Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VIII  (Read 121 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode VIII
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I guess it's already time for a thread for Episode VIII since things are already rolling along for it.

Rian Johnson to write, direct Episode VIII

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Episode VIII
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Who? :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Who? :-\

Director of Looper and a handful Breaking Bad episodes. Not a lengthy resume but I enjoyed Looper, so I look forward to seeing what he does with Star Wars.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:17 AM »
I really love Brick, and Brothers Bloom was really great too, but I'm not sold on the idea of Rian Johnson being the guy to take over Star Wars unless JJ Abrams is still going to be heavily involved.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 12:52 PM »
I really love Brick, and Brothers Bloom was really great too, but I'm not sold on the idea of Rian Johnson being the guy to take over Star Wars unless JJ Abrams is still going to be heavily involved.

Agreed re: taking over for JJ Abrams.

The only thing that this news report has me concerned about is that maybe Disney execs aren't happy with what JJ is doing and have plans on him being a one-and-done director.

Almost seems like they should be looking over to their corporate-cousins at Marvel and take what that team is doing RIGHT and put a Kevin Feige-type person in charge of the whole thing.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 02:13 PM »
I doubt Disney is unhappy.  Even if Johnson does end up taking over, I'd bet my left arm that Abrams stays on as executive producer.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Nearly Retired Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:02 PM »
I liked Looper quite a bit more than I expected to. I am ok with this so far.

This will give the ST a chance to have a different feel from episode to episode. That is good, it gives us another chance at a really wowing experience like ESB turned out to be. Not to make too many undue comparisons, but the two Trek movies were very similar, and the second couldn have used a fresh approach IMHO.
I live my life with no regrets...by taking absolutely no risks.
Custom Display Shelves