Josh Trank was working on when he unceremoniously left Lucasfilm around the time of Celebration Anaheim.  As for TV?  It's been rumored for a while that Dave Filoni was taking more of a big picture role and was developing the next Star Wars animated series.  I'm wondering if we'll see some hints of that or if it's still too early in the development process to show anything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version