Author Topic: Disney Buys LFL  (Read 78630 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Disney Buys LFL; Announces Episode 7
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I like that Lucas will only be a creative consultant...but I should be more excited than I am right now.   :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 08:51 PM »
One of the first things I thought of (and was mentioned earlier too) is what if they got Spielberg to direct one of these new SW movies.  With the relationship there with both Lucas and Kennedy (and the fact that he and others like Ron Howard, almost did in the past), it is entirely possible.  The interwebs would probably explode once again if the "Spielberg to Direct Episode 7" announcement came down the pike.

I noticed that in that short video at SW.com, Lucas mentions that he has had the ideas for 7-9 for awhile now, so I wonder if we really are getting the post-ROTJ stories (possibly with the OT characters?).  They are getting up there, but I would think most of them aside from Ford would be up for it...and having Kennedy and possibly someone like Spielberg involved might be the one chance to get him signed up.  Who knows...it is just exciting to be talking about stuff like this again :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I am not sure if I should be happy or not.

No sense fighting it Jesse.

What way should I not fight though?  I'm really just sort of...  eh...  I don't know how to describe this feeling, actually.  I feel like Data right after he gets the emotion chip in.

My friend, who's a casual fan, wrote me that he was fooled once and won't be again.  I kind of feel like that I guess, but I won't ignore this either.

I'm kind of into how into it some of you guys are though (Rob, Scott).  It's nice to see.  Hope Paul's feeling as optomistic as you guys are. :)  I'm not a pessimist about it either, I just don't know what to think.  *shrugs*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 09:07 PM »
BTW I see in the video that Lucas is already mentioning the expansion of the presence in the park.  Not bad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09 PM »
There's no doubt about the many letdowns of the prequels, but with a new team leading Lucasfilm into the next trilogy, I'm actually quite optimistic about it. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I'm kind of into how into it some of you guys are though (Rob, Scott).  It's nice to see. 

I've never been the guy who thinks that making a bad sequel or remake diminishes the original... I still like Raiders of the Lost Ark as much as ever even if Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was disappointing.  For me, Episode I didn't diminish how great Empire Strikes Back was in any way.  So I say let them do it.  Worst case scenario, it sucks and we all bitch about it on the internet. 

But what if ends up being good? 

To me it's no risk, all reward.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:10 PM by Rob »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23 PM »
So this is why my internet has been running so slow all day............ ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27 PM »
I've not lost love for the originals, and I even tolerate the PT well...  better than most of you guys! :)

I just am dejected with the direction things went, and I hate the thought of it somehow being made worse, which I think can happen.  The PT's, I guess to me, did detract from SW overall...  I didn't dislike the OT any, but I'm the kind of guy who can't separate them either.  So it went from 3 great movies, to 3 great movies with 3 you have to accept as part of it too, and they're 3 flawed movies (far more flawed than the OT, even the SE's, ever will be).

To that end I even really like ROTS...  I watched TPM and AOTC though recently, and those become harder to watch every time they're on, and I find myself turning the channel.  Never thought it would happen but it has.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Another BTW from me...

Nobody's even mentioned the re-releases in 3-D yet.   :-X

Now where do you go with those?  Complete fold on them?  Ahead as sorta planned?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20 PM »
To that end I even really like ROTS...  I watched TPM and AOTC though recently, and those become harder to watch every time they're on, and I find myself turning the channel.  Never thought it would happen but it has.

I'm with you there.  ROTS had problems, but it was by far the best of the three.  If it was the worst of the three, the trilogy might have been decent.  We watched all 6 in order recently (when the Blu-Ray set came out) and 1 and 2 are unbearably bad.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33 PM »
What's all this then? New Star Wars movie? NEW STAR WARS MOVIE?!?!?

For tonight at least, I'm freaking off the charts excited. Tomorrow, the skepticism may start to set in, but right now I am loving everything about this!

There has to be some kind of positive upside for the Clone Wars franchise too right?

Was this the big event planned to bring collectors back starting next year? (guessing not, but...)

Hell yeah, new Star Wars movies! And now I can experience them side by side with my kids! Pure awesome sauce!!!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Here's the deal to me...going into the Prequels we all knew the endgame we didn't know where or how it got there.  Now it is wide open...this could be 1000 years in the future for all we know.  Gone (hopefully) are all of the ******* blatant yes men like Burtt and McCallum.  I think a clean slate with Jedi and Sith...I'm in and I'm excited

What I don't want is forced cameos with Fisher, Hamill and Ford...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 10:50 PM »

Amen
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52 PM »
But what if ends up being good? 

To me it's no risk, all reward.

In a way, yes, but also no. I still feel the same way about the original movies, but the brand as a whole feels SO much more watered down to me in part due to the prequels, cartoons, whatever else, and the name as a whole doesn't mean as much to me as it once did. I'm sure we're going to get some movies that will be a lot of fun to watch, and while it's enormously unlikely they'll ever match up to the original three, they'll be worth seeing, just because.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Can they be totally unforced, starring roles, then?